• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

There is more than one round of selection for ROTP.
This may be causing delays in you knowing anything due to your file
being still in the selection process.

A few last year had received their offers in July. Keep up the morale.

cobalt said:
Hey guys, I know I keep reposting the same answer, but no reply back from CFRC Kitchener. It seems that everyone else has heard except for me and at this point, any news is good news. I would just like to know the results so that I can make some extremely hard choices and prepare for them in the future. If anyone else hasn't heard yet i'd be glad to know. I think that by now it may be likely that I was not accpeted but I would just like to be sure.

Cobalt, don't panic, I'm with you and i know of others on this forum that are in our predicament. The answer will come. In the meantime, i find the best way to burn off the stress of thinking about the decision is preparing yourself through physical activity. Make sure to prepare yourself with a Plan B as aforementioned. Don't be unprepared if things don't happen as planned. Don't worry, hopefully one day this will make a funny story over beers at the officers mess.

cobalt said:
Hey guys, I know I keep reposting the same answer, but no reply back from CFRC Kitchener. It seems that everyone else has heard except for me and at this point, any news is good news. I would just like to know the results so that I can make some extremely hard choices and prepare for them in the future. If anyone else hasn't heard yet i'd be glad to know. I think that by now it may be likely that I was not accpeted but I would just like to be sure.

Cobalt, you're worrying too much. I have some friends here at the college who received their answer in the beginning of July and had their enrollment a week later. If I were you I would try to relax and think positive as you are not alone in this situation.

You might be the only one on Milnet.ca who did not received his answer, but trust me when I say that you are not alone and that the CFRC are doing their best to help the procedure.

Hamegreg said:
Cobalt, you're worrying too much. I have some friends here at the college who received their answer in the beginning of July and had their enrollment a week later. If I were you I would try to relax and think positive as you are not alone in this situation.

You might be the only one on Milnet.ca who did not received his answer, but trust me when I say that you are not alone and that the CFRC are doing their best to help the procedure.

Concur.  My son was accepted in mid-July. Frustrating, yes. In the end, things all worked out. Just be prepared to follow up with your other university offers and be pleasantly surprised if you get a call with a late acceptance.

Regards
G2G

Hamegreg, I can't speak to cobalt's situation but I know that as a University student I am not rolling around in piles of unmarked bills at the current time and as such I need to earn money. The problem that I am having is that it would be in poor form on my part to accept a job with a company, waste their time and money in training for the job and then a month later telling them that something better came along and quitting. Much like those who apply for ROTP, get accepted and reject the offer - I think it is in very poor form and shows a lack of respect towards the organization.

That being said I know those at RMC, CFRC and DMCA are doing their best and I am sure that we will hear as soon as is humanly possible because there is always going to be some poor sod whose folder is on the bottom of the pile.

I wasn't sure if I should have resurrected an ancient thread or post here but here it is:

When I found out I was accepted to RMC it was completely unexpected. I couldn't believe it and I was overjoyed that I could see a dream of mine come into reality. As excited as I am to begin a career in the military, a long term goal of mine, something has been nagging me. Many of my friends don't really understand the reasons for which I wish to join the armed forces and that's okay, it's my life not theirs, however some of their comments have been bothering me. I've heard things like, "You'll be single forever if you join the military." and "You'll have no social life at RMC."

Now I know how ridiculous these comments sound, and also considering the ignorance of the people who made them, they still have gotten under my skin. Now I wasn't the biggest ladies man ever in high school, and as pathetic as it sounds, I'm worried that my military commitments and postings might hinder my ability to find a wife and start a family. I've also heard from some Queen's students that RMC cadets and Queen's students don't necessarily get along and that Queen's girls aren't impressed by the RMC cadets... I know it sounds immature and frankly I'm embarrassed that I felt like I needed to post this. I still believe that I've made the right decision by accepting my offer and still very much want to be an officer in the Canadian Forces.

I want to just tell myself that these things will just work themselves out with time, but cannot help but feel that attending a mil college and then working at remote and isolated postings cannot help but have a negative impact on finding a girlfriend.

I'm not expecting a completely normal university experience, but is it difficult to start a relationship while attending RMC? Do most Queen's students and RMC students really not get along all that well? Are people in the military really more likely to be single?

@Canadian1992 - Ok, let me start by asking you how much you think your friends actually know about the military life? Do they think everyone in the military is single and unable to procreate? Come on now, use your common sense, obviously that's a little off  ::)  Also, as a graduate from RMC, I can say I did not mingle very much with the Queens students. However, when you go downtown, especially to bars, you'll end up meeting tons of people and some may happen to be from Queens. You'll spend most of your time (most likely) with other cadets because they're the people you'll be able to relate to the most for the next 4 years. Now, I don't remember there being any obvious animosity between Queens students and RMC cadets, but if a girl won't give you the time of day because of the university you're attending, do you really think she's wifey material??? If meeting girls is your only worry, remember, Kingston isn't made up solely of Queens and RMC girls. Also, from my own graduating class, I would say about 80% are married with kids. Not bad statistically. Don't make your decision based on immature comments by your friends. Only military personnel and their families understand the intricacies of the military life, and only RMC alumni truly understand RMC. I hope you don't make a rash decision you'll regret. As the old adage goes, "Act in haste, repent in leisure.". Good luck.

