• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve BMQ - 15 Nov '13

I still have to be enrolled which I assume means my swearing in. Is that correct (and if so what type of attire?) I was asked to keep Tuesday evening free as I need to do it to start my BMQ this Friday coming. However I haven't been told where (I'd also assume Fort York) or at what time (other than in the evening). They only contacted me this week to attend next weeks course. Seems like someone dropped out maybe.

mcrm said:
I still have to be enrolled which I assume means my swearing in. Is that correct (and if so what type of attire?) I was asked to keep Tuesday evening free as I need to do it to start my BMQ this Friday coming. However I haven't been told where (I'd also assume Fort York) or at what time (other than in the evening). They only contacted me this week to attend next weeks course. Seems like someone dropped out maybe.

Yes, that means you'll swearing in once you get the enrollment call. Business casual seems to fine, that's what I wore. Unless you want to wear a suit. May I ask, what unit did you apply to? Once  you're enrolled, they'll send you an email about the BMQ.

Yes, that means you'll be swearing in once you get the enrollment call. Business casual seems to be fine, that's what I wore. Unless you want to wear a suit. May I ask, what unit did you apply to? Once  you're enrolled, they'll send you an email about the BMQ.

32nd MP. I received a series of emails this week but they were very minimal sort of like this opportunity just came upon them to send me and someone said okay.

I'll be in this course as well. Has anyone received a list of items we need to bring to the course?

your course instructions should include a short guideline of what to bring.

i'm bringing pt gear, changes of underwear and socks, and basic toiletries. bare minimum.

we also need to bring a 500+ word autobiography, our ohip card, and another piece of id.

Any other 48ths here? I'm starting BMQ on the 15th, as well.

Godwinlee said:
QOR here, we're diagonal from you guys on the parade square  :)

Blahhh! I wanted QOR so badly. How did you manage to get in!?

lidsuu said:
Blahhh! I wanted QOR so badly. How did you manage to get in!? I'm coming to your side as soon as there's availability (which will probably be never, but I will never quit trying. LOL). :)

Maybe you should change your avatar to reflect your loyalty since you're obviously not loyal to the 48th.

lidsuu said:
Blahhh! I wanted QOR so badly. How did you manage to get in!?
Hey who knows, you might like 48th. Give it a chance. They are a great unit as well!

ObedientiaZelum said:
Maybe you should change your avatar to reflect your loyalty since you're obviously not loyal to the 48th.

respekt

Godwinlee said:
Hey who knows, you might like 48th. Give it a chance. They are a great unit as well!

Yea, but I want to jump out of planes.

lidsuu said:
You still can. I'm pretty sure the 48th can take part in the basic para courses as well. It's not JUST for the QOR. I saw 48th guys wearing maroon berets too ;)

Godwinlee said:
You still can. I'm pretty sure the 48th can take part in the basic para courses as well. It's not JUST for the QOR. I saw 48th guys wearing maroon berets too ;)

Thats weird... Highland units don't wear berets.

PrairieThunder said:
Thats weird... Highland units don't wear berets.
My bad..must've been someone else then. I still have a lot to learn haha

Godwinlee said:
You still can. I'm pretty sure the 48th can take part in the basic para courses as well. It's not JUST for the QOR.

The Basic Para course is open to anyone.  It's just a matter of right time/right place if you are in unit without a Airborne tasking(QOR, 3rd battalions, etc). A number of 48th Highlanders and other Reservists in the brigade have gotten onto the course.

Godwinlee said:
My bad..must've been someone else then. I still have a lot to learn haha

The only unit within 32 Brigade authorized the maroon beret is the QOR Para Coy.  The only other units in Ontario that wear the maroon beret are qualified pers in CAAWLC(various Res/Reg capbadges) and 3RCR M(Para) Coy AFAIK.

lidsuu said:

There is sky diving civvie side if all you want is to jump from a plane.

-Skeletor- said:
The Basic Para course is open to anyone.  It's just a matter of right time/right place if you are in unit without a Airborne tasking(eg QOR, 3rd battalions, etc). A number of 48th Highlanders and other Reservists in the brigade have gotten onto the course.

The only unit within 32 Brigade authorized the maroon beret is the QOR Para Coy.  The only other units in Ontario that wear the maroon beret are qualified pers in CAAWLC(various Res/Reg capbadges) and 3RCR M(Para) Coy AFAIK.

Oh yes, and I long for that beret, hence my dreaming of the QOR. They are the unit that I applied for, but the 48th was my secondary option. QOR is constantly full, so for anyone that got in, I am jealous and you are very lucky.

-Skeletor- said:
The Basic Para course is open to anyone.  It's just a matter of right time/right place if you are in unit without a Airborne tasking(QOR, 3rd battalions, etc). A number of 48th Highlanders and other Reservists in the brigade have gotten onto the course.

There is sky diving civvie side if all you want is to jump from a plane.

Thanks for the clarification Skeletor.

Back