• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

References

J.Harris

Inactive
Reaction score
Surprisingly I am having difficulties find reliable references for my application. Currently I have 2 professional references that I have known for at least 5 years. I have an excellent educational reference (college teacher who presented me an academic award) lined up but I've only known her for 2 years! Has anyone gotten away with using a reference you have known less than 5 years?

Thanks a lot!

J

It's not a big deal. Obviously 1 year is not sufficient. On my application I had put 4 references, including my father - albeit knowing me for 25 + years.. it was disqualified as a reference... The other 3 references were my employers > 1 for 5+ years, 2 for 3 years.
Only 1 of my references was contacted (contacted twice- with over 30 mins conversation each time) and it was the one who knew me for 3 years. During the interview, the examiner will go over your references if need be.

You can't use your immediate family members as your references. However, you can use your personal friend(s) (ex. best friend), or family friends as references if you're having trouble.

Back