• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

Thanks guys, my package still appears to not of found my mailbox yet....I could call the CFRC but I figure they're busy.

Bigm said:
Got my package today, report to ASU London to meet the Liason Officer, Aug 9-13th, then off to RMC Kingston for the 14th-28th of August. Leave for home on the 29th as I am in Civi U.  I am out of CFRC Hamilton so i'm assuming that the majority of people from west of there is going to be on the same schedule. Hope this helps with planning and what not.

I'll see you in London on the 10th Bigm! That's when I report to ASU London.

Dou You said:
I received some information through email today that I thought I'd share. I was sent info stating that all Civi U candidates selected from Western Canada and Ontario will be arriving at RMC Kingston on August 14th for their Recruit Camp. It's not a lot of information but it's nice to finally have some info.

This info could have been found on the RMC website a couple weeks ago. It's in the online joining instructions. Just saying, and not trying to sound like a douche. Anyways, best of luck at Civi U, I'll be seeing you at Kingston for Recruit Camp :)

fanman said:
This info could have been found on the RMC website a couple weeks ago. It's in the online joining instructions. Just saying, and not trying to sound like a douche. Anyways, best of luck at Civi U, I'll be seeing you at Kingston for Recruit Camp :)

Both RMC Kingston's and CMR St. Jean's joining instructions' included Civilian University Joining Instructions sections, however neither of these instructions included where exactly I, as a Civi U student, would be attending the Recruit Camp. It could have been Kingston or St. Jean, and up until yesterday my CFRC didn't know either. However now I know that myself and all other Western Canada and Ontario CIVI U OCdts will be attending Kingston for Recruit Camp, while I assume that CIVI U OCdts from Quebec and Eastern Canada will be attending St. Jean for it...? Maybe someone else could confirm that...

I didn't sense one bit of "douchiness" haha, but I was just posting it so that other Civi U candidates who didn't know where their Recruit Camp would be, would now know where they were headed to. But if I missed where it said specifically the institution that each Civi U candidate would be attending for Recruit Camp, I apologize in advance as I must have read over it...rendering my post that I thought would be "informative" pretty much useless.  ;D Good luck to you as well at RMC fanman and I'll see you (and possibly not even know it's you) in August!

Looking at the last few posts its seems likely that since im from Quebec that I will be headed to St-Jean.
I noticed that for St-Jean the recruit camp starts a week earlier than that of Kingston. That is probably due
to the fact that in Quebec our universities start earlier.
I am guessing that all civilian university types (me included) must meet the liaison officer.
As I have not received any information package yet could someone enlighten me as to what we will be doing
during the week with the liaison officer (if that information was included in the instructions).

Thanks

Dou You said:
Both RMC Kingston's and CMR St. Jean's joining instructions' included Civilian University Joining Instructions sections, however neither of these instructions included where exactly I, as a Civi U student, would be attending the Recruit Camp. It could have been Kingston or St. Jean, and up until yesterday my CFRC didn't know either. However now I know that myself and all other Western Canada and Ontario CIVI U OCdts will be attending Kingston for Recruit Camp, while I assume that CIVI U OCdts from Quebec and Eastern Canada will be attending St. Jean for it...? Maybe someone else could confirm that...

I didn't sense one bit of "douchiness" haha, but I was just posting it so that other Civi U candidates who didn't know where their Recruit Camp would be, would now know where they were headed to. But if I missed where it said specifically the institution that each Civi U candidate would be attending for Recruit Camp, I apologize in advance as I must have read over it...rendering my post that I thought would be "informative" pretty much useless.  ;D Good luck to you as well at RMC fanman and I'll see you (and possibly not even know it's you) in August!

Ah good that you didn't detect any douchiness as none was intended. lol As for where you are going, you SHOULD be getting your package in the mail relatively soon. They should have been sent mid-May but this year they have been pretty slow. All bthe best and I'm sure I'll be seeing you ;D

The package only says that the meeting with the Liason Officer is going to be "the beginning of a long journey in the CF" etc, etc. Nothing really useful and to be honest the way it reads, it is not even clear that the entire period of time is spent there.  For example, it says 9-13 August, meet the liason officer, 14th of August arrival at RMC.  Does the meeting last 4 days? It does not specify anything about bringing package or accommodations and such while you are there so I am wondering if it is only a meeting that must be done within that time period?  Especially considering that if I spend the day before I am supposed to be at RMC at the ASU with the liason officer than they would most probably have specified travel method from ASU to RMC would they not? Anyone have facts/opinion on this??? Thanks

Last yr my brother went for a week to his Liaison Officer all the students going to Civvie Universities in London Ontario and surrounding areas . He had to cancel a trip to Europe it is definitely mandatory , he was there the whole week lots of paperwork & marching etc. He was then flown to Kingston for his mini boot camp for 2 weeks , then back to BC ( RMC students stay) before going back out to London Ontario for University,it was very confusing so thats why I am answering for him, he's at St Jean now doing BMOQ till mid August.

