• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

Smackimus said:
Huzzah! It's great to hear that things finally worked out just fine for you in the end...

Welcome aboard HMCS Waiting-for-the-call! :D

By the way, does anyone know whether RETP candidates are selected at the same time as ROTP candidates, or some time after?

someone should make a new topic in the forum called HMCS waiting-for-the-call
its creative
i like it
:)

I'm in the freaking out boat right now too! I'm supposed to be at aircrew selection on Monday and they 're Purolating the plane tickets, medical stuff and the claims forms to me. It's supposed to be getting here today, but it's an our past when the Purolator truck usually arrives, so I think I'm going to call them now.
I know you'll think I'm going into the wrong line of work when I say this, but I hate not knowing what's going on and not being able to do anything about it! 

About the Aircrew selection, i've been to the CFRC this weak and began talking with a corporal there, we talked about the aircrew selection. He told me somethings about it i didn't know and that i think you would all like to know. If you go there you have to know a bit how planes works (mostly instrument panel), cause the simulator is where the major part of the "to become" pilots fails... You could also get yourself a copy of Flight simulator or something just like it to get to know the way a plane is meant to be driven. Good luck to you !

Brandon177 said:
I just rejected acceptance to RMC does this hurt my chances for being selected for Civ ROTP.

When did you recieve your offer?  In the 2009-2010 ROTP thread I read about a few people that turned down RMC to attend Civy U.  They didn't seem to have any problems so I don't know. 

I received the acceptance on Thursday to RMC. They however were only basing that on the application letter and nothing else like interview, medical or CFAT because the selection process hasn't started yet.

Brandon177 said:
I received the acceptance on Thursday to RMC. They however were only basing that on the application letter and nothing else like interview, medical or CFAT because the selection process hasn't started yet.

I think you're talking about the initial application screening where you were found 'suitable' for your desired program.

say has anyone gotten an email from the cf with a url that tells u to click it to apply for security clearance??? I'll copy and paste the email if anyone has trouble understanding me later.... I tried clicking on the link but it seems as if the server is always offline....

terminator50 said:
say has anyone gotten an email from the cf with a url that tells u to click it to apply for security clearance??? I'll copy and paste the email if anyone has trouble understanding me later.... I tried clicking on the link but it seems as if the server is always offline....

As this is a thread on people joining the CF to become officers, and as it is also one of the site guidelines to show some professionalism in one's communications skills (ie. spelling, grammar, CAPITALIZATION, sentence structure, etc.); one would expect someone who has aspirations of becoming an officer to at the very least attempt to start improving their written communication skills on application to join the CF.

As for your email, perhaps you should try that link on a DWAN computer, and not one on the internet at home. 

You may also try going to the Treasury Board of Canada site and printing off the TBS/SCT 330-60E form, and then find the TBS/SCT 330-23e.  These should have been in the package that your received from the CFRC so that you can research and fill them in prior to returning them to the CFRC.  At the CFRC, they will be able to verify that you have filled them in properly.  Then they may submit them electronically (on the intranet),.  They WILL have you sign the hardcopies that must be submitted. 

There are also many topics on this site that cover this question.

gwones said:
I think you're talking about the initial application screening where you were found 'suitable' for your desired program.

That's what I'm thinking too.  It just doesn't sound right that one person would be accepted based only on their application questionaire.  But if it's true congrats, if a misunderstanding good luck.

Hamegreg said:
About the Aircrew selection, i've been to the CFRC this weak and began talking with a corporal there, we talked about the aircrew selection. He told me somethings about it i didn't know and that i think you would all like to know. If you go there you have to know a bit how planes works (mostly instrument panel), cause the simulator is where the major part of the "to become" pilots fails... You could also get yourself a copy of Flight simulator or something just like it to get to know the way a plane is meant to be driven. Good luck to you !

