• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

I'm going through Kitchener. Which is under Hamilton. And all I have done is tell them where I am going for school (Carleton), and they told me that my enrollment date it July 31. And that's all I got.
Is there supposed to be a swearing in?

So? If that's the date they chose then that is when it is. Your Enrollment is your swearing in. They are one and the same.

Doesn't the CF close for the weekend?  ;)

Anenggcam:

You should call and verify, but I know the CFRC in Toronto said there were a high number of people that were being enrolled for ROTP and they had considered having the enrollment process go over two weekdays. Maybe your RC is backed up and needs to do it on the weekend.

They told me 17th of July at HMCS Star in Hamilton, which is also a saturday so i don't think its because they're backed up I think its so that family and such can attend. 

Ya mine's tentatively scheduled for July 24th which also is a Saturday. I'm definitely thinking that it is supposed to be on a weekend so that family (who may be working through the week) can attend, much like Bigm said.

That's interesting, mine's on Wednesday (July 14th). Has anyone received any information yet regarding the enrollment ceremony besides the date?

2010newbie said:
That's interesting, mine's on Wednesday (July 14th). Has anyone received any information yet regarding the enrollment ceremony besides the date?

2010 Newbie    guess they don't want your family there.  haha kidding  That is bizarre though that everyones date seems to be Sat except yours.  Still waiting to hear from Det Kitchener.

Inky said:
Has anybody gotten news from CFRC Montreal.

Im also from Montreal and have heard nothing from them yet. I will definitely call them this week
to find out what is happening.

Rogo said:
2010 Newbie    guess they don't want your family there.  haha kidding  That is bizarre though that everyones date seems to be Sat except yours.  Still waiting to hear from Det Kitchener.

Maybe they think I'm too old to have family?!?!??! Either way, I'm sure I'll figure it out........ ;)

They don't even have my trade selected yet. I think I'm going to have to wait a year before I join the rest of you fine gentlemen and ladies.

I haven't heard a word since my acceptance phone call. I think I'll be calling my CFRC this week.

Since it sounds like everyone is going to call their respective CFRCs this coming week, we should organize it so that we all do it within like 30 minutes of each other just to be a pain. jk  For those of you who have received dates...did you learn them by phone, email, or snailmail?

Does anyone know what Recruit camp is? like where is it? Do we do the express test? Were uniforms? Like what is it because if you are going to Civi university you still have to do the full 15 week Basic officer. I am very confused, i have learned more on this form than i have from my CFRC.

anenggcam said:
Does anyone know what Recruit camp is? like where is it? Do we do the express test? Were uniforms? Like what is it because if you are going to Civi university you still have to do the full 15 week Basic officer. I am very confused, i have learned more on this form than i have from my CFRC.

I have been doing lots of searching this past week. I too have learned more from this forum and the internet than my recruiting center.
Here is where I found most of my information: http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/deo-ocd/ir-ji/irc-jic-eng.asp

This is what recruit camp is
Orientation Program – two weeks. The aim of this program is to provide you with the basic knowledge needed to progress efficiently as a member of the Canadian Forces and to comply with the regulations, laws, customs and orders governing them. This program is part of the basic training course for officer cadets attending a civilian university. You will not be allowed to have any visitors or to leave RMC Saint-Jean grounds during those two weeks of training. The following is a list of some topics covered during the Orientation Program:

1. military environment;
  2. administration;
  3. military regulations;
  4. military knowledge;
  5. basic drill; and
  6. physical training and recreation.

Do we do the express test? I believe so. I you read the physical fitness section of the joining instructions it says to be ready for the Express test standards. If you would look at RMC recruits instead of civi types, they would be required to meet the RMC St-Jean PPT standards (source http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/deo-ocd/ir-ji/ir-ji-eng.asp#AnnexeAAppendice1)

Do we wear uniforms? Yes we will wear uniforms. Under Dress and equipment  it states:
RMC Saint-Jean will issue you military uniforms upon your arrival. You will receive two combat uniforms, one pair of bug boots, one beret, t-shirts, socks, one rain jacket/pants, one belt and one 1 liter water canteen. Since you will be leaving with this equipment, you are encouraged to arrive with only one suitcase to avoid excess baggage. To help you prepare, you will find at Annex D a list of essential and optional items.

As for the 15 week camp, yes we will have to do that. Next summer we will be doing BMOQ. This is the basic officer course ( similar in nature to NMC basic just with more leadership incorporated into the classes). It is 15 weeks long compared to 11 weeks for those attending RMC. Don't ask me why. I have yet to find that information from the net yet :)

Hope this information is helpful.

My brother is at BMOQ now, he's at Civvie University, it is 15 weeks.....1st May to 13th Aug
The 2 weeks before you attend University is a mini boot camp in Kingston and one week before that at your local ULA local for your University......So my brother did one week London Ontario then two weeks at RMC before University

Back