• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Religious/Extremist Terrorism: Non-Muslim edition

Not for those bases where Happy Hour is on Thursday afternoons/evenings.

One of the safest places to attack is a military base
One of the running jokes we had was that a van full of Libyan terrorists (a la Back to the Future) could drive through the front gate and the Commissionaires would wave as they drove by.

Edited for spelling.

One of the running jokes we had was that a van full of Libyan terrorists (a la Back to the Future) could drive through the front gate and the Commissionaires would wave as they drove by.

Edited for spelling.

Or thousands of lesbians.... it only took a reinforced Brigade a couple of years to make sure they didn't get in (too much) at Greenham Common.

An important lesson learned by me when I was deployed there a couple of times was that it's safer to be in the 1 PARA protected area as most of the break-ins, and subsequent violence, occurred at the RAF Regiment controlled parts of the fence.

Like all good predators, even rabidly fanatical protesters could suss out the weakest members of the herd :)

1619280540643.png

Latest from the U.S. Director of National Intelligence attached ....
(U) The IC assesses that domestic violent extremists (DVEs) who are motivated by a range of ideologies and galvanized by recent political and societal events in the United States pose an elevated threat to the Homeland in 2021. Enduring DVE motivations pertaining to biases against minority populations and perceived government overreach will almost certainly continue to drive DVE radicalization and mobilization to violence. Newer sociopolitical developments—such as narratives of fraud in the recent general election, the emboldening impact of the violent breach of the US Capitol,conditions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, and conspiracy theories promoting violence—will almost certainly spur some DVEs to try to engage in violence this year. The IC assesses that lone offendersor small cells of DVEs adhering to a diverse set ofviolentextremist ideologies are more likely to carry out violent attacks in the Homelandthan organizations that allegedly advocate a DVE ideology. DVE attackers often radicalize independently by consuming violent extremist material online and mobilize without direction from a violent extremist organization, making detection and disruption difficult. The IC assesses thatracially or ethnically motivated violent extremists (RMVEs) and militia violent extremists (MVEs) present the most lethal DVE threats, with RMVEs most likely to conduct mass-casualty attacks against civilians and MVEs typically targeting law enforcement and government personnel and facilities. The IC assessesthat the MVE threat increased last year and that it will almost certainly continue to be elevated throughout 2021 because of contentious sociopolitical factors that motivate MVEs to commit violence ...
"Who's who?" rubric chart from the 4-pager also attached.

Attachments

• UnclassSummaryofDVEAssessment-17MAR21.pdf
    739.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2021-05-16 152354.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-16 152354.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 11
And in breaking news from London, Ontario

Police say driver 'intentionally' crashed into Muslim family in London, Ont., killing 4​

LONDON, ONT. -- Police in London, Ont. have charged a suspect with four counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder after he allegedly hit five pedestrians because of their Islamic faith, killing four members of the same family.

Deceased are a 74-year-old woman, a 46-year-old man, a 44-year-old woman and a 15-year-old girl. A nine-year-old boy is recovering in hospital from serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

The crash occurred around 8:40 p.m. Sunday when the driver of a pickup truck, Nathaniel Veltman, 20, of London, allegedly struck five people walking on Hyde Park Road near South Carriage Road.

During a news conference Monday afternoon, London police confirmed that there was evidence that the incident was hate-motivated and premeditated but didn't go into specifics as to why.

"There is evidence that this was a planned, premeditated act and that the family was targeted because of their Muslim faith," said Detective-Inspector. Paul Waight during the briefing.

Police also confirmed that the suspect wore a vest similar to body armor during the incident Sunday and that potential terrorism charges are being considered. . . .

(more at link)

LONDON, ONT. -- Police in London, Ont. have charged a suspect with four counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder after he allegedly hit five pedestrians because of their Islamic faith, killing four members of the same family.​

My God.

Un-effin' believable.

:oops:
No. No it’s not, unfortunately. Why would it not happen here too?

I wish all the best to the police who will be turning over every stone to rip this little shit’s life apart right now, and I hope they get sufficient evidence of the ideological element necessary to support terrorism charges on this. I hope their family and community see real justice.

The loss of life and injury saddens me, and the act disgusts me.

Or thousands of lesbians.... it only took a reinforced Brigade a couple of years to make sure they didn't get in (too much) at Greenham Common.

They weren't all lesbians.

I knew a chap who used to go to lots of those, but not to protest.

It seems that a day of vigorous protesting works up certain other appetites that demand satisfying later in the evening.

FJAG said,
Un-effin' believable.
No. No it’s not, unfortunately. Why would it not happen here too?
Brihard, I consider you an SME. For someone my age, it really is hard to believe.

Not to suggest the 20 year-olds of today are any better, or worse, than my generation was at that age. Just different.

We were not exposed to alt-right social media.

We got our information from newspapers. And Walter Cronkite on CBS.

Only exposure I had to the far-right was some of our older guys at work were John Birchers. They liked to hand out their pamphlets, bend your ear about how great the JBS was, and try to talk you into going to meetings in their living rooms. No thanks.

These guys were all around when we were kids in the 60's and 70's. The only thing was they likely thought they were alone and didn't have a platform that they could talk and organize and have their view validated by other idiots.
Today, well................

Cranks only had "Letters to the Editor" of newspapers back then. Or hand out their pamphlets on street corners. Now they can get together online on Parler.

Back