• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RECENTLY TOOK THE CFAT

Don't stress too much about the test, you'll encounter much harder things once in the military. Just review grade 10 math and read a lot and you'll be fine. Math was my weakest area but when I wrote the CFAT they said I did above average on the math section. Use sites like math.com it helped me out a lot. Or find books about aptitude tests and use them (I used an ASVAB test book to help me prepare)

Go to Chapters and buy a GED prep book, it'll do wonders for you.

I never finished High school but i did go to college for heating and A/C, as well as i have written the Ontario Provinical Firefighers Exam and passed, been to many courses for firefighting and am classified as a 1st class firefighter

so the test is not that hard it is more about how you can deal with basic problem solving and sequences nothing to hard.  Everybody will have a part in the test where you may second guess yourself but it is nothing to get worked up about as i have found throughtout life that the more you work up about something the harder it gets.

Hey everyone!!

Just a quick CFAT question.  I wrote the test in January and didn't do well on it at all.  I picked a the GED book from Chapters and drilled math for three months and wrote the test again.  I did better this time but was still off by one point for the trade I wanted.  (Nav Comm)  My questions is has anyone ever written it a third time??  I guess you need to take math course and show proof of it and then Ottawa has to decide if you can write it again.  I guess this rarely if ever happens.  I'm a smart hard working guy who was just never good with math.  Has anyone had this same obsticle and can I overcome it??

If you go back in this thread, or one of the many other threads on CFAT, you probably will have seen that you can take the CFAT numerous times, after the requisite waiting period; but be forewarned that if you take the CFAT in the hopes of improving your score, it is the most recent test that will count.  If you do worse, that is what will count, not the "best of".

Mr. Wallace.
Thank-you for the information.  I do also aplogize for not catching the  answer in the previous threads.  Thanks again.

What will happen if you published any CFAT questions out here? They will remove your application form?

matwxx said:
What will happen if you published any CFAT questions out here? They will remove your application form?

Your post will be removed - you'll at least be introduced to the warning ladder - and you will have broken the first commitment you ever made to the CF. 

Not exactly a great start - either here on Army.ca (cyberspace) or the CF (the real world).

Just don't.

Back