• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMS CLK

Pay attention , dont be a smartass and pay attention to details. 

RMS folks deal with people's files, claims and pay amongst other things and messing it up has serious effects on members.

CDN Aviator said:
Pay attention , dont be a smartass and pay attention to details. 

RMS folks deal with people's files, claims and pay amongst other things and messing it up has serious effects on members.

CDN Aviator is right on.

It's a bit of military lore that there are three people (aside from the RSM) that you NEVER piss off:

1.  The RQ
2.  The Chief Cook
3.  The Chief Clerk

That's because all three of these support people affect troops "Quality of Life"; big time.

As an aspiring representative of one of the three, it behooves you to have an in depth knowledge of your area of responsibility.  A mistake on your part can have a lasting financial or career effect on those you support.  It's easy to think that what you do as an RMS Clk doesn't affect the battle.  It's not so easy to think so when you've screwed up buddie's entitlement to move of F&E, or pooched his pay for six months - and he goes off to battle pissed off at the system.

Pay attention to what you're taught.  Understand that you are NOT the arbiter of "the rules" - you are simply the custodian of them.  Remember that it is your job to support the C of C in their decisions - not to debate those decisions with them.

Later in your career, when you are in a position to make policy decisions - remember that "When in doubt, give the the benefit to the troops".

I don't know how different you will find QL3 from BMQ - it's been a while since I did either - but keep yourself in a military frame of mind, and you won't go wrong.

Good luck to you.

Roy

On a semi-related note, does anyone know how often RMS QL3's are run either for the regs or reserves?

Thanks.

popnfresh said:
On a semi-related note, does anyone know how often RMS QL3's are run either for the regs or reserves?

Thanks.
From intranet site http://armyonline.kingston.mil.ca/LFDTS/D143000440119304.asp
The CFSAL RMS Trg Coy 08/09 full training schedule is not on the website yet.  One English and one French course originally scheduled has been cancelled, thus the line through it.  Until something else becomes available, this is it.

RES RMS CLERK QL3 Land DP1 PRES 6 A 0027 103669 ZAHP Summer -152 9-Jun-08 27-Aug-08
RES RMS CLERK QL3 Land DP1 PRES 6 A 0028 103669 ZAHP Summer -152 9-Jun-08 27-Aug-08
RES RMS CLERK QL3 Land DP1 PRES 6 A 0029 103669 ZAHP Summer -152 9-Jun-08 27-Aug-08
RES RMS CLERK QL3 Land DP1 PRES 6 A LFWA 103669 ZAHP Manual Input Reqr Dates TBC LFWA
RES RMS CLERK QL3 Land DP1 PRES 6 F SQFT 103669 ZAHP Manual Input Reqr Dates TBC SQFT

RES RMS CLERK QL3 NAVRES DP1 PRES 6 A 0224 103669 ZAHP Summer                 9-Jun-08 27-Aug-08

I will be doing my RMS clerk QL3 this summer in Borden. Slightly nervous about it since I am quite used to dealing with all-male courses and mostly field exercises. Let's hope I stay sane without the field! Anyone else going to be there this summer?

hey. I am in week 3 now of my RMS QL3's. It is not a bad course. The work load so fair has been fair. All of our answers are given to us. We just need to know where to find our information and then "pay attention to detail" when filling out the forms. Sitting in the class can be pretty boring but they give us some PT and Drill occasionally to break things up a bit.

You will definatly enjoy your time at CFSAL. The school is pretty strict, but you get used to it. By the looks of things I think I will enjoy this trade very much. Theres no place you can't go, no element you can't work in when you area clerk. It seems that the possiblities are endless. Enjoy course when you get there. I hope your time in PREtC is short

Looks like eady is reservist so she won't be going to PRETC, she would be going directly to CFSAL was soon as a course is avail.

I suppose I should have mentioned that. Yes I am a reservist for now while I'm still in school. I am looking forward to the course though!  :D

:rofl:

I know who you are ;)

Welcome to the site.

:cheers:

Good luck on your QL3 or what ever the flavour of the day might be

Kind of obvious when you see the name!

and thanks! Finally be able to answer questions in the OR after QL3!

BTW you do know you might do the course in Aldershot too, talk to the Trg WO ;)

WO told me 9 Jun in Borden. I'd rather stick with that from what I've heard!

Hi eady.  I just came back from the same course this summer.  If little has changed, heres what you can expect.

Unlike Basic and SQ, it's largely academic.  Physically - It's at most, three PT sessions a week including a friday morning run.  Somehow it's the morning after when the whole base's Juniors go to drink and party the night before (I speak from experience that doing a 5K run after staying up far too late and having too many - not good).

You will not be hounded nonstop like basic and SQ, they'll often assume you are a mature adult and can keep out of trouble. But, if you do, sucks to be you, you get charged. Worse yet, you'll have to answer to the RMS Coy CSM and then, it REALLY sucks to be you.

Master the art of cleaning your room, and ironing your DEUs, and all that inspections rubbish, because it's coming back to haunt you.

Do not talk out of turn, pay respects to your instructors and listen up.  No matter if youve been working as a no-hook on class B beforehand - they don't wanna hear "Oh well I've done it this way" when you're essentially relearning something. That pisses your staff off quick, so don't do it. When at CFSAL you do it the CFSAL way, period.

Take notes because it's a lot of info at once.

Have fun. You get plenty of downtime and there's a handful of things to do in the area. Best wishes.

Back