• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Pudd13 you are right in saying that they can still take you for RMC.

You a great example of this because you are changing programs. Thus you actually have to start from scratch.

The fact that I had completed half my business degree and that I was staying in that program in effect prevented
me from attending RMC, even though they initially had me attending anyways.

Right now I am an English Officer Cadet at CMR Saint-Jean.  We were told today that the boards will in fact be sitting next week for your acceptances, so in that regard the information passed by your recruiters is accurate.  If any Anglophone is accepted to CMR and would like to know anything about going to school in Quebec please feel free to message me and I will do my best to help you in any way I can.

Good luck next week.

Strange, because I phoned my recruiting office today and was told that the selection boards would be sitting on April 15th  ???

PrairieBoy said:
Strange, because I phoned my recruiting office today and was told that the selection boards would be sitting on April 15th  ???

April 15th would be way too late. CFRC told me to phone them on April 4th if I don't hear anything before then.
So far I've heard March 15th and March 22nd. Since selection boards haven't happened yet(apparently) I would go with March 22nd.
Anyway, I'm not going to get hung up on dates until April 4th has arrived.

Agreed, the date is obviously not accurate as most of us have received different dates. Though two people were told the 22nd of March with one current member being told selection will begin next week. If majority rules then perhaps it will be next week, but we shouldn't get to focused on the date. Soon as someone gets a call I am sure they will post it, then we will know for sure! :)

I know, I'm just eager as a beaver to get on with it. I'm a natural hustler (by which I mean one who hustles, not one who scams, haha), so all this waiting is starting to get me all ancy, heh.

From personal experience, don't get so hung up on the dates the board is sitting. Everyone has heard every day between now and Christmas, and RC's will all have different ideas. You'll find out within the next month or so up until September if you're getting subsidized.

I know it's hell right now waiting, but don't bother getting your hopes set on specific dates, because chances are they'll come and go without hearing anything (which was worse for me than not knowing when to expect the call).

Even when offers do start coming out, some Recruiting Centres may get news before others, so just because someone from A posts, don't freak out you haven't heard out in B, C or D yet because your RC may not have heard yet, or be processing them.. It'll come, the wait is almost over !  :nod:

Shock said:
I am attending Memorial also, however I was already told that if I get accepted I will be staying at MUN. Which trade(s) did you apply for?

@Shock

I applied for Construction Engineer Officer (MOSID 00189) and Combat Engineer (which I am now as an NCM) Officer (MOSID 00181). I was told that likely I would go to RMC because the mun CO-OP program isn't conducive of summer training (which they're right about). Any thoughts anyone?

Also, I'm getting private 3 pay now, which is more than OCDT. I understand that I earn which ever is higher but do they convert my reserve pay grade to regforce first or does is stay at the reserve rate, if I was accepted to ROTP.

It converts to RegF time and you get an IPC based on your current rank in the Res. Friend of mine was MCpl(4) in PRes, went ROTP and got MCpl(2) RegF while completing his schooling.

PuckChaser said:
It converts to RegF time and you get an IPC based on your current rank in the Res. Friend of mine was MCpl(4) in PRes, went ROTP and got MCpl(2) RegF while completing his schooling.

Alright, thank you. Whether I get Pte1 or Pte3 both are high than OCdt so I'm pleased. I heard there were alot of deductions at RMC though, anyone know about that?

I'm unsure of the figures but yes there are Quarters and Rations deducted from your monthly pay. This having been said it would be similar to if you paid rent and bought your own food at a Civilian University, in fact I believe it is quite reasonable.

You'll get the same pay you were making in the reserves. I didn't know this when I went to RMC and I was given back pay after I graduated because they realized I had been underpaid for 4 years. It was a nice little paycheck. R and Q on training changes from base to base and R&Q at RMC changes from year to year. You pay less if you've got a roommate (which you will the first year and if you're really unlucky, the 2nd and 3rd years too). You also pay less if you're in one of the condemned building. The government is so thoughtful, 'you're probably going to have poisoned lungs from mold infestation, but we'll take 20 bucks off your quarters.' :) Rations is about $300 (well, it was 4 years ago).

ringknocker82 said:
You'll get the same pay you were making in the reserves. I didn't know this when I went to RMC and I was given back pay after I graduated because they realized I had been underpaid for 4 years. It was a nice little paycheck. R and Q on training changes from base to base and R&Q at RMC changes from year to year. You pay less if you've got a roommate (which you will the first year and if you're really unlucky, the 2nd and 3rd years too). You also pay less if you're in one of the condemned building. The government is so thoughtful, 'you're probably going to have poisoned lungs from mold infestation, but we'll take 20 bucks off your quarters.' :) Rations is about $300 (well, it was 4 years ago).

Nobody lives in Fort Champlain anymore. It's currently being renovated and is expected to be ready for the Fall of 2012... we'll see. If you live in Fort Sauve and Fort Brant your almost guaranteed to have a roommate until 4th year due to the college being packed while Champlain is renovated. 

Quarters are now 109.50$ if you have a roommate. Rations are 502.46$. These figures are of course for a month and may vary depending on individual circumstances.

I was also wondering about BOTQ. I have trades qualifications, BMQ, SQ, and working on PLQ Mods 1-5. Will I still have to do BOTQ and if so is it alwas done before the first academic year with ROTP.

Clancey01 said:
I was also wondering about BOTQ. I have trades qualifications, BMQ, SQ, and working on PLQ Mods 1-5. Will I still have to do BOTQ and if so is it alwas done before the first academic year with ROTP.
I can't speak to what the results of your PLAR will be, but usually those with prior experience as an NCM end up having to do at least part of BMOQ.  RMC types also have a shorter BMOQ because I understand part of the course is covered during their 1st year of school.

As to when you'll do BMOQ, it is almost always during the summer after the 1st year of subsidized education.

What will end up happening (or very likely), Is that'll you'll be put on a BMOQ course late probably after the first 6 weeks. The first 6 weeks is mostly weapons handling, kit maintenance etc.. The next 9 - 10 weeks is all leadership training  (IE: Battle Procedure etc.. ) with some field courses and exercises. On my course we had a-lot of NCM-SEPs and recourses put on at this time. Regarding when you will have to do your course everyone else is right, you'll do it after your first year of subsidization.

I appreciate the effort of everyone who answered the load of questions I had. It's still 2 weeks until most of us will hear anything about ROTP this year but good luck to everyone involved.

CHIMO

yoman said:
Nobody lives in Fort Champlain anymore. It's currently being renovated and is expected to be ready for the Fall of 2012... we'll see. If you live in Fort Sauve and Fort Brant your almost guaranteed to have a roommate until 4th year due to the college being packed while Champlain is renovated. 

Quarters are now 109.50$ if you have a roommate. Rations are 502.46$. These figures are of course for a month and may vary depending on individual circumstances.

Wow, finally. How about Haldimand? Has it been renovated? Haldibugs, yuck. I was lucky enough to be in Sauve my last two years sans roommate. Rations has sky rocketed since I was there. RMC is certainly not what it used to be, but evolution is the key to growth.

Back