Yes there can be some animosity between RMC and Queens people. Yes some women won't even talk to you if you go to RMC but it's certainly not the majority. I know quite a few people at RMC who have Queen's girlfriends so it's not uncommon at all. Besides Queens their is also St-Lawrence College in town and I haven't heard of any animosity issues between our two institutions. In fact, most of my non-rmc friends in Kingston go to SLC.

As for your post-rmc familial concerns, I'll leave that to some "older" folks to address.  ;D

Just got the Call today that i was accepted as a CT into RMC for MARS. One of the biggest thrills of my life. Gonna miss my reserve buddies but for the years of hard work in the reserves and upgrading, it was an unbelievably rewarding experience. For all those that got denied, life will go on, it hurts as i've experienced it first hand, but work as hard as you can this coming year, and make yourself a great candidate. Just don't give up!!

Benton said:
Hamegreg, I can't speak to cobalt's situation but I know that as a University student I am not rolling around in piles of unmarked bills at the current time and as such I need to earn money. The problem that I am having is that it would be in poor form on my part to accept a job with a company, waste their time and money in training for the job and then a month later telling them that something better came along and quitting. Much like those who apply for ROTP, get accepted and reject the offer - I think it is in very poor form and shows a lack of respect towards the organization.

That being said I know those at RMC, CFRC and DMCA are doing their best and I am sure that we will hear as soon as is humanly possible because there is always going to be some poor sod whose folder is on the bottom of the pile.

I understand what you are saying here, as some of my friends here were in the same situation last year. Many of them had to leave their job to go to the college, but it was for a good reason, some are even saying that it was the decision of their life.

I know that the selections take forever, but you have to understand that they have to choose between a whole bunch of people that they don't know in person. It is a difficult process as they are choosing the future officers that will be leading the Canadian Forces.

I was able to figure out why my file was taking so long - it got held up at the CFRC for a couple of extra days and by the time it made its way to the D Mil C it was a couple of days to late. I guess sometimes those are the breaks but the people in Ottawa were very helpful and were able to explain the process to me as to what the next steps that needed to be taken were. I now get put into the second round of selection which was referred to as “top up”. Thinking about this from a logical perspective I can’t help but think that my chances of being accepted now are greatly reduced as there are going to be fewer spots available due to offers which have already been given out, but I am still holding my chin high and hoping for the best. And worst case scenario I have been able to obtain an A-average in my first year of university which I hope would help me out if I applied next year.

Just thought I would offer some thanks to the members of the message board who have been able to provide assistance as well as the help of the officers and NCMs at the CFRC and in Ottawa. I don’t think many people appreciate how difficult their job is.

Hey guys, I have been following the forums for a few years but this is my first post heh. Just wanted to say congrats to everyone who has been selected for ROTP this year. I just found out today from CFRC Edmonton that I was not selected for the program. I will admit it is a little disheartening to not have been selected for the second year in a row now, but this only drives me further to work harder to improve my file for the selection process. So once again congrats to everyone! Best of luck!

Anyone heard any rumours yet about when we'll be arriving at RMC?  I understand RMC St. Jean is indicating that they'll be starting up on July 31st.  Any news out of RMC Kingston?  The website still has the joining instructions from March 2010.

Even better, anyone in the know have anything MORE than rumours?

27 April 2011...

"...It is my pleasure to congratulate you on being selected for transfer into the Regular Officer Training Plan.  Your offer is conditional pending successful completion of your current academic year, maintaining your current medical standard, and having no changes in legal commitments. 

Under the terms of the plan, you will be subsidized for up to 4 years depending on the accreditation that you may receive at (insert the Royal Military College Canada Kingston to obtain a Bachelor of (degree program to be provided).  You will be enrolled in...SIGS.

When your acceptance is received, Director Military Career (D Mil C) 7-5 will provide you with specific information regarding your reporting date, location and contact information with a formal letter of offer. 

Please note that D Mil C 7-5 will require a response to the above-noted selection offer no later than 29 April 2011. 

Yours sincerely,

DMilC 7"

I received a very generic letter (email) like most I'm sure. Details are few, but hopefully they come soon.

Are we supposed to receive anything more official then a verbal job offer? For those of you who have gotten accepted have you gotten a letter?

I believe that people are supposed to get a written letter of acceptance. I haven't received one yet though. Not to worry. Lots of time.

Back