• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Posters, Slogans and Commercials [Merged]

I would like to take credit for the quote but it's actualy from The Simpson (tm)  The episode where th Mafia help Marge sell pretzels.

I just think it's entirely applicable to how the CF seems to approach just about everything.

The vids were cool, but seemed a little too Hollywood to me. They might have well as been advertisements for some new modern combat video game. Do the guys who dream about CSOR and JTF2 really need advertisements like these to know that's what they want to aspire to? Will ads like those bring in a majority of soldiers with the correct mind state to become Quiet Professionals?

Lune said:
The vids were cool, but seemed a little too Hollywood to me. They might have well as been advertisements for some new modern combat video game. Do the guys who dream about CSOR and JTF2 really need advertisements like these to know that's what they want to aspire to? Will ads like those bring in a majority of soldiers with the correct mind state to become Quiet Professionals?

We teach them to be quiet professionals - we need eager hard-chargers coming through the doors and yes, I think those ads are aimed at doing so.

Sorry for bumping this thread back up; I know it was three months ago but it is related to the thread I wanted to make before reading this.

I was watching the CF videos on the Infantry and they make it seem like our soldiers are in Afghanistan handing out food, toys, water, money to people. What is this? They make it seem like this is a charity fund or something. Where's the highlights of our men kicking doors down, raiding taliban compounds and in intense firefights?  ;D

Because that would give the impression that we are at war and that wouldn't be PC....

Don't show tanks blowing up grapehuts or killing people 4km away either.We wouldnt want soldiers joining to kill the enemy would we?

There is hardly a newscast that goes by without using shots of Panjiway in 06.......LAV III's moving along, etc.....and you want John Wayne too?

Now here's another one with the elite hardcore image: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUcaM_0ztbM&feature=related

ARMY_101 said:
Now here's another one with the elite hardcore image: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUcaM_0ztbM&feature=related
"99.99% need not apply"

I love that. ;D

The Beaver said:
"99.99% need not apply"

I love that. ;D

And, of course, the reality is somewhat different. The Royal Marines have a very 'gradual' approach to ramping up training intensity, as well as a huge infrastructure to manage the 'back squads' and training injuries. Their failure rate is actually quite low. Good on 'em though for the hard core PR campaign.

However, I'll keep quiet about the Tp Comds I used to see running alongside their heavily laden troops wearing nothing but a t-shirt and a terrier on a leash ...  ::)

I am not sure with the ads themselves. They are rather dull , and don't really make an impression. Numbers might be up if they worked harder on getting the prior service types who are trying to re-enroll processed faster. hell 2-6 months to do a verification of prior service. Way to go if you want potential troops to get frustrated , and lose interest. Maybe they need more clerks in Ottawa to dig for files.

petcali24 said:
Maybe they need more clerks in Ottawa to dig for files.

I don't know about recruiting, but we all need more good clerks! Radar O'Reilly, where are you?

He's running around the mid-west looking for his pet goat. (On a side note I met him once, highlight of my past career)

daftandbarmy said:
I don't know about recruiting, but we all need more good clerks! Radar O'Reilly, where are you?

Of course the Paras ad has them living for "the friday nights", eh daft?  ;D

Corps of Guides said:
Of course the Paras ad has them living for "the friday nights", eh daft?  ;D

Absolutely. Friday nights is exactly why I went through all that torture. Actually, they should have used something like "If you can't get a date, get a nurse"

Infanteer said:
We teach them to be quiet professionals - we need eager hard-chargers coming through the doors and yes, I think those ads are aimed at doing so.

Might help to get people through the door if the requirements were a little more slack in some areas, actually (vision) - that's one of my obstacles right now. Unless I'm missing it on their pages, the US and British forces are more lenient on vision requirements; I am pretty sure I had read that as long as you can correct to 20/20 without any actual conditions related to your vision you can qualify for infantry and whatnot. But hey, they're not us.

I've been seeing this in commercials, and also on the DND recruiting website. I thought it was a really awesome slogan. This might sound a bit silly, but does anyone know if they have a PDF or something that we could print at home to paste on our door or something as a reminder of what we want to do?

i have to say...that commercial has to be the biggest pile of dog s**t that has been released by the CF recruiting conglomerate.  Should read...fight the payclerk, fight the clothing stores, fight the DOAD's, fight the vetran affairs, fight CFRC, ...the list goes on and on...mark time a few years and the DND self eating machine will expose its ugly head.  On that note...and setting aside the admin nightmare....I have to say ...serving in the CF has to be one of the most enjoyable times ever in my life.  The people iv met, places iv been, and comradary unsurpassed.  NO LIFE LIKE IT :salute:

Back