• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I've read the whole thread last night, it's amazing how this helped me to prepare my interview which is tomorow morning.
I'm 17 and passed both CFAT and medical. I listed in as aerospace engineer.

To the best of my understanding, they have done away with the occupational groupings and are offering specific occupations. I enrolled last summer and the group I was with were assigned occupational groupings, but just before Christmas everyone had received their specific occupations.

As for recommending you a specific occupation, that has no bearing on what will actually be offered. It is most likely a nudge based on how the recruiter feels you stack up and the occupational needs of the CF at this time.

As I am only a new Officer Cadet, this is all based off my current understanding and as I am not privy to the big picture, take my words as only my understanding.

- Heff

Hi guys, I'm also new to this post and I have also applied to RMC this year and am trying to be a Pilot. I was just wondering though if applying for Pilot decreases your chances of getting into RMC because of the amount of people trying to get into the program. Would it be more worthwhile for me to go for a different trade?

Hi guys, I'm also new to this post and I have also applied to RMC this year and am trying to be a Pilot. I was just wondering though if applying for Pilot decreases your chances of getting into RMC because of the amount of people trying to get into the program. Would it be more worthwhile for me to go for a different trade?

I applied for pilot as second choice and realized on this forum that there is in fact a lot of people trying to join for this particular enlistment... I would also guess that it depends on the year you're going in (Straight from the beginning, or joining while in university). There are many other factors that may decrease your chances of getting in, not only the fact that you asked for pilot.

These are my thoughts and i might be wrong

I remember back in January 2009 I completed my first ROTP application with Pilot-only but after the final interview I was told that my chance of getting in is slim to none, however; it's up to my decision whether or not to continue on with the current trade selection. I continued without a second thought and then bam! there was the bad news.

Then I completed my second ROTP application in October 2009, again, with Pilot-only but unfortunately I failed the ACS in December. So I decided to continue with 3 other trades(AF ENG - LOG - ARTY). The Lieutenant that interviewed me said that things are looking good for me as an ARTY O but like any applicants, nothing is guaranteed.

Now Pilot, from what I have heard pretty much the whole time, is one of the most desired trade in the Canadian Forces and therefore; it is always competitive. Also, I was told that the competition is steeper for ROTP Pilot this year.

By the way, I'm surprised to hear that some people are already hearing the no-good news because the selection has not even started.

Anyways, good luck.

It appears the people who have got the no-go calls did not make the cut off for attending aircrew selection, and thus will not be part of the selection boards. Someone in my class received such a call and was advised that competition is especially competitive this year, and to reapply next year with a built up portfolio.

I also have a friend who received his call for aircrew today, and he was told he had to complete the course by March 1st. It sounds like they've changed the process to see whether you pass aircrew before hitting the selection boards. I had my offer for pilot last year before I had even confirmed my aircrew dates.

But, as I have also learned, don't give up and keep working at it. I met people last summer who received offers in August. The others are reapplying this year after taking the time to build on their portfolio.

Best of luck,
- Heff

Hey guys, I just want to confirm the following.

1. There was no early selection boards this year
2. The 1st boards are mid feb?

Dou You, I was in similar straits, except the officer at my CFRC didn't let the Forces call me to tell me that I hadn't made pilot, he just told me that, with my kind of grades in Mathematics and Physics, getting into Pilot was highly unlikely. There are so many possible trades in the CF that you shouldn't give up if you just don't get your first choice. I switched my first choice to Infantry Officer and, according to the recruiter at least, all I have to do is wait for the paperwork to get pushed through.

Like everyone else has said already: Don't give up, there's something in the CF for you. It may not be pilot, but there is something.

1. There was no early selection boards this year
2. The 1st boards are mid feb?

The first board will be by the beginning of February, everyone who'd already been to their interview before that will get some news by mid February. This is what my interviewer told me today.

By the way, the interview is not hard at all, just be yourself and relax.

Hamegreg said:
The first board will be by the beginning of February, everyone who'd already been to their interview before that will get some news by mid February. This is what my interviewer told me today.

By the way, the interview is not hard at all, just be yourself and relax.

Was your interview the whole 2.5 hours shebang? Or did it take 15 mins?

Was your interview the whole 2.5 hours shebang? Or did it take 15 mins?

My interview lasted around 1h and a half.. with all the last minute forms (racism and drugs ones)

Good to hear.

Last time I asked about the selection board, I was told that it was moved to mid-March but I guess early Feb is good!

I was just told by my file manager that they didnt have an early board in Dec 09.  The Board will be held mid March. more waiting

I was just told by my file manager that they didnt have an early board in Dec 09.  The Board will be held mid March. more waiting

Are you sure about this ? Cause my interviewer said i would get news by mid-February .....

At my interview today I was told the selection boards are 10 March.  I hope thats correct.

Brandon177 said:
Is anyone else heading up to Trenton for ACS this weekend?

I should be, but my interview was cancelled and rescheduled twice :(  (hapenning next week)

Hopefully I can at least get MARS

Good luck on the rest of your application :). Is there any word of how many are being selected for ACS this year?

It's been a whole week and my air factor's still not in yet, is it normal to take this long?!

Air factor results from Downsview? I think mine were close to a month or more.

My friend is heading to ASC this weekend, and I overhead a kid at the airport talking about going this week. Sounds like a full course.

Back