• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ranger Course

• Thread starter Thread starter typhoon85
  • Start date Start date
little jim said:
OR you could go to CSOR and do all that stuff and more (shameless recruiting plug)

You forgot to add " ..and live in the wonderful metropolis called Petawawa"  ;D

davidhmd said:
Except that PPF don't just do SCF...

There are no more Pathfinder Platoons.  Sure the Inf Bn want these guys in their Recce Pls.  But still those are Recce Pls not Pathfinder Platoons.

MAU is the only place that says you have to be PPF (or CD) to join.  Well that and the cell at CFLAWC.

Canadian soldiers have been attending the US ranger school for years, thats nothing new. I know with the RCR they usually send down officers to attend the course. We had a a Captain in Germany during the early 80's who went on a the course and came back with his ranger patch.

Speaking from someone who wears the Ranger tab I can say there are people from allied nations those people are usual officers and the majority right now are from the middle east, I bared witness to a fellow from Kenya.  6 slots a year? Good luck in getting one of those, I also knew that soldiers hear beat there head to get the course. I was lucky and I realize that, the only ones that get the right to go are American officers along with lads from battalion whom are spc and above (coming back from tours), if they are not chosen to go then they will be weeded out of Ranger Bat.  You can find 2 versions of the Ranger manual on the internet make sure it is the updated one.  There is a wide range of field manuals on the internet just search around. Take care

Charlie dont surf said:
Anyone know if the CF is still running ranger courses?

We don't run the course but we certainly still send candidates on the US Ranger course  Talk to your Pl WO and let him know that you want to be considered for the course.  In 2VP I know of at least one Sgt currently there that has his course that you can go to for info, so ask around.

MJP said:
We don't run the course but we certainly still send candidates on the US Ranger course  Talk to your Pl WO and let him know that you want to be considered for the course.  In 2VP I know of at least one Sgt currently there that has his course that you can go to for info, so ask around.

I know exactly who you are talking about, thats actually why im asking he got his a while back same with a guy im working with out here in borden. I just wasnt sure if they still did that

I seen some requests for nominations back around September.. they were for a few different Ranger courses going on within the year.
They were looking for around 12 candidates. So, yes they are still taking CF members on their course.

there are 6 spots every year for Canadians on the course. every bat should run there own pt testing and send their nominations to brigade.

Back