• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Posters, Slogans and Commercials [Merged]

Well at the theater yesterday i saw a CF ad, i think its been around two years since i last saw one in theaters, good to see that they are back! Has anyone noticed this?

Michael Dorosh said:
I'd rather see them bring back the national anthem before movies....

Second that!!!  The National Anthem with military scenes.

Here in Edmonton they have  a whole city bus dedicated to recruiting. It has the recruiting poster painted all over it. It's kind of cool actually. hehe >:D

Michael Dorosh said:

That existed once upon a time?
I think itd be cool too

Paish said:
That existed once upon a time?
I think itd be cool too

Not only did it exist, I remember a time when people would actually stand up when it was played!

*sigh*

x-grunt said:
Not only did it exist, I remember a time when people would actually stand up when it was played!

*sigh*

I was in Borden in 1992 or so and they still did it in the base theatres.  Surprised the hell out of me.

The National Anthem was played prior to movies in Petawawa and Lahr.

In Lahr (Westend Junior) we used to sing the National Anthem every morning, followed by the Lord's Prayer.

Also before hockey/baseball games with American Bases (Heidelberg etc). The national anthem(s) would be played.

I sure felt proud to be Canadian!! :cdn

Paish said:
Well at the theater yesterday i saw a CF ad, i think its been around two years since i last saw one in theaters, good to see that they are back! Has anyone noticed this?

I've noticed it too. I see CF ads everywhere.. calling to me.... so i answered
:salute: :army: :cdn:

Michael Dorosh said:
I was in Borden in 1992 or so and they still did it in the base theatres.   Surprised the heck out of me.

Yeah, they did it in the base theatre in Shilo when I was there in 2003. Surprised the heck out of everyone, but kind of reminded me why I what I was there for.

To the best of my knowledge, the National Anthem is always played prior to a movie at a Base Theatre.

All military members used to stand up when it was played.

Don't know if the bases still have theatres or not. Probably only on bases that are in rural areas.

They didn't play the anthem at the theatre in St-Jean this past summer. Dunno if thats normal or not.

Michael Dorosh said:
In the U., God Save The Queen is played at the end of the Movie.
If you want to see somthing funny wait till the end and watch the mad rush for ;D the door and only older people standing it's funny and not. ;D

Yeah, I've noticed a lot more CF recruiting in public since the start of 2004. I guess the government is actually trying to fulfill its promise of more troops for the armed forces. Im in the application process right now and a lot of the guys I talked to said I'd probly be doing BMQ this summer.

They've got one of those here in Vancouver, and at least one GMC Suburban.

Quite a sight to see the CF Bus try to park in the parking lot in one of the strip malls where I live (just south of Vancouver) and see about forty all file into the ABC Country Restraunt.

camochick said:
Here in Edmonton they have   a whole city bus dedicated to recruiting. It has the recruiting poster painted all over it. It's kind of cool actually. hehe >:D

Da_man said:
yep its back, and i think they added a few scenes
Not that i could decifer, i have that ad locked in my mind, best ad ever!

I just came back from a movie at the theater and I saw the CF ad. One thing though, was that the old olive uniforms the inf were wearing in the ad?

I also hear a lot more CF radio commercials, like the one where the female goes "So do you want an adventure?" or something along the lines of that.

Back