• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ranger Course

• Thread starter Thread starter typhoon85
  • Start date Start date
Here is another page with some published joining instructions for Reserve courses:

http://www.4rcr.com/operations/ops.html

thanks, Michael OLeary!

can someone tell me what the Assult Pioneer Course is about? what is an Assult Pioneer Element?

I was just watching a show on the Discovery Channel about a class going through Ranger School, and there were soldiers from Germany, and Ghanna (sp?) (as well as a Marine). I was just wondering if any Canadian Soldier has attended (I would assume so), and how many?

Just curious.

Yes, Canadian Soldiers have attended the US Army Ranger school.

If you search the forums, your find a few topics on the subject.

I didn't see any when I searched before posting the topic. I saw a few on combat boots, weapons and stuff like that, but nothing on the Ranger School.  Maybe I missed it. 

EDIT:: I used the term "Rangers" the first time, and I just tried "Ranger School" with no results.

A lot of Canadians have atended this course over the years.....I know of 4, and that's just the reserve world (these are ex-reg guys).

Needless to say, there are lots....probably in the hundreds.

Canadians not only attend Ranger School, but LRRP school (At least the old version which was in Germany), SAS Selection, French Foreign Legion Jungle Warfare School, the list goes on. You can search on the internet and find examples of these both units and individuals

Cheers

Yup and few weeks back some kind person here posted the link to the ranger handbook PDF file.

Here is is to save you some search time:
http://www.siena.edu/armyrotc/docs/Ranger%20Handbook/Ranger%20Handbook.pdf

It's pretty neat stuff.
Cheers!
P.

wow that ranger handbook is cool. Lot of neat stuff in there.

Just wondering why this stuff is released online though.... It can get in enemy hands....

I'm not surprised that the manual is online. What I am surprised about is it's root server (Siena College, NY). I've noticed that most of the US military training doctrines are unclas (maybe that's how the Iraqis knew to hit them in the rear). I remember old Canadian manuals being restricted, but we rarely follow our own doctrine anyhow...lol

PS - I know a handful of Canadian soldiers that also attended the Air Assult course in the US.

You can buy pretty much every training manuel the US Army has online or in surplus stores aswell for fairly cheap.

Well just like that worn out Bin ladin training tape with the guys going hand over hand on monkey bars..simply don't have monkey bars leading to your base and you should be OK.  ;D

Cheers!
P.

Its funny you mention this.  It just came down last week for anyone Mcpl or higher that there were some spots open

Hmm I wonder why only MCpl and up.  Many an experienced Cpl has gone on the course and done extremly well.

To bad your going to the GAN.  You'd be perfect.  Our RSM (Ranger qualified) is running the PT test at our unit.

Back