• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Retro Pay & Allow 1Apr 2014 - 1Apr 2017

It's important to note that only one bargaining group out of five in PSAC reached a tentative agreement.  68,000 out of 170,000 members.

Still a long way to go, but at least there's forward movement.

Occam said:
It's important to note that only one bargaining group out of five in PSAC reached a tentative agreement.  68,000 out of 170,000 members.

Still a long way to go, but at least there's forward movement.

Cup is half full

PuckChaser said:
How does the signing bonus factor into military pay increase? My gut says it doesn't, but stranger things have happened.

Light at the end of the tunnel at least.

Likely it does not; it depends on the wording.  It could be a "Here's $650, so the crown has no more liability for Phoenix problems" payment, in which case it would not affect military pay.

Interestingly, PSAC's website is claiming 5.5% over 4 years, where PIPSC got 5% over 4.  But I think PIPSC got more in the alst contract, so it may be a wash.

PSAC's website: http://psacunion.ca/tentative-agreement-reached-pa-table-includes

A little more information on the PSAC settlement: it's 1.25% per year for four years, plus a 0.5% "market adjustment" for 2016. (http://psacunion.ca/tentative-agreement-reached-pa-table-includes)

It appears that the web page is periodically updated; the link does not change, but the information presented does...

Are these agreements typically retroactive? Is if 1.25% from 2017 onwards (plus 0.5% for 2016)?

PuckChaser said:
Are these agreements typically retroactive? Is if 1.25% from 2017 onwards (plus 0.5% for 2016)?

If we look here :

http://psacunion.ca/sites/psac/files/attachments/pdfs/20161217_barg_pa_ca_summary_table_bi.pdf

It states in the agreement:

Annex B – Rates of Pay
Basic economic increase:
Effective June 21, 2014: 1.25%
Effective June 21, 2015: 1.25%
Effective June 21, 2016: 0.5% wage adjustment for all groups and levels
Effective June 21, 2016: 1.25%
Effective June 21, 2017: 1.25%
650$ Signing bonus

With the agreement expiring in 2018, and it being a four year agreement, it would appear that it will be back dated to 2014. 

We will wait to see the deal the military gets, but it appears as though this will be the end result for the Public Service

That being said, the agreement hasn't been ratified yet, and I wouldn't hold my breath before end January at the earliest.

Once ratified by membership, and following discussions between DND and Treasury Board staff, a formal submission would go to TB for approval of revised CAF pay scales. While that worked its way through the approvals process, the staff supporting CCPS and RPSR would begin tests & trials for implementing a retroactive pay increase, and figure out when they could introduce such changes and process the millions of retroactive transactions that would be required.  Once approved by TB, a formal announcement will be made together with an estimated time for payout.

I would not expect to see any retro pay before fall 2017; January 2017 will not happen.

dapaterson said:
I would not expect to see any retro pay before fall 2017; January 2017 will not happen.

I mean, I was more speaking to a ratification vote for the public service by end January, before anything you mentioned can even begin.

Still less than a third of the public service has tentative collective agreements; got a long way to go yet, folks.

The Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) announced 21 Dec 2016 that a tentative agreement between PSAC and Treasury Board has been reached for the Program and Administrative Services (PA table), covering over 68,000 federal public service workers. The agreement is an increase of five and a half percent over the four years.  More details are available online, but please keep in mind this is not for Cdn Forces personnel - only information that the government is moving forward with the Public Servants and eventually this will mean an announcement of an increase for Cdn Forces personnel will be announced in due time.  No timeline for this news, only that there is movement with the Government.  Actual increases are still to be determined for Cdn Forces personnel.  Some positive news after waiting so long since our last increase back in April of 2013.

PSAC has dropped their request for an order of mandamus against the Treasury Board over Phoenix (http://cas-cdc-www02.cas-satj.gc.ca/IndexingQueries/infp_RE_info_e.php?court_no=T-1021-16&select_court=T).  I suspect the "$650 signing bonus" is, in fact, shut up and go away money.

Honest question here - once everything works it's way through the sausage mill and the CANFORGEN is released, the CF pay is adjusted for the retro-pay. For those who WERE in uniform in 2014, 2015 and partially 2016 (then retired) would those of us who retired still be eligible to receive the back pay for those years they were in?

Just curious...

Bin

Yes. Pay systems will process retro pay for released members.

Has anyone heard any information on this file?

I know money has been set aside, but at what point are they going to pay it out.

Once any increase is approved by Treasury Board, it will be announced, together with the time line for retro to be paid out.  Until TB approves, it is wait out.

Based on how fast admin travels through the gov these days, like SSC, PSWGC and IMProc, I won't be expecting it until around Christmas... 2018. At the earliest.

Best to just forget about it until the message comes out and be pleasantly surprised.

CFCWO was around my part of the world this week...said the pay raise is coming, not much longer. 

Eye In The Sky said:
CFCWO was around my part of the world this week...said the pay raise is coming, not much longer.

Does he have an "in" with PSAC, PIPS, and all the other PS unions?

Back