• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rebuilding the RCMP

Abbotsford and delta have their own muni forces. there may be more but most are rcmp.

Crown-Loyal- If you are engaging here in the LMD, you are coming back to the LMD ....end of story so get used to it!

You will have some choice, so if you are worried about running into people that you know then pick the other end of the LMD. They are hurting for LDP's right now, so if that interests you then do your first 2 years and then you may get early  release from your first posting due to operational need.

Cheers
noneck

Noneck... im not conderned about pulling people over that i know. If i have a job to do then I will do it and no family member or friend will get any special treatment. So i assume from your post that i have to do two years service before a LDP. Is that because they like to put already trained officers to those places? So you think my chances are pretty go to come back to LMD eh. I wouldn't mind serving here because of the usaully warmer climate then else where. Where have you been posted to? and where did you engage?

I engaged in Vancouver and came right back to the LMD. I am still in my first posting just starting my seventh year of service.

As far as postings to LDP's go, some people do get them straight from training. However when I signed my Cadet Training Agreement, the OIC of recruiting at the time said that if you are from the LMD you're coming right back...and to date I haven't seen anything to the contrary as far as recruits from Depot ,as the LMD always needs more members than we send to training.

The work is good wherever you go, it will just be a different style and pace of policing depending on where you are posted.

Cheers
Noneck

Another question. I hear that cause of the problem to keep people in different areas that when Recruiting they are taking what ever % they need for that area from that area . IE if the class is sending 25% to BC they will grab 25% from the BC applicants. Is this true? Just wondering as I'm trying to get into the police in Winnipeg but if I cant I'd still like to stay in Manitoba....just trying to figure if I should even waste a recruiters time if I dint want to move far away.

I don't know if that is the case, per se.  The RCMP attempts to fill positions where there is the most need, which is usually BC due to the high number of communities that use us as their Police Force.

http://www.speakjamaican.com/glossary.html

Hey, you guys should check this out.

Tom

Will the olympics 2010 in Van/Whistler have any efect on posting of members. Because the majority of the securtiy is going to be rcmp, as I heard it anyway, how are they going to come up with all the extra personel?

Same way they deal with other big groups that come to Canada. Move members of different forces over there for the month. Ie RCMP ,CF and other security force in Canada.

I really dont believe that they would post people out there just for 2 weeks then post them to other places....but I've been known to be wrong!!! :-X

The word on that isn't out yet probably due to OPSEC. I do know that they started putting togther the security plan some time ago. I think that one would only need to look at other large police operations such as the G8 in Kananaskis to get a rough idea of how the manning will be sorted out. It' will definitely be a busy couple of weeks in 2010!

Noneck

And no free sking.......damn it. I think a 3 week all paid for recce of the ski slopes is in the cards!!!

"The word on that isn't out yet probably due to OPSEC. I do know that they started putting togther the security plan some time ago. I think that one would only need to look at other large police operations such as the G8 in Kananaskis to get a rough idea of how the manning will be sorted out. It' will definitely be a busy couple of weeks in 2010!"

Yea...thats what I was shooting for.

I think that you will find that the RCMP,VPD and the Military will be utilized for security of the Games. All three of these groups will have to work with each other and put their respective "egos" aside for the collective success of the event. The VPD has already started it's planning along with the RCMP for the "big show". It should be an intersting time for all of us.

Cheers
James

It is impossible for the RCMP to fulfill the majority of security positions - look at the number of security used in the past two games to get an idea of what is required.  And the US and other countries havent even begun to poke their nose in yet!

Back