• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son received today, an offer for ROTP engineering at RMC, pilot occupation.  Hope everyone gets good news soon.

RMC selections are over and I didn't make it.

Oh well. Time for Plan B, I guess.

ZeiGezunt said:
RMC selections are over and I didn't make it.

Oh well. Time for Plan B, I guess.

Plan B was apparently "get an offer for ROTP Civi U". Cool!

Accepted to EME Army, CiviU. 3 years subsidized at the University of Ottawa. Really excited.

random123 said:
Just got my offer. ROTP pilot, 2 years subsidised education at civil university starting september. Exempt from BMOQ.

Just waiting for some paperwork before its finalised.

Congrats Random123,

So you've been exempted fm BMOQ,
b/c of prior Commissioned Svc, age or some other reasons?

Looking fwd to communicate with you.

An applicant:

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think there were any more ROTP offers to come this year, but I received mine today. Infantry officer for Civilian U. Couldn't be happier!

Recruiting Centre: Kingston
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer- ROTP
Trade choice 1: Military Police Officer
Trade choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade choice 3: Armour Officer
Application Date: October 20, 2015
First Contact: October 24, 2015
CFAT: January 14, 2016
Medical: January 26, 2016
Interview: March 7, 2016
Merit Listed: July 20, 2016
Position offered: July 26, 2016 - Infantry Officer
Swearing in: August 16th, 2016
BMOQ: Spring 2017 (deferred)

aniQazam said:
Congrats Random123,

So you've been exempted fm BMOQ,
b/c of prior Commissioned Svc, age or some other reasons?

Looking fwd to communicate with you.

An applicant:

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Care to share "exemption fm Basic Trg" reasons?

Let there be light.

aniQazam said:
Care to share "exemption fm Basic Trg" reasons?
Let there be light.

They're not "exempt" from BMOQ, rather only MOD 1 BMOQ due to prior service as an NCM (ie; already BMQ Qualified).  So next summer, they will be required to complete BMOQ MOD 2.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/122202/post-1441971.html#msg1441971

DAA said:
They're not "exempt" from BMOQ, rather only MOD 1 BMOQ due to prior service as an NCM (ie; already BMQ Qualified).  So next summer, they will be required to complete BMOQ MOD 2.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/122202/post-1441971.html#msg1441971

Sounds good, thank you for clarifying, greatly appreciated.
Just out of curiosity, anybody who've already been a commissioned officer in one of the common wealth regular forces, if selected to serve CF, would have to undergo BMOQ? Any past examples of getting any PLAR of any kind or would they have to start as an Offr Cdt?

Cheers
Nick A.

Let there be light.

Hello.

I am going into Grade 11 and thinking of going into RMC through the ROTP program. I understand the aptitude test, physical, etc, but I'm not too sure about the interview. I read step 5 on the "Apply Now" page on the forces.ca website, but I'm pretty sure that is not for ROTP. Or is it? I was wondering if I should study what it says on page 5 or is there another page for the RMC interview? I read through the forums to see if this was asked, but I couldn't find any that suited my question correctly. If it was, i apologize.
I appreciate all your comments and I look forward to posting/reading more on the forums!

Justin

Justin Ko said:
I'm not too sure about the interview.

From 2007:

RMC Interviews 
CFR FCS said:
The ROTP process has been changed. You apply and have to do a much shorter target interview that determines simply if you are suitable and eligible. Same interview as joining the primary reserve. You apply for an occupational group as opposed to a specific occupation. Your ROTP questionnaire plus your transcripts are sent to RMC who then gives you a score. They don't tell anybody the number so don't ask. They do send a message back to the recruiting centre saying your are acceptable to attend RMC or Civie university or both. They may also dictate you need to go ROTP junior which means a prep year at CMR or worst case that you are unacceptable for ROPT at this time.
Once you complete your first year do get to do the long interview that will determine what occupation you are offered.  As discussed you get an offer after your first year and may accept or walk away at that time.

Your CFRC should be able to explain all the finer details to you. Ask them.

See also,

Interview advice (merged)
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12755.325
16 pages.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of up to date information.

mariomike said:
From 2007:

RMC Interviews 
See also,

Interview advice (merged)
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12755.325
16 pages.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of up to date information.

Thank you for those links, must've missed it. I live 6 hours away from the nearest recruiting centre, but will do everything to go there ASAP. :salute:

Justin Ko said:
Thank you for those links, must've missed it. I live 6 hours away from the nearest recruiting centre, but will do everything to go there ASAP. :salute:

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

Justin Ko said:
I live 6 hours away from the nearest recruiting centre, but will do everything to go there ASAP.

Maybe you should ask DAA? He is a Recruiter:
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/members/7446

Attachments

• LET-YOUR-FINGERS-DO-THE-WALKING.jpg
    LET-YOUR-FINGERS-DO-THE-WALKING.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 174
mariomike said:
Maybe you should ask DAA? He is a Recruiter:
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/members/7446
Wow, supplying me with everything! I definitely will! But I would've felt the pride of finding that myself haha. Nevertheless, I appreciate it as always!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Finally! Got the offer for ROTP CiviU today. 4 years subsidized BCIT mechanical engineering.

clownfool said:
Finally! Got the offer for ROTP CiviU today. 4 years subsidized BCIT mechanical engineering.
Congratulations. Enjoy the greatest moments of your life (selection day).
Being in uniform is the way to go and is really an honourable life style, indeed. Facilitation once again.

Let there be light.

Hi.

I am a college graduate who applied for the Royal Military College for the ROTP last month.

I wonder how long it takes for the recruiters to access my application and invite me for the next step (including the aptitude test).

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back