• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

hockey2010 said:
All of my steps went really smoothly. When I handed in my application I got a call two days later for the CFAT, medical, and interview for two weeks from that call. So it was all really fast, almost too fast.

Same here. Handed in my application on a Wednesday. Got the call that Friday and scheduled CFAT, interview etc. for next Tuesday. It actually came as a shock considering they told me not to expect a call for 2 weeks to a month.

I am assuming both hockey2010 and shiska live near their CFRC?

Figured I might as well update my situation. Had my cfat, medical and interview today. Passed everything and scored well enough for all my trades. Interview was terrifying but went well. Next step is waiting until April to find out if I've been accepted.

Out of curiosity, what were your trade choices? And did they tell you you'd have to wait until April? My recruiting centre has been telling me the first round of selections is in December and that I will find out by mid January if I make it into that early selection round.

I was told at CFRC Toronto that selections would begin just after the January deadline had passed leading to a February date for the first round of acceptances. Not too sure on the accuracy of that though as it was just a last minute addition to another topic we were discussing.

Oh, and just an interesting piece of information to add. My CFAT had to be rescheduled due to my file being not processed on time, so I write tomorrow. The funny thing is, I am the only one. Not sure if this is because the CF is not hiring many NCMs right now or a reduced application number this year, a combination, or perhaps I am just lucky. I hope it increases my chances if less are applying  :p ! lol

Anyway, thought it was kind of funny.

How is everyone doing so far? I see some people now have started the waiting section of the ROTP application, AKA the hardest part. Remember, use this time as training time!

pudd13 said:
Out of curiosity, what were your trade choices? And did they tell you you'd have to wait until April? My recruiting centre has been telling me the first round of selections is in December and that I will find out by mid January if I make it into that early selection round.

Armoured, Artillery and Infantry. I was told the early selection board (in January) has been canceled because they are accepting fewer applicants this year. That being said, everything I've read has been very conflicting so I really don't know. I'm just going to sit tight, focus on keeping my GPA up and see what happens.

Just out of curiosity as well. How did you manage to get to do your CFAT, medical and interview with those trade choices? I picked Combat Engineer, Armored, and Artillery and I've been told there will be no processing on any combat arms trades until April 2011. Though I applied as an NCM so maybe it's a different situation for the Officer selection.

Searyn said:
Just out of curiosity as well. How did you manage to get to do your CFAT, medical and interview with those trade choices? I picked Combat Engineer, Armored, and Artillery and I've been told there will be no processing on any combat arms trades until April 2011. Though I applied as an NCM so maybe it's a different situation for the Officer selection.

NCM and Officer trades are different, Officer trades for ROTP (regular officer training plan) never close as far as I know. So that is why shiska was able to get the CFAT, interview, and medical.

hockey2010 said:
NCM and Officer trades are different, Officer trades for ROTP (regular officer training plan) never close as far as I know. So that is why shiska was able to get the CFAT, interview, and medical.

That's exactly right.

I'm applying for September 2011! I'm waitng until the end of the term(Nov 26th) to get my marks for my Grade 12 and AP courses. My application is all ready to go though. =]
I am applying for Air Combat Systems Officer, Pilot and Logistics Officer. Probably taking a Bachelor of Arts(Psychology, Economics or Business Admin.)

Good Luck to everyone! I REALLY want to make it to RMC! =]
(Back up being, SFU but prefer RMC like 100 times more.)

Now, about Requirements...to get accepted into a Bachelor of Arts, they don't look at your Grade 11 marks at all do they?(Besides Math 11 Principles). Most of mine were crap, however I picked it up this year now that I have a plan. Anyway, my question is.. will they only be looking at my top 6 Grade 12 Courses and Math 11P?  My average in my top 6 Grade 12 courses is 82%, then a 70% in Math 11P(Grade 11 was a bad year for me to say the least.)

hockey2010 said:

Ah ok thank you for the clarification :D I wasn't sure how that worked.

To my knowledge, any trade officer or ncm can close.  Applying NCM may or may not take longer to  receive knowledge of acceptance.    Getting your interview, medical, and CFAT in a single day is not a Officer/NCM issue.  Some CFRCs can get you through in one day, others cannot or will not.

Rogo said:
Applying NCM may or may not take longer to get onto BMOQ or even being accepted.

You cannot go to BMOQ as a NCM. Applying as an NCM and then switching to Officer once you get your CFAT and medical done will only prolong the recruitment process, not speed it up.

correction BMQ NCM BMOQ Officer  I'm in the system I know better...  ::)

Bowen said:
Now, about Requirements...to get accepted into a Bachelor of Arts, they don't look at your Grade 11 marks at all do they?(Besides Math 11 Principles). Most of mine were crap, however I picked it up this year now that I have a plan. Anyway, my question is.. will they only be looking at my top 6 Grade 12 Courses and Math 11P?  My average in my top 6 Grade 12 courses is 82%, then a 70% in Math 11P(Grade 11 was a bad year for me to say the least.)

They look at most of your senior high school marks I'd say. I had a couple bad grade eleven marks in math, english, and chemistry and although I had already completed a year and a half of university it was the grade eleven marks that held me back from receiving a Pilot offer. I was eventually accepted as ACSO though so I'm happy. Just work as hard as you can right now, to make up for any faults you may have had in the past.

Completed my CFAT today and qualified for my trades! Very happy with myself. I have my interview and medical on the 24th so I am starting to prepare for that now. Then the waiting begins. Lol

Bowen, as far as I know, they will look at ALL your high school marks in Grades 10, 11 and 12. I am not certain about Grade 10 though. However, the marks that they weigh the most heavily are the 6 most recent courses that you have taken that pertain to the degree that you wish to obtain. So, in other words, they are looking at the courses that pertain to your degree to ensure that you are suitable for that program, and they look at the rest of the marks to make sure you are a good student in general. I think what they are looking for is that you know how to perform well, even if you are taking a course that you are relatively uninterested in, or not talented in. But this is all just speculation on my part. Expect the CFRC to look at your Grade 11 marks, and with that in mind, work even harder this year in Grade 12 to solidify your chances. Even if you think you are doing well enough, you should always be trying to improve yourself, no matter the circumstances.

Back