• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

re-assessment question

wings1

Inactive
Reaction score
I received my decision letter back in early april for a shoulder injury . It was favorable. They said I have been granted a disability entitlement but they did not have enough information to properly determine the extent of my disability. I was re assessed by a Vac Doctor 2 weeks ago and just found out my re-assessment is with a adjudicator in PEI I was told today this could take another 16 weeks . In total its already been 44 weeks . I am beyond frustrated at this point . has anyone else gone through this process and how did you make out . also I was told by a friend that after all this even though they said I was entitled to a disability entitlement they could come back with 0 any feed back would help I am just so fed up . just a little info on the injury it was operated on and has healed but it still gets very sore and I cant put my arm above my head 

I am in the same boat.

My initial file started to be looked at Aug '14, I requested for their doctors to check it out, but was denied and they said the medical files were enough from CF. Eventually at the end of Feb '15 they granted a favourable decision and said I had to schedule a visit to their doctor which would take 2 months. After a talking with a few people I got one for 03 Apr '15 and the "re-assesment" paperwork went to an adjucator on 09 Apr '15. I was told by the local VAC person that it should be faster than 16 weeks because cases like mine were put higher priority because most of the work is done and it has been active for so long. That was 11 weeks ago.

By the time the "re-assesment" 16 weeks is up, it will be 52 weeks. A whole year. It is extremely frustrating.

Due to being posted this year, the money would have went a long way to making the process a lot easier and less stressful, but who knew it would take this long.

I also LOVE how the website has said "completed" for the last 6 months.

Exact same time frame as mine . I thought about e-mailing Erin O'Toole but someone told me once its with the adjudicator there is not much he can do. I don't get where its going to be another 16 weeks as all the work is done for this file its just to determine a percentage if any

Back