• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves Oversea Training Exercises

ZKC

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm in the application process right now, and it may not concern me for another few years, but out of curiosity : How often do reserve units get the opportunity to exercise overseas? I keep seeing Facebook post about exercises like Cold Response in Norway, and was wondering if I would have the chance to participate as a reserve infantryman.

I apologize if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find anything specific.

Depending on your unit/brigade you may get an opportunity for an exercise in Europe. Keep in mind, these aren't yearly opportunities, so you may be waiting awhile, if you get an opportunity at all. Exercises in the US are more common.

Also, the unit will only have X amount of positions to fill, so the better standing you are in with the unit, the better chance you will have of being selected to attend. Plus, being available and a valid passport.

Back