• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

There is a facebook page for the ROTP 2010-2011 group. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116614281686364

anenggcam said:
Hey I just got into ROTP for the 2010/11 school year. I will be going to Carleton for Engineering. It would be nice to meet you guys in Augest at IAP or in sept in Ottawa.

Right On, I finished my first year at Carleton for Public Affairs and Policy Management (PAPM). A Carleton ROTP beer will be in order.

I called CFRC Toronto today, and they said to be patient. i too have not received a letter. I only have a phone call from march break that says that i got through.

Thanks for the update.
This wait is killing me almost as much as waiting to hear about our acceptance.

I'm very annoyed right now. I've recently called the Saskatoon CFRC twice, and both times my file manager was away, so it was other people filling in for her job, and they both told me different things! I was asking about the openings in Infantry Officer that I had heard about, and one told me that I was just plain rejected as unsuitable to be an Infantry Officer, and the other told me that I was rejected at the time because there were no openings for Infantry Officers.

Ugh, I'm beginning to think that I passed the qualifications to be an officer, but I didn't pass the qualifications for any of the officer trades.

To be honest being annoyed and advertising it here probably won't do your file much good. Be patient and whether or not you get in it doesn't sound like they'd even have dates or anything if you did get in being as the rest of us still are waiting for letters and phone calls with dates. That being said, the core of their message was there and I am sure they likely have the same information your normal File Manager had.

My experience has be very different than many of you guys. On May 4 I got a phone call from my file manager and was told that I was in. Then on Monday he called me to find out where I was gong to go to school. I'm still waiting on anything else. I was told that IAP will "most likely" start on July 31, and that's all i got. Now i am just waiting for more info.

anenggcam said:
My experience has be very different than many of you guys. On May 4 I got a phone call from my file manager and was told that I was in. Then on Monday he called me to find out where I was gong to go to school. I'm still waiting on anything else. I was told that IAP will "most likely" start on July 31, and that's all i got. Now i am just waiting for more info.

Actually of the people who got in...thats very similar to the rest of us :p

Rogo, you're right of course, ranting doesn't do any good. I'm very frustrated right now, because of a lot of things, and CFRC's misinformation and misdirection isn't helping matters.

anenggcam said:
I was told that IAP will "most likely" start on July 31, and that's all i got.

Ok, IAP doesn't exist anymore. Hasn't for a couple of years now. What everybody will be doing in August is called Recruit Camp. It's two or three weeks depending on if your Civi U or RMC/CMR. During Recruit Camp you learn the basics of everything (ranks, drill, general military knowledge etc). For those who are at RMC (yes this excludes CMR), you will then proceed with the Arch parade and all the reunion weekend activities. This signals the start the approximately month long FYOP. Once you have completed your first year, you then do BMOQ (basic training) which is either 11 weeks for RMC/CMR cadets or 15 weeks for the Civi U's.

Dates:

Recruit Camp Arrival at RMC: 14 Aug
*FYOP Begins at RMC: 5 Sept
Classes Begin at RMC: 7 Sept

*Recruit Camp Arrival for Civi U at CMR: 8 Aug
*Recruit Camp Arrival for CMR: was a week before the civi u's last year but can't I find official dates for this year
*Classes Begin at CMR: 23 Aug

*These dates are subject to change so don't plan anything until you have official documentation

Regular Officer-Cadets of RMC Saint-Jean
August 1, 2010  Arrival  Before 1600 hrs 
August 1 to September 3, 2010  Orientation training   
August 23, 2010  Start of academic classes   
September 3, 2010  Obstacles Course 

Officer-Cadets from Civilian Universities
August 8, 2010  Arrival  Before 1600 hrs 
August 8 to 22, 2010  Orientation training   
August 22, 2010  Departure 

Pulled right off the CMR website.

Yoman and macknightcr,

Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry but what is Arch stand for in Arch Parade?

It's the Physical Arch that you walk under twice at your stay at RMC once at the beginning of FYOP when you enter the college and once upon graduation

Okay, thanks for the heads up.  Arch parade made me think of like something a Chiropractor would do lol so glad I asked

Rogo said:
Okay, thanks for the heads up.  Arch parade made me think of like something a Chiropractor would do lol so glad I asked

Hehe, that would be good stuff.

For those of you going to CMR, don't worry, you'll do the Arch Parade with the first years when you arrive at RMC so you won't miss out on this tradition.

That is something I was curious about.  I heard that we would do it, but I wasn't sure when. 

By the way, for future cadets still waiting for some sort of acceptance package or something in the mail, my local CFRC called me this morning and told me that they will NOT be sending stuff out in the mail, instead all the info we'll need can be found here:

http://www.rmc.ca/ji-ir/ji-ir-eng.asp#rc-cr

Smackimus said:
By the way, for future cadets still waiting for some sort of acceptance package or something in the mail, my local CFRC called me this morning and told me that they will NOT be sending stuff out in the mail, instead all the info we'll need can be found here:

http://www.rmc.ca/ji-ir/ji-ir-eng.asp#rc-cr

I don't know which recruiting center you're from but they should be sending you a package. There are lots of information not included in the joining instructions online. As well, the package they mail to you will have an "Official Acceptance" that can be used for your graduating ceremony (if you are graduating this year). My councilor in my high school requested my "Acceptance" so it can be put in the grad ceremony during the scholarship presentations. As well, my recruiting center (Winnipeg) are sending an officer to my grad ceremony to give a presentation (I'm guessing for promotional purposes hehe).

fanman said:
I don't know which recruiting center you're from but they should be sending you a package. There are lots of information not included in the joining instructions online. As well, the package they mail to you will have an "Official Acceptance" that can be used for your graduating ceremony (if you are graduating this year). My councilor in my high school requested my "Acceptance" so it can be put in the grad ceremony during the scholarship presentations. As well, my recruiting center (Winnipeg) are sending an officer to my grad ceremony to give a presentation (I'm guessing for promotional purposes hehe).

That's strange, I guess each individual CFRC have their own ways of doing things. I've already been booked to sign more papers on June 29th and to have my official enrollment ceremony aboard the HMCS Vancouver on July 1st, and I'm guessing I'll be hooked up with more info then. I'm working out of CFRC New Westminster, BC.

And just out of curiosity, what was included in your package that wasn't available online??

Thanks in advance.

Back