• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAA said:
If you applied online prior to 1 Nov 13, you would have received an auto-generated email telling you to submit your Birth Cert, Proof of Citizenship and Academic Transcripts to North Bay.  Shortly afterwards, you would have received a second email providing you with further directions and also the link to the RMC Portal.  The academic questionnaire is available at the RMC Portal and this is where you complete the questionnaire and also upload your academic transcripts to RMC.

If you did not get that second email, then something is wrong.........
I never got the second email, who do I talk to about correcting this? It's not too late to fix it is it?

Rams96 said:
I never got the second email, who do I talk to about correcting this? It's not too late to fix it is it?

Give it until early next week, I am sure it's being worked on.  And it's not too late, you still have plenty of time.

DAA said:
Give it until early next week, I am sure it's being worked on.  And it's not too late, you still have plenty of time.

I submitted all of my transcripts and Questionnaire to RMC on October 10. I still have not heard anything, so I called my CFRC and they said they did not know why RMC had not started on my forms. So, using the amazing google/RMC website, I called the admissions officer at RMC and I was told that my files had all been uploaded successfully BUT my CFRC needs to tell them to start processing my file.... :facepalm: Since obtaining this information, I have tried calling my ROTP file manager but to no avail and no change in my status has been seen.

Goose15 said:
I submitted all of my transcripts and Questionnaire to RMC on October 10. I still have not heard anything, so I called my CFRC and they said they did not know why RMC had not started on my forms. So, using the amazing google/RMC website, I called the admissions officer at RMC and I was told that my files had all been uploaded successfully BUT my CFRC needs to tell them to start processing my file.... :facepalm: Since obtaining this information, I have tried calling my ROTP file manager but to no avail and no change in my status has been seen.

Who sent you the email with the application instructions and link to the RMC Portal?  Was it CFVRC North Bay or your local CFRC?  It could make a difference........

DAA said:
Who sent you the email with the application instructions and link to the RMC Portal?  Was it CFVRC North Bay or your local CFRC?  It could make a difference........

My local CFRC sent me the link. So that shouldn't be the issue...

Goose15 said:
My local CFRC sent me the link. So that shouldn't be the issue...

The process really hadn't been sorted out at that time, which regrettably caused some delays.  However, I am sure that your information is being worked on and you should be hearing something shortly.

If you don't have any results by the end of next week, then you need to do some more follow-up.

I think that most people who uploaded their documents the 2nd/3rd week of Oct are just now having their assessments done.

DAA said:
The process really hadn't been sorted out at that time, which regrettably caused some delays.  However, I am sure that your information is being worked on and you should be hearing something shortly.

If you don't have any results by the end of next week, then you need to do some more follow-up.

I think that most people who uploaded their documents the 2nd/3rd week of Oct are just now having their assessments done.

Oh okay, thank you very much for the information! :) :salute:

Hey there. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, please don't poke me with sharp sticks.

I've been accepted for civilian ROTP, meaning that my tuition will be paid at my university. That said, I also have a few scholarships that take money off my tuition (They are marked as such on my invoice). My question is thus: Will the military pay for my full tuition and I get to keep the money from my scholarships, or will they only pay for the final amount of tuition?

You will need to check this with your University Liaison Officer as it has been many years since I was a civvy U ROTP candidate.  However, in my day, the general rule was that it depended on the nature of your scholarship.  If it was a prize in reward for something specific you had done (e.g. top student in a particular program, winning essay, etc), and they gave you the prize in cash, then you were allowed to keep the money.  Otherwise, no.  I would guess that if the university is not giving you the option of taking the money instead of taking it off your tuition bill, then no, you won't be allowed to keep the money, but you need to ask.  I'm fairly confident though that the CF will in no way even consider paying you the difference between your reduced tuition and what they would have paid had you not been granted the scholarship.  When I was in that position, I did not even apply for scholarships, knowing that they were of no real use to me and me taking them could have deprived someone else who actually needed it.

I just graduated civy U ROTP in the spring. As Pusser said, you should check with your ULO, but the rule of thumb was that they wouldn't let you accept anything that pays for something they pay for. So if it is supposed to be applied to tuition, books, etc., that's probably not going to be allowed. However it does depend on the wording of the prize. Also, if it's an award you'd like to be able to put on your resume, find out if you can accept the award without accepting the money.

