• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Posters, Slogans and Commercials [Merged]

West Coast Custom would probably take one look at an ML, and condemn it.

I think the best type of recruiting is done by us.  Tell your friends about what you do and invite them to come see.

Yes I also think word-of-mouth is the best recruiting device. I actually have recently been asked by a few of my teachers in my school who are aware of my involvement in the CF to talk to their class about it. Almost all of the feedback I got was positive where I also informed them how to get started...which was surprisingly their main concern. I am not designated to officially do any recruiting but talking to interested students one-on-one is essential by someone who has gone through most of it- although not all. Anyways, get 'em while they're young!  ;D

A co-worker is a former GM mechanic and my word-of-mouth got him pretty interested in the Vehicle Tech trade...and I'm not even in the Forces yet.

Why can't we produce ads like the Americans do?  I know, I know.....just hear me out.  U need a heavy metal tune in the background (i.e. Drowning pool, pantera, something)  Gets u pumped, show the infantry, SAR Techs, JTF (within reason of course) tankers, engineers, pilots, etc...all doing some of the better tasks associated with our job.  Make it "look cool" to join (a little mis-leading yes).  I watch the US navy adds and I want to join.  I watch the Canadian ones and......it makes us look weak.  I'm not sure that t.v. is the best medium to attract logistics, probably career days at school are better for that.  Anyways I'm sure that my idea would look too aggressive for our country, even though my trades objective is to "close with and destroy the enemy!"  Oh well just an idea..... :warstory:

I agree with 7 - 10 days, good ideas all around though, something like that Slovenian army recruiting video that was up in the foreign militaries section.  I also think that we should escalate the number of public displays we do.  The Queen's Own Rifles are planning on spreading out to a new Scarborugh armory, there are tons of malls and high schools in the Scarborugh area where we could set up recruiting displays with all the info you would need to start up and usually the equipment and weapon displays draw quite a few interested people to at least come do a rambo pose.  Even in schools its not a problem for the weapons as I clearly recall in my school there was a display with all our current small arms weapons, and then they even brought a Coyote or LAVIII dont remember... :salute:

Sigs Op

Funny you should mention reality TV great minds think alike or is it small minds differ anyway. I am in a position to influence the very subject of LFRR growth specifically within the Army Reserves and am looking at the concept of touching our very media savvy target audience in via such a venue.........

Just a Sig Op said:
Imagine, entering an MLVW on MTV's "Pimp my ride", or perhaps while the PPCLI were on exercise, the RCR could contact TLC's "While you were out" about redecorating the barracks...

Ah well, I suppose it will never happen... and I was so looking foreward to gangster rims on my rad van.

12 Wing is way ahead of you buddy. Check out my sweet ride.

I've never even seen a CF ad. Until yesterday I saw two on tv and heard one for the army reserve on the radio.

BernDawg said:
But will it stay in the air any longer than before?

They've always stayed in the air (except when inlet guide vanes aren't adjusted properly a la 401 on the deck of the Iroquois). They don't fall out of the sky like the media would have you believe.

Inch - Nice rims. What sort of sound system does it have?

Capt J - I believe the expression you were searching for is fools seldom differ, though I'll accept great minds think alike if you will. That being said, while I was clearly joking, I can see it being a very positive way to reach an audience for a very low cost... too bad "Junkyard Wars" is off the air... imagine entering a handful of EMEs as a team... the brothers in arms did quite well, and they were British, and combat engineers at that... imagine how well a team of Canadian's who were also mechanics could do? I'm guessing one of the issues would be how to do such a thing while maintaining an air of professionalisim... does this mean no gangster rims on an LSVW? *sigh*

Just a Sig Op said:
Inch - Nice rims. What sort of sound system does it have?

Only the best my friend, UHF, VHF and HF radios pumping out a mind numbing watt or two into some cool looking helmets.

Nice... I'm guessing it's even got some sweet hydraulics.

Just a Sig Op said:
Nice... I'm guessing it's even got some sweet hydraulics.

Sure does, not just one system, but three independent systems!

CF most recently began airing again CF ads on TV, which I find a good idea. It puts CF on the map again and on Canadians mind.

Alternative to ads, series like Truth, Duty, Valor bring a real view and taste of the CF reality (well, some) to the Canadians. I think this is one of the best way to reach lot of people.

Cheers,

One thing that amazes me is amount of sponsorship US army does. They sponsor what seems to be EVERYTHING. Heck, I saw them sponsoring a professional rodeo before.

CF reality show... hmmm... Survivor: Meaford sounds good to anyone? ;) :D

The ad i saw was all humanitarian aid.  Putting civy's into a Griffon and whatnot.  What about an ad showing the boys playing with LAV's and 84's?  That would make me wanna go blow some stuff up

Back