• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

Inky said:
Anybody with the Montreal CFRC that's received their package?

Montreal is my recruiting center also. When I called last Monday, I was told to be patient and wait. Nothing has come through the mail yet either. I will be calling again this Monday to see if they have an update.

macknightcr said:
It sounds like you have been sent to Joining Instructions for someone attending CMR.  From 1 August to 23 August (when classes start) is 3 weeks, but the Orientation Period lasts until the Obastacle Course. 

Regular Officer-Cadets of RMC Saint-Jean
August 1, 2010  Arrival  Before 1600 hrs 
August 1 to September 3, 2010  Orientation training   
August 23, 2010  Start of academic classes   
September 3, 2010  Obstacles Course 

Officer-Cadets from Civilian Universities
August 8, 2010  Arrival  Before 1600 hrs 
August 8 to 22, 2010  Orientation training   
August 22, 2010  Departure 

Also 2 August to 4 September were the dates for 2009, these are the dates for 2010.

So not only did I get the wrong package, but also for the wrong year? That's pretty hilarious. I'll bring it in when I go sign my contracts, hopefully they can clarify everything then. Thanks!

I have two questions that pertain to your summers month under rotp. First is the pay the same through out the year even during the summer months, say when you are doing part of your basic training. Second, if you are invited to attend say a girlfriend or boyfriend's prom or in my case Special Olympics for Nova Scotia are you able to take time off to attend? Thank you.

Brandon177 said:
I have two questions that pertain to your summers month under rotp. First is the pay the same through out the year even during the summer months, say when you are doing part of your basic training. Second, if you are invited to attend say a girlfriend or boyfriend's prom or in my case Special Olympics for Nova Scotia are you able to take time off to attend? Thank you.

I am sure that with some research, you would have found these answers:

1.  You get paid twice a month as per your Pay Scale (Search "Pay Scales"). 

2.  If you are on Crse, you are expected to attend that Crse.  If an event, such as the example you have given, should be on a weekend, and within a reasonable distance/proximity to the location of your Crse, you may be allowed to attend using a weekend pass.  The chances of taking Annual Leave of more than one day while on Crse are very slim.  I am sure that the absence of more than two or three days in a row while on Crse, will mean that you will have to be Recoursed.  That may mean that you, being an OCdt, will not be on Crse again for a period of one year.

Plus don't we have specific times we are told that we can or cannot take leave in the year while we are still at university so as to not have scheduling problems. I find it hard to believe that someone would even be permitted to take leave (weekends excepted) while on course.

George Wallace could you shed any light on this if you know?

Brother on BMOQ  now ,went of to St Jean day after last exam ( Western ) his first weekend off was last weekend after 6 weeks maybe the odd one or two between now and when he finishes Aug 12 .
He  has to take his leave then and find a week of work at his ULO (London) or not have his Spring Break week home.........Pay is $1200 after taxes = $600 on the 1st & 15th........I think it can be more if you have previously been in Reserves or are somewhere at school with PLD.

Rogo said:
Plus don't we have specific times we are told that we can or cannot take leave in the year while we are still at university so as to not have scheduling problems. I find it hard to believe that someone would even be permitted to take leave (weekends excepted) while on course.

George Wallace could you shed any light on this if you know?

The best and most reliable way to find out is to ask your Crse Staff.  They know what and when they are teaching Performance Objectives (POs) and will be able to tell you if they are critical or not.  They may be compassionate and permit Leave or know if there is a problem in giving Leave.

If anyone else received the wrong set of joining instructions (for CFRC Ottawa at least) it's because they hadn't received the updated set of joining instructions yet when the deadline to send them out came up, and they sent out last years to give us a general idea of what to expect. They'll give us all the new dates and info when we go in to sign our contracts on July 14. (This is all according to my file manager.)

On a side note, what are in-clearances? Apparently I get to do them early August with my ULO. I'd ask my file manager again but I get the feeling she's a bit busy right now with all the paperwork she has to do.

Just a question concerning bicycles. I'm somewhat of an amateur and I wanted to know if we were allowed to bring ours immediately or if it's preferable to wait until the end of recruit camp?

Thanks.

Inky said:
Just a question concerning bicycles. I'm somewhat of an amateur and I wanted to know if we were allowed to bring ours immediately or if it's preferable to wait until the end of recruit camp?

Thanks.

It is best to take only what you need for recruit camp. I'm not sure if you are RMC or Civi U but if you are for RMC, then it is best to bring only what you need and later ship things in after FYOP. You can arrange for storage through your recruiting center (they will ask you about this) which will be at the expense of the government. Lots of people who are trying out for sport teams, etc are bringing their equipment with them to recruit camp though.

Hope I clarified some things,
Jason

All right, thanks.

I'm guessing that storage is also made available to us during the year to stow away our equipment no?

I am attending RMC next year, and going through for Aerospace Control Officer. I have been told my enrolment ceremony is on the 30th of June.

In the papers I was given, it states after that date, I am on leave without pay in the military until I report back in August.

Having said this, does that mean I am not allowed to be working after the 30th? I currently have a part time job, and from how the papers are stated, I am unsure of whether or not I am allowed to be working when I am on leave from the military.

I would have waited until tomorrow to call, but I was really hoping to let my employer know because it is only 10 days away!!!

Thanks
  Joe

Joe-lemm said:
I am attending RMC next year, and going through for Aerospace Control Officer. I have been told my enrolment ceremony is on the 30th of June.

In the papers I was given, it states after that date, I am on leave without pay in the military until I report back in August.

Having said this, does that mean I am not allowed to be working after the 30th? I currently have a part time job, and from how the papers are stated, I am unsure of whether or not I am allowed to be working when I am on leave from the military.

I would have waited until tomorrow to call, but I was really hoping to let my employer know because it is only 10 days away!!!

Thanks
  Joe

Something wrong with the replies you received in this thread?

Summer job after enrollment?

They were helpful, I just didnt quite get the answer I was looking for.

I am assuming that there are no rules saying that I cannot keep it? I will just have to wait and call tomorrow, although I would have liked to inform my employer today if possible...

Joe

I too have a job, and i gave my employer notice that i would be resigning just before recruit camp. I dont see why would not be able to keep put job after the enrolment, mine is on June 14. If you find our do u mind posting ur reply on te forum, thanks.

My enrolment date is July 14th and I gave my employer notice that July 23rd would be my last day. They shipped me to Italy and now keep extending my time here. I had to tell them on Friday that even though July 23rd is my last day, I need the 14th off and I need to be in Canada then too. In hindsight I should have just told them the 9th would have been my last day right from the start.

I will be calling first thing tomorrow to find out for sure. It just seems odd to me that after the enrollment you are considered as being on leave without pay, and them allowing you to have another job at the same time.

Joe

Joe-lemm said:
I will be calling first thing tomorrow to find out for sure. It just seems odd to me that after the enrollment you are considered as being on leave without pay, and them allowing you to have another job at the same time.

Joe

Why do you find that as odd?  You are on leave without pay.  If they were paying you, then I agree it might be odd.

Back