I know we had to have the NS student bursary removed from ours because of tax issues (it mysteriously became a taxable benefit, still not entirely clear on how that works), so that's potentially another problem to consider. Your business office may give you weird looks when you come in asking to give them more money!

Right from the 2013/2014 SEM Guide.....

3.1.09 Academic Awards - Scholarships/Bursaries (CFAO 9-12). Members cannot receive scholarships, bursaries or financial assistance where, by the terms of the prize, the money is to be used for any payment that normally is paid or reimbursed by the CAF, unless the award is applied directly against those costs and the member does not claim reimbursement.

3.1.10 Prior to accepting any prize, contact the SEM for a ruling.  Students may be eligible to receive academic awards not related to tuition, textbooks and mandatory equipment.

3.1.11 Non-Military Remuneration. Members of the CAF, while receiving pay and allowances, may NOT accept any bonus, gratuity or other payment regarding the performance of duties including co-op work terms. If you do so, you are liable to have a deduction from your pay and allowances equal to the amount of any such payment. Payments for such things such as fees for residency, work experience, etc MAY NOT be accepted. Before acceptance of positions such as teaching assistants, lab assistants and any civilian employment members are to seek approval from their CO.

3.1.12 Members are required to return any 'Opt-out' credits to their ULO that their learning institution applies to their school account (usually appears on the account in Jan/Feb). The ULO will need to return this credit to the applicable Fin Code or deduct it from any further claims the member submits.

Thanks a lot for all the answers, especially yours DAA. I'm due for a meeting with my liaison officer soon, but apparently the Ottawa recruiting center is much slower than the Quebec City one, and I wanted to know. The part about TA's and other paying jobs in particular gave me a few questions to ask my liaison haha.

Chelomo said:
Thanks a lot for all the answers, especially yours DAA. I'm due for a meeting with my liaison officer soon, but apparently the Ottawa recruiting center is much slower than the Quebec City one, and I wanted to know. The part about TA's and other paying jobs in particular gave me a few questions to ask my liaison haha.

Because you will be attending Civi U, you will fall under the SEM protocols.  If your CFRC does not provide you with a copy of the SEM Guide, then you should definitely receive one from whom ever your ULO will be.  All the answers to your questions are pretty much contained in there.

Good luck!!!

all docs submitted.
pre sec form submitted due to foreign implications :facepalm:

changed choices to HCA, artillary, armoured.
Recruiter was really pushing for one of engineering officers because of my high school math (calc etc) and physics grades. But I haven't done anything along the lines of F=ma in five years  ::)
Oh and actually not recommending artillary. Now having said that and talking to him combat engineer is pretty interesting and possibly be okay with BSc in applied/Gen Sci resulting in another visit to recruiting center for another change.

It is nice to see people sharing info in this thread! My first choice is HCA too! Then nursing officer ^_^.... anyway I just handed in academic questionnaire on november 23rd..a bit late...

I hope everything goes well with all of you :)

generalmeng said:
I got a offer for ROTP in nov 6

Congratulations! I really esteem your patience and great efforts! I am glad that after all your struggle you earned what you deserve ^_^
Once again, I am happy you are offered ROTP for pharmacy officer. By the way, how was your interview? Did it go ok? I have to go through interview soon... -.-a ;;;

Hi guys,

I applied to RMC around mid October and had my questionnaire and documents in by the end of October. I have a aptitude test next week, any tips on how to prepare (not looking for the questions). Like how long is it, what can i bring to the test and if its hard. I am currently in grade 12.

Thanks

I'm probably going to call the CFRC on Monday. Haven't heard anything in weeks after submitting the questionnaire.

baqir96 said:
Hi guys,

I applied to RMC around mid October and had my questionnaire and documents in by the end of October. I have a aptitude test next week, any tips on how to prepare (not looking for the questions). Like how long is it, what can i bring to the test and if its hard. I am currently in grade 12.

Thanks

Hi, baqir. The test has 60 questions, broken down into three parts:
Verbal skills (15 questions, 5 minute limit to finish)
Spatial ability (15 questions, 10 minute limit to finish)
Problem solving (30 questions, 30 minute limit to finish)

you cannot bring calculator, but I recommend you bring pencil and pen so that you can solve math questions by calculating on a piece of paper. What I can say about the difficulty is that it is definitely harder than
the CFAT practice test on the Forces website. But I believe if you are well prepared, it won't be that hard though...So...if you practiced enough with questions...

here is the practice you can do.    http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/108222.0

Anyway I hope you do well on the aptitude test. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back