Hamegreg said:
About the Aircrew selection, I've been to the CFRC this week and began talking with a Corporal there.  We talked about the aircrew selection. He told me somethings about it I didn't know and that I think you would all like to know. If you go there you have to know a bit how planes works (mostly instrument panel), because the simulator is where the major part of the "to become" pilots fails... You could also get yourself a copy of Flight simulator or something just like it to get to know the way how a plane is meant to be driven flown. Good luck to you !

macknightcr said:
That's what I'm thinking too.  It just doesn't sound right that one person would be accepted based only on their application questionaire.  But if it's true congrats, if a misunderstanding good luck.

The "I rejected" part confused me as well ;D but we'll find out.

They did say I was accepted at RMC I do not know if that was a mistake on their part but that is what I was told. Also, I am in my first year of university currently so I don't know if that would have anything to do with why I was told that.

Brandon177 said:
They did say I was accepted at RMC I do not know if that was a mistake on their part but that is what I was told. Also, I am in my first year of university currently so I don't know if that would have anything to do with why I was told that.

I see. In that case, congratulations! Many of us here are waiting for the call as well.

Best of luck :D

George Wallace said:
As this is a thread on people joining the CF to become officers, and as it is also one of the site guidelines to show some professionalism in one's communications skills (ie. spelling, grammar, CAPITALIZATION, sentence structure, etc.); one would expect someone who has aspirations of becoming an officer to at the very least attempt to start improving their written communication skills on application to join the CF.

As for your email, perhaps you should try that link on a DWAN computer, and not one on the internet at home. 

You may also try going to the Treasury Board of Canada site and printing off the TBS/SCT 330-60E form, and then find the TBS/SCT 330-23e.  These should have been in the package that your received from the CFRC so that you can research and fill them in prior to returning them to the CFRC.  At the CFRC, they will be able to verify that you have filled them in properly.  Then they may submit them electronically (on the intranet),.  They WILL have you sign the hardcopies that must be submitted. 

There are also many topics on this site that cover this question.

What is a DWAN computer??? As well those two forms have been filled out and completed when I was filling out my application

I've filled those out as well but i got no email. Maybe your file is not 100% upgraded.

"This email has been generated from the webSCPS on behalf of your unit security officer *********************.  Please click on the underlined link below to proceed in filling out your request for a security clearance.
Your login and password are the same as before.  If you have forgotten your password, kindly request for your unit security supervisor to regenerate it.
PLEASE NOTE:  YOUR PASSWORD IS CASE SENSITIVE."

Thats basically the email I got. If this is regarding my security background check, then I am confused. During my interview my interviewer and I actually talked to the ROTP clerk and made sure that I didn't need an "email" regarding my background check as I have lived in Canada for over ten years straight. So this is abit confusing. We had to go to the ROTP clerk as apparently there was some confusion with another applicant of a similar name that required such an email regarding his background.

You may want to contact your CFRC about this. The web Security Clearance Processing System is only accessible via the Defence Wide Area Network (our intranet). The fact that you're being sent an e-mail from the system if you're not currently in the CF (And in possession of a DWAN account / @forces.gc.ca e-mail account) indicates to me that some type of error has occurred in your application.

I was looking at the 2009-2010 ROTP Board of this site and noticed that this week last year was when the initial offers were extended.  Has anyone heard anything?

gcclarke said:
You may want to contact your CFRC about this. The web Security Clearance Processing System is only accessible via the Defence Wide Area Network (our intranet). The fact that you're being sent an e-mail from the system if you're not currently in the CF (And in possession of a DWAN account / @forces.gc.ca e-mail account) indicates to me that some type of error has occurred in your application.

Thats already been done =). Say when the CFRCs send our files to RMC, do they send the entire file (transcripts,applications and all) or do they send just the interviewer's report?

macknightcr said:
I was looking at the 2009-2010 ROTP Board of this site and noticed that this week last year was when the initial offers were extended.  Has anyone heard anything?

I'd be very excited to hear about the offers too, however; things are a little different for this year as the selection board was postponed a couple of times. I believe it was February for last year and that is why people were getting the phone calls during this time but the selection board sits in March for this year so I'm expecting, if selected early, to hear from the CFRC at the end of this month, or even later.

Too bad the civilian universities(Although my first choice is RMC) sent me offers with a 'deadline' so I have to somehow decide by March 15th with a yes or no :(

Back