• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC Officer Sues to Avoid Saluting, Toasting Queen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[/quote]

The attitude and antics of this Officer must be common knowledge to his Mess Mates and other Messes in the Area, so it would be a fair assumption that he must be a pariah among them.

He must do a lot of drinking alone, (maybe he doesn't drink) but I can't see his Brother Officers readily or socially associating with him.

I don't know if or how much the Forces might have changed, but I remember, he'd be lucky to get in the door.   

Of course this is all personal speculation, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one marching to this drummer.

Cheers.

exgunnertdo said:
God is optional, the Queen is not. 

Oh ho ho ho... I LIKE that... can someone translate that into Latin? I think I found my new motto! ;D

MedTech said:
Oh ho ho ho... I LIKE that... can someone translate that into Latin? I think I found my new motto! ;D

either
Deus est optional , Regina est non.

or as I couldnt find a translation for optional I changed it to 'an option' and you get

Deus est an bene , Regina est non.

geo said:
He carries a "Queen's commission"...

Interesting point.  If he doesn't feel he should swear allegiance to the Queen, why does he hold the Queen's Commission?  Perhaps he doesn't recognise it either, and that would make it a simple fact that neither should we and remove all Rank from his person.  He will simply be a Mister and entitled to what little a "Non-Commissioned" person is entitled to.  How that affects his Pay and his Pension is now a matter outside his control..........perhaps a lot less than he had schemed previously.

George Wallace said:
Interesting point.  If he doesn't feel he should swear allegiance to the Queen, why does he hold the Queen's Commission?  Perhaps he doesn't recognise it either, and that would make it a simple fact that neither should we and remove all Rank from his person.  He will simply be a Mister and entitled to what little a "Non-Commissioned" person is entitled to.  How that affects his Pay and his Pension is now a matter outside his control..........perhaps a lot less than he had schemed previously.

Hey wait a minute now Sir --- even us "Non-Commissioned" persons are entitled to respect, and we also swore that oath to The Queen. Ahem, don't confuse him with us, because I'm not quite so sure that he'd fit in with "us" either!!  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Hey wait a minute now Sir --- even us "Non-Commissioned" persons are entitled to respect, and we also swore that oath to The Queen. Ahem, don't confuse him with us, because I'm not quite so sure that he'd fit in with "us" either!!  >:D

Well said Vern...... My sentiments exactly.........

Rodahn said:
Well said Vern...... My sentiments exactly.........

Well, to be fair -- I know he didn't use the term "Non-Commissioned" to refer to us Oath Swearers in the CF, but rather to refer to "Non-Commissioned" types outside of the CF (ergo his simultaneous use of the term "Mister").  ;)

And, I agree with him -- 111%.

George Wallace said:
He will simply be a Mister and entitled to what little a "Non-Commissioned" person is entitled to.  How that affects his Pay and his Pension is now a matter outside his control..........perhaps a lot less than he had schemed previously.

SADLY, he might make MORE money as joe civilian university professor.  :(  http://www.macleans.ca/education/universities/article.jsp?content=20070419_200633_9788

The average salary for a full professor at the University of Toronto is $125,578 while most universities in Ontario pay their professors between $100,000 and $110,000. Smaller universities with less of a research focus pay less, but not dramatically so. For instance, Lakehead University’s average pay for full professors is $101,865.

When comparing similar institutions in different provinces, the one standout is Quebec. The average salary for full professors at the majority of French-language universities in Quebecc is under $100,000. For example, Universite Laval's average is $93,978. The province's two large English-language universities, however, offer pay more in line with other provinces. McGill’s average salary for full professors is $112,084.

Traitorous or disloyal utterances

94. Every person who uses traitorous or disloyal words regarding Her Majesty is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years or to less punishment.
NDA s.94

I hope that every time anyone pays him a compliment, it is accompanied by a hearty "God save the Queen!"

A friend of mine lives next to him.  We're trying to convince him to crank up "God Save the Queen" every night before he goes to bed.

Aden_Gatling said:
NDA s.94

I hope that every time anyone pays him a compliment, it is accompanied by a hearty "God save the Queen!"

