• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruitment into Combat Arms (first time poster)

Have you considered "Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator" ?

I'm really surprised that there are any spots left for AES Op this year...I thought they would have gone pretty quick.

Spectrum said:
I'm really surprised that there are any spots left for AES Op this year...I thought they would have gone pretty quick.

I dont know if there are any but its an option to consider.

CDN Aviator said:
I dont know if there are any but its an option to consider.

For what it is worth, and this is just my account - its not meant to rule. But for those considering it, 2 weeks ago,  I was told there was around a dozen AES OP  spots left. I was going to in this week to see about adding it as my 3rd choice but got my offer for my cosen .

Worth inquiring! Good luck alll!!

I'd so apply for AES Op, just missing the math cred...even though I've got grade 11 math.. ugh.

EpicBeardedMan said:
I'd so apply for AES Op, just missing the math cred...even though I've got grade 11 math.. ugh.

I looked into this. Looks pretty interesting. What math cred is needed?

I am still hoping for something to open in the Combat Arms trade, but NCI OP and AES OP both look pretty cool as well. I was told my processing has begun so I will be having my testing some time this month. Heres to hoping something will give.

Regards,
Steven Wollenschlager

Correction to my last. 12 slots remain nation wide. My apologies, was looking at AEC for some reason...

What about Artillery or Combat Engineers?  They are both combat arms, though I have no idea what their intake status is.

As an aside, on the montly reassignment list, all combat arms ncm trades are open for transfer in except for infantry. 

All Combat arms ( including Artillery of both natures and Cbt Eng ) are closed.

ltmaverick25 said:
As an aside, on the montly reassignment list, all combat arms ncm trades are open for transfer in except for infantry.

Thanks for the information, I will look into that further. Would I have to serve my minimum 3 years before transfer? That is fine with me, as I am prepared to make the commitment to whichever occupation I go into.

S_Wollen88 said:
Thanks for the information, I will look into that further. Would I have to serve my minimum 3 years before transfer? That is fine with me, as I am prepared to make the commitment to whichever occupation I go into.

So you are thinking "should i make a decision tomorow, for a possibility 3 years from now, based on information from 5 days ago, that is likely outdated? ?

Great plan.

S_Wollen88 said:

A voluntary reasignment only applies to those who are not yet MOC qualifed.  If you are already MOC qualified its called a voluntary occupational transfer (I think).  Alot of guys will do this in between BMQ and trades training for various reasons.  In my experience the biggest cause has been delays in MOC training for the members current trade so the get fed up and move to something else.

Reasignment can also come into play if you fail your trades training, in which case you could be in for a compulsary reasignment.

I only cited the reasignment list as an indicator as to what the CF is allowing as far as internal moc transfers are concerned.

Back