• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passed Aicrew for pilot and AEC!!!!!! Medical looks good too, just waiting on some Docs to sign some of the test results! I learnt so much about the military just by talking to the guys on course. Also had lunch with an RAF SeaKing pilot and RAAF C-17 pilot! Incredible 4 days!! Good luck to all those awaiting testing!

Passed the CFAT, qualified for all trades. MCC said I was a very competitive applicant and my local CFRC will be sponsoring me to the RMCC board. Got one medical form to get in, and then everything's golden.

The best of luck to all of us, and hopefully we'll all see each other at Recruit Camp in August!

StudentPilot23 said:
Passed Aicrew for pilot and AEC!!!!!! Medical looks good too, just waiting on some Docs to sign some of the test results! I learnt so much about the military just by talking to the guys on course. Also had lunch with an RAF SeaKing pilot and RAAF C-17 pilot! Incredible 4 days!! Good luck to all those awaiting testing!

Awesome congrats! What was the medical testing like, similar to a Transport Cat.1 medical?

OblivionKnight, you are correct - I am a Dalhousie student. The memo was submitted to my file manager (the same person who called me with an ROTP offer) and she passed it up the chain of command. I graduate in Sept 2015 so I will probably be loaded onto the next BMOQ course after that.. winter BMOQ, fun! Have you looked into the 3-Academic Year program at Dalhousie? That was my plan B if my memo did not get approved.. you only graduate 6 months later than you would in the 2 year program, and you would also stay on course with summer BMOQ/be ready for trade-specific  courses right away when you graduated.

a.schamb said:
Awesome congrats! What was the medical testing like, similar to a Transport Cat.1 medical?

Both include similar tests, such as hearing test, ECG, but the aircrew testing includes several others and is a lot more thorough. And time consuming (it ran about 0745-1500)  ;)

StudentPilot23 said:
Both include similar tests, such as hearing test, ECG, but the aircrew testing includes several others and is a lot more thorough. And time consuming (it ran about 0745-1500)  ;)

How was ACS? Anything to look out for?

Applied middle of 3rd week of Nov,  received email in the 2nd week of December for CFAT in January first week and 3 days later interview and medicals.  Finished all and now will have to wait until whatever it takes.  Although I am very determined to go to RMC, if any civvie dangles the carrot of big scholarship, the predicament starts.  During CFAT, we were repeatly advised not to bank on RMC alone and keep trying other civvie. I understand this is a generic reminder but it throws off your determination a bit.

I have a question regarding application being processed.

"Once you have submitted the required supporting documents, your application will be reviewed by the Royal Military College of Canada. If it is determined that you meet the minimum requirements, and if a decision has been taken to process your application, you will be notified by your local  Recruiting Centre."

Does this mean that I will NOT be contacted by RMC or a recruiting centre if I am not qualified? or do they send an email or a call to inform me that my application will not be processed furthermore?

Thanks in advance..

Fiji_Boy_ said:
I have a question regarding application being processed.
"Once you have submitted the required supporting documents, your application will be reviewed by the Royal Military College of Canada. If it is determined that you meet the minimum requirements, and if a decision has been taken to process your application, you will be notified by your local  Recruiting Centre."
Does this mean that I will NOT be contacted by RMC or a recruiting centre if I am not qualified? or do they send an email or a call to inform me that my application will not be processed furthermore?
Thanks in advance..

Not the greatest of wording sent to you, but once a decision has been made and regardless of the outcome (ie; Suitable or Unsuitable), you will still be contacted by your local Recruiting Centre.

t.robichaud said:
How was ACS? Anything to look out for?

Nothing was really a surprise. I knew it was going to be very tough going into it. Just keep reviewing the candidate guide and practice what it tells you to practice. For most of it it's either you have it or you don't.

cw12 said:
OblivionKnight, you are correct - I am a Dalhousie student. The memo was submitted to my file manager (the same person who called me with an ROTP offer) and she passed it up the chain of command. I graduate in Sept 2015 so I will probably be loaded onto the next BMOQ course after that.. winter BMOQ, fun! Have you looked into the 3-Academic Year program at Dalhousie? That was my plan B if my memo did not get approved.. you only graduate 6 months later than you would in the 2 year program, and you would also stay on course with summer BMOQ/be ready for trade-specific  courses right away when you graduated.

I looked into the 3-year program, but Dalhousie doesn't offer it anymore. So my only options right now are the 2-year programs, or the 4-year ones which I'm really not looking forward to pursuing lol.

Cfat on tuesday. was sent appointment email few days after visiting the recruiting center.
They wanted reply to confirm within certain hours but almost missed it because they sent it to email that i put on my application about 3 years ago and no longer checked frequently. though it shows that my files have been looked and combined.
still may need a new file manager or more visits to cfrc

Hello ROTP applicants!

I just came back from the CFRC in Montreal and applied through the DEO route for pilot. Just thought you should all know that the recruiter told me that I should only expect a call in a month or longer as all the ROTP folk take precedence this time of year!

Matt

CFAT completed. Apparently did well enough for any career choice even if I decide to change one of my three. Thought I did terrible in verbal but I guess not  ;D
Now waiting to schedule interview, medical and for them to proceed with security check.
Also apparently friends don't count as references so need to search for more.

fruitflavor said:
CFAT completed. Apparently did well enough for any career choice even if I decide to change one of my three. Thought I did terrible in verbal but I guess not  ;D
Now waiting to schedule interview, medical and for them to proceed with security check.
Also apparently friends don't count as references so need to search for more.

I was definitely allowed to use my friends as references during my own hiring process, at least for the security check. I did get a few contradicting answers (the paperwork contradicted my recruiter), but I put down two and there was no problems. Definitely check up on that, since it can be hard to find coworkers/teachers you've known for a while.

Chelomo said:
I was definitely allowed to use my friends as references during my own hiring process, at least for the security check. I did get a few contradicting answers (the paperwork contradicted my recruiter), but I put down two and there was no problems. Definitely check up on that, since it can be hard to find coworkers/teachers you've known for a while.

When will the reference gets verified? Is it right after interview or after the Kingston short list you?

matthew1786 said:
Hello ROTP applicants!
I just came back from the CFRC in Montreal and applied through the DEO route for pilot. Just thought you should all know that the recruiter told me that I should only expect a call in a month or longer as all the ROTP folk take precedence this time of year!

Actually, that statement is not entirely true.  The current "priorities" for CFRC's are to fill occupations that haven't yet been filled for the current year and DEO Pilot happens to be one of them.  Followed by Primary Reserve applicants, ROTP, CEOTP-AEAD Pilot and then NCM SEP occupations for "next" year.

CDFALRMAN said:
When will the reference gets verified? Is it right after interview or after the Kingston short list you?

I don't remember, but my references were verified roughly around the same time I had my interview. This is a pure guess, but I'd say after the medical and CFAT, since DnD probably doesn't like paying money for security checks for people who didn't make the basic cut.

Chelomo said:
I don't remember, but my references were verified roughly around the same time I had my interview. This is a pure guess, but I'd say after the medical and CFAT, since DnD probably doesn't like paying money for security checks for people who didn't make the basic cut.

Thanks. By any chance,do you remember whether it is it over phone or thro emai? I have provided both info.  I did my interview and medicals 10 days ago. But the refs were not checked yet. So I was wondering. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back