I'd argue that he'd have a very valid and founded arguement of "harassment" if one were to push the boundaries of showing respect to The Queen's Commission adorning this gentlemen by accompanying the called-for salute with the non called for words. You would be doing so simply to show your non-respect of his personal beliefs -- you'd effectively turn it into a personal statement intended to imply scorn.

The words aren't necessary, but are implied. Simply uttering it to irritate the man --- is not on, not in my books. Not unless, you also happen to offer the exact same words to each and every individual you salute -- each and every time you do so.

Hmmm.... now there's a plan. Then, at least, you could argue that you show this respect to every person, not just him. You'd effectively turn the statement into a show of respect for The Queens Commission, rather than simply making the statement to him to enforce your disagreement with and non-respect for his personal beliefs.

IMHO, the gentleman in question has exceeded his Warhol-granted fame allotment time by about 38 minutes. Let the good issue die. It is not worth another second of anyone's time.

Yup-points are good
and
worth the time

No point 'Playing the Ostrich" on issue of Queen- her picture now gone from Cdn Post offices/most Cdn currency/etc!

She is going ..going ..
why
-we are now a multi cultural country- why swear allegiance to a foreign monarch.

She is not Canadian old chap!

RMC Officer is right
and has my admiration for taking a stand
BZ
-

Until the constitution which our system of government is based on changes, Guess what she is OUR Queen.

You don't like it and you're a civi well you can blissfully ignore it....But we in the CF work for HER and her Proxy the Governor General. If you are in and you don't like that I suggest you get out .

I don't think anyone is suggesting we swear allegiance to a foreign monarch: the topic at hand is allegiance to the Queen of Canada!

gordjenkins said:
Yup-points are good
and
worth the time

No point 'Playing the Ostrich" on issue of Queen- her picture now gone from Cdn Post offices/most Cdn currency/etc!

She is going ..going ..
why
-we are now a multi cultural country- why swear allegiance to a foreign monarch.

She is not Canadian old chap!

RMC Officer is right
and has my admiration for taking a stand
BZ
-

But, until such time (if ever) as She officially disappears --

She remains my Commander in Chief and the Sovereign Head of this Nation, and I WILL obey that Oath and follow those orders that sayeth I shall respect such. That is the great thing about democracy, and when I choose NOT to respect that oath that I voluntarily took, nor my Commander in Chief -- I shall be OUT living and working in that multi-cultural society where NOT obeying one's Sworn Oath and Duty does not necessarily put my co-workers lives at risk. I can volunteer my release to The Queen. But when you make the choice to take that Oath voluntarily -- it does NOT come with caveats.

God save the Queen.

:cheers:

Next you'll be arguing that he should not be subject to The Queen's Regulations and Orders due to that multi-cultural society in which we live due to his personal beliefs regarding Her Majesty. What a fucking outfit this would be then.  ::)

Looks like someone needs to better research to their history. We as a nation have never abandoned Her Majesty the Queen as our Sovereign, even though we have declared independence, we have never abandoned the Queen... and we're not about to.

God Save The Queen.

He is an officer who accepted a Commission, a Queen's Commission.  When he stopped recognizing her, he should have turned it in with his uniforms.  Yes he has taken a stand and his legs have been kicked out from under him.  :-X

Frostnipped Elf said:
He is an officer who accepted a Commission, a Queen's Commission.  When he stopped recognizing her, he should have turned it in with his uniforms.  Yes he has taken a stand and his legs have been kicked out from under him.   :-X

That's his dilemma though -- he obviously respects her enough to accept her paycheck every month. So he's taken a stand ... but not much of one. If he so hateth Her and is so committed to his cause -- he needs to STOP taking her money and prove it instead of just talking about it.

He needs to put his money where his mouth seems to be.

He's, quite simply, a hypocrite.

ArmyVern said:
That's his dilemma though -- he obviously respects her enough to accept her paycheck every month. So he's taken a stand ... but not much of one. If he so hateth Her and is so committed to his cause -- he needs to STOP taking her money and prove it instead of just talking about it.

He needs to put his money where his mouth seems to be.

He's, quite simply, a hypocrite.

+1 (and a coward!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back