• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

Im sure it's advisable to sleep before the CFAT...but no. Can't sleep. Gwar

Anyone else going to CFRC Toronto to write it tommorow morning?

Arcany said:
"Hi, would you still like to be a Pilot for the CF?"
"YESS!!!"
"Alright, thank you, NEXT!"

Haha...if only eh?
That would definitely be nice haha but I can only wish.

Also for Arcany, SocialyDistorted, and anyone else who has their medical and CFAT tomorrow or in the near future just concentrate on one thing at a time. The medical is nothing major at all, well mine wasn't, so don't worry about it. It involves just basic tests on your body that for the most part you have no control over. So put all your energy into the CFAT and just concentrate. If you do that you'll be fine. One thing to remember though, don't get too rattled over one question, especially early...if you're too rattled that you think you got one question wrong you won't put your full concentration into the question that comes up next and it just turns into a big snowball effect for the rest of the test. Just take it one question at a time, forget about past questions or what future questions will be like, and answer the one in front of your face to the best of your ability. That's all they ask...and I'm sure if you do that you'll do fine. Just my two cents though haha. Good luck!

Arcany said:
I am so nervous right now, I don't think I've been more nervous for anything else. I have the medical and CFAT tomorrow and it's such a make or break type of thing y'know? I know that I'll be more worried about the ACS and interview though... I wonder what your updated interview will be like,
"Hi, would you still like to be a Pilot for the CF?"
"YESS!!!"
"Alright, thank you, NEXT!"

Haha...if only eh?

Hey you're going to the CFRC in New West right? How many days did it take for them to let you know when you're doing your CFTA and Medical, after you put your paperowrk in?

I'm going to my CFAT and interview next Wednesday. Not too nervous about that.

What I am nervous about is my Math A30 (first half of Grade 12 Math, for you non-Saskatchewan types) mark. My teacher showed me it today: 60%  :( . I'll have to do pretty damn good on the final to get that up to something acceptable by RMC. Wish me luck guys!

Hey Everyone :)

I just found out some information that would be useful to many people, unless you've already heard it (which is definitely possible). Still, I'll share it anyways, for those people who haven't heard it. And please feel free to correct me if you've heard differently. Anyways, RMC has decided to not have an early selection board this year; the earliest one is the main sitting which is supposedly being held Feb. 15. More waiting!!! :(

Bowen said:
Hey you're going to the CFRC in New West right? How many days did it take for them to let you know when you're doing your CFTA and Medical, after you put your paperowrk in?

I handed my paper work in a few days before winter break started, so that would be somewhere around December 20th. It took them a while to reply since there was the whole winter break scenario, and I got a call back last week on Tuesday. I did the CFAT and medical today, and everything went pretty well. G'luck!

VBanks said:

I just found out some information that would be useful to many people, unless you've already heard it (which is definitely possible). Still, I'll share it anyways, for those people who haven't heard it. And please feel free to correct me if you've heard differently. Anyways, RMC has decided to not have an early selection board this year; the earliest one is the main sitting which is supposedly being held Feb. 15. More waiting!!! :(

Thats good!! I need a minimum for 3 weeks to get my thing done, and i really want to get in for that early selectio board

VBanks said:

ya i was told the same thing after my interview on Monday so it sounds like mid Feb is the first and main selection board.

Strange, I was told that the Selection was postponed (Again) to March.

Anybody else heard this?

If the selection board is postponed until February when do they start calling the applicants?

gwones said:
Strange, I was told that the Selection was postponed (Again) to March.

Anybody else heard this?

I was told yesterday that it was early to mid February.

Hey guys,

So yesterday I applied to (5) civilian universities as well, U of T, U of Guelph, Ryerson, Carleton, and Brock U. Then I ran into a question which I couldn't find the answer from searching this forum.

My first choice of institution is RMC and I have not yet chosen the rest of the two institutions(out of the five I applied). I was wondering, if I get selected to go Civvy University instead of the RMC, do I have the choice as to which University I will be attending?

For example, assuming that my choices are as follows;

1) RMC
2) Ryerson
3) Carleton

Let's say the selection board offered an admission only to Ryerson BUT I was not admitted from the University, can I request to go different University, for example, Guelph or Brock(assuming I am accepted from these two Universities)?

I understand that to qualify for Civvy U ROTP, I need to be accepted from both sides but since I only can list 2 universities out of 5 on my application, I was having a bit of trouble deciding which.

Thanks in advance for your help guys,

Good Luck!

After flipping through 30 or so pages of last year's ROTP post, seems like there was the answer. Apparently they allow you to change which Civvy University to go.

Just as a reference for anyone else that questioned same thing;

http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/threads/79084.555

So I went today to add a reference letter to my application, they were talking to some guy about how his chances are pretty low, because last year the lowest % average that got in was 84%.(From BC.)
Now...I'm pretty freakin worried after hearing that! My average is no where near that! I dedicated most of my time to extra-curricular events(and I messed up harsh in Grade 10.) Any one have any reassurance? lol

Bowen said:
So I went today to add a reference letter to my application, they were talking to some guy about how his chances are pretty low, because last year the lowest % average that got in was 84%.(From BC.)
Now...I'm pretty freakin worried after hearing that! My average is no where near that! I dedicated most of my time to extra-curricular events(and I messed up harsh in Grade 10.) Any one have any reassurance? lol

I have no reassurance for you as I am applying for this year as well, and I'm also in BC. Not to mention...my average is at 76%, your post just scared the crap out of me. I feel sick and more worried than ever.

I can make up some things to make us feel better like: Maybe everyone will have averages like ours, competition won't be so stiff and we'd get in. Or maybe the recruiter came up with a random number - 84% just to motivate that guy to do better in school.

We just have to do well in our current semesters and hope for the best...  :crybaby:

Handed my paper work in mid October and got the call last week to come in for apt. test, Interview AND Medical next Tuesday.  It's going to be a long, exciting day!  I'm brushing up on my math and looking over some vocab and grammar.  The only tricky stuff for me is the math, but surprisingly it's coming back to me (It's only been 20 years since I've done any school math lol) 

Wish me luck!  :salute:

TFLY said:
Handed my paper work in mid October and got the call last week to come in for apt. test, Interview AND Medical next Tuesday.  It's going to be a long, exciting day!  I'm brushing up on my math and looking over some vocab and grammar.  The only tricky stuff for me is the math, but surprisingly it's coming back to me (It's only been 20 years since I've done any school math lol) 

Wish me luck!  :salute:

Just like others would tell you, try to relax and don't take too much time on one question! There is a preparation exam for the aptitude test so make sure to have a look if you haven't done so.

Good luck! and keep us updated :D

I thought that the CFAT wasn't so bad, it was pretty easy. The biggest problem I had with it was the vocabulary area. There were so many words I have never seen before, so if there is some way to make your vocabulary more powerful, I would definitely take it. Best of luck!

Arcany said:
I thought that the CFAT wasn't so bad, it was pretty easy. The biggest problem I had with it was the vocabulary area. There were so many words I have never seen before, so if there is some way to make your vocabulary more powerful, I would definitely take it. Best of luck!
One thing I found useful in the vocabulary section was word origin.  I like to think that I am relatively well read and I also do crossword puzzles (New York Times Sunday puzzles).  If you can break the word down, sometimes it's easier to determine the meaning.

Back