Bigm said:
The package only says that the meeting with the Liason Officer is going to be "the beginning of a long journey in the CF" etc, etc. Nothing really useful and to be honest the way it reads, it is not even clear that the entire period of time is spent there.  For example, it says 9-13 August, meet the liason officer, 14th of August arrival at RMC.  Does the meeting last 4 days? It does not specify anything about bringing package or accommodations and such while you are there so I am wondering if it is only a meeting that must be done within that time period?  Especially considering that if I spend the day before I am supposed to be at RMC at the ASU with the liason officer than they would most probably have specified travel method from ASU to RMC would they not? Anyone have facts/opinion on this??? Thanks

I can't answer your whole question, but regarding the transportation issue, it will be dependent on which geographical you live in. People who live relatively close to Kingston will either bus or train to Kingston while people in other provinces will most likely be flown in (unless they want to drive themselves to Kingston). Your recruiting center will arrange everything.

Kind of off topic here.....but I was told that we will be getting a $150 gift card from staples to buy all our school supplies (RMC Kingston/St.jean) Can anyone verify this? And what school supplies will be needed? Or will that info be dependent on which degree we are pursuing and this info will be given once school starts?

I believe earlier in the thread there was a link to something mentioning a 150$ first year stationary reimbursement or something. It may be in the joining instructions online. 100$ for your your second, third, and fourth year.

Rogo said:
I believe earlier in the thread there was a link to something mentioning a 150$ first year stationary reimbursement or something. It may be in the joining instructions online. 100$ for your your second, third, and fourth year.

Will that be given once we arrive at RMC or before?

Rogo said:

I can't remember where I read it either, but I do remember exactly what you said.  I am fairly sure it was in reference to Civy U not RMC.  I don't know how exactly it works there, but probably pretty similar.

I think it's both Civvy and RMC but I have a feeling its either a gift card or a reimbursement.

I'm sure the ULO will have all that information as well as paying for tuition and reimbursement for books.

I am currently going to Carleton University and live in Ottawa however I have received my joining instruction(This was only maybe 10 pages, explaining how to get to St-Jean, what to bring, swearing in etc.) saying my 2 weeks orientation will be done at CMR St-Jean. I do not think just because you live in Ontario you will be going to RMC Kingston. Fanman was talking about receiving a couple things I did not. Such as that DVD and a stack of papers described as 1cm thick. I'm curious if that is only for people actually going to school at the RMC or have I just not received something yet.

Reid Meyers

A lot of us seem to have been told that we will get that stack of papers to sign at our enrollment. Every Recruiter seems to be approaching this different.

ReidMeyers said:
I am currently going to Carleton University and live in Ottawa however I have received my joining instruction(This was only maybe 10 pages, explaining how to get to St-Jean, what to bring, swearing in etc.) saying my 2 weeks orientation will be done at CMR St-Jean. I do not think just because you live in Ontario you will be going to RMC Kingston. Fanman was talking about receiving a couple things I did not. Such as that DVD and a stack of papers described as 1cm thick. I'm curious if that is only for people actually going to school at the RMC or have I just not received something yet.

Reid Meyers

Reid I used to work for the DND teaching Air Cadets and the Ottawa squadrons were considered Eastern region not Central like the rest of Ontario. I am sure this is similar especially considering that all of Central and Western Canada is at Kingston they probably need to split some people off to St Jean. Being that you are under 3 hours to both they probably will have you there for that reason.

Just a guess

I gave my CFRC a call and they said that my enrolement would be on July 14. They also said additional documents, like will and a few other things, would be signed there instead of before the enrolment. btw, my CFRC is Toronto.

DexOlesa said:
A lot of us seem to have been told that we will get that stack of papers to sign at our enrollment. Every Recruiter seems to be approaching this different.

He is right, some people will just have forms given prior to swearing in. Basically, the package just saves some time by filling out documents ahead of time.

My joining package is really puzzling too. It says orientation period (three weeks), then goes on to state that I'll be at RMC St. Jean from the 2nd of August and won't be allowed to leave the grounds until the obstacle course on the 4th of September... which is more than three weeks. Oh well, hopefully everything will be clarified when I go in to sign the contracts.

On a side note, I'm in ROTP for Mechanical Engineering at the University of Ottawa (2nd year). Anyone else attending uOttawa feel free to add me on MSN (x0diamond_eyez0x@hotmail.com) :).

Cerulean_Sky said:
On a side note, I'm in ROTP for Mechanical Engineering at the University of Ottawa (2nd year). Anyone else attending uOttawa feel free to add me on MSN (x0diamond_eyez0x@hotmail.com) :).

It sounds like you have been sent to Joining Instructions for someone attending CMR.  From 1 August to 23 August (when classes start) is 3 weeks, but the Orientation Period lasts until the Obastacle Course. 

Regular Officer-Cadets of RMC Saint-Jean
August 1, 2010  Arrival  Before 1600 hrs 
August 1 to September 3, 2010  Orientation training   
August 23, 2010  Start of academic classes   
September 3, 2010  Obstacles Course 

Officer-Cadets from Civilian Universities
August 8, 2010  Arrival  Before 1600 hrs 
August 8 to 22, 2010  Orientation training   
August 22, 2010  Departure 

Also 2 August to 4 September were the dates for 2009, these are the dates for 2010.

Back