• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RESO Signals Officer and DAOD 5002-8

MRC3065

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently going through the application and recruitment process for a signals officer using the RESO entry method.
Question: is it possible to be granted a waiver for education requirements (part time/distance learning vs full time enrolled) to qualify for Signals Officer?
Is this even possible?

Below is some background information
The education requirements for signals officer to qualify for entry under the RESO program is full time enrolled university.
The entry standards were last updated for signals officer in 2012. 
The DAOD (5002-8 sect 3.3) was last updated Feb 2015 increasing the flexibility of the RESO program for multiple trades.

I have successfully completed the FORCE, CFAT, and  provided all required documentation.  I am currently booked for the Officer Merit Board at the reserve signals unit next week.

I am currently enrolled via distance learning to upgrade my 2 college diplomas (computer systems tech and computer programmer) to a BSc Computer Science.  7 courses from completion due to my college credits being converted. 

I have been informed that I don't qualify for entry under the RESO because I need to be full time enrolled in university (meaning 4 courses started at the same time).  Which according to the entry standards, is correct.

My full time employment with the federal public service (DND as well) and my financial situation precludes me from being able to pay $5K in one shot on 4 courses back to back.
I am a little skeptical that I will be allowed to continue with the recruitment process beyond what Is already booked. 

How likely is it that a waiver could be granted for the full time education requirement in light of the given information?

thanks for any insight

Good day MRC3065

Welcome to the “Ask a CAF Recruiter” section. The members tagged as “CAF Recruiter” are official Canadian Armed Forces recruiters. They will identify themselves with their rank, first name and the Forces.ca avatar. In order to best answer questions, there are some rules that need to be adhered to.

This section is for persons who have questions about joining the Canadian Armed Forces, occupations, different enrolment programs, and prerequisites. Much of the information can be found at Forces.ca, or the Recruiting FAQ and wiki section of this site. Before you ask a question, you should be searching the forum or the Forces.ca website for these answers.

We will not answer questions about technical difficulties with the application process, or the website. We will not answer questions about difficulties contacting your recruiting centre or general inquires with regards to your current application or file. These questions can be asked here: http://forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

Maintain contact with the recruiting center currently processing your application. Upon a review of your documents that you have submitted in support of your online application it will be determined during the recruiting process if your current level of education and enrollment into approved courses leading to the completion of your degree will meet the educational requirements for your chosen  occupation. 

Thanks for the information, I will maintain contact with the recruiting centre.

Back