• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconstitution

I get that discounts are not a guaranteed thing and it sounds a bit petty, but many US military discounts don’t apply to allied members posted and working in the US (and who shop in the US).

But hey, their business, their rules.

There are some interesting numbers in this article in regards to the Naval Experience Program.

1500 applied
264 enrolled
43 have completed their year
Of those 43;
50% have elected to stay RCN
30% have gone elsewhere in the CAF
20% have released

I think NEP overall has been a big success, and my exposure to them the past year is that they're generally quite keen, interested to learn and fit in, and overall seemed to be enjoying themselves. That said, I'm sure the inevitable problem cases don't get sent down to lodger units to the same extent.

I do think you are likely to see a drop in post-NEP enrollments as the program matures, or at least you might if the recruiting system can solves its intake delays. A couple of them have mentioned to me that they had already applied to the CAF, but ultimately signed up for NEP because they first and foremost were looking for steady employment, and NEP was a quicker pipeline to enrollment. I'd suspect this accounts for a good chunk of the "30% retained elsewhere in the CAF" portion.

There are some interesting numbers in this article in regards to the Naval Experience Program.

1500 applied
264 enrolled
43 have completed their year
Of those 43;
50% have elected to stay RCN
30% have gone elsewhere in the CAF
20% have released

I wonder what the cost per 'successful recruit' would be? :)

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Back