• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OblivionKnight said:
Hi DAA, the situation I'm in is a bit different I suppose. I already possess an Honours BSc in Life Sciences and applied as DEO in December 2012 to the combat arms. I went through the entire application process, but at the end I was told that my trade of interest was not available. Now I'm considering Nursing Officer, so I applied to some 2-year accelerated nursing programs. Am I not eligible for ROTP subsidization?

I am pretty sure you still won't be eligible but I will check first thing in the morning and update my post here with the results.

Generally, once you already possess an undergrad degree, the CF will not subsidize a second one at the time of enrolment, even if it involves a different area of study.

Not always the case, check with CF and RMC. I have a degree but CF decided to pay for my pharmacy degree. However, Pharmacy is a highly specialize trade, so that might be an exception, so double check with CFRC.

Update!

Got a call from CFRC London today. My medical came back ok, and I gave them three dates for which I'll be available for aircrew selection. I'll be going most likely in mid-January! I'm kind of nervous because they changed the testing to computer-based instead of a sim. I feel like I'd do better on a sim  :-\. Really excited though, and I hope your files get moving soon! Good luck to you all!

So I'm in the process of filling out some very confusing reference forms, and I have a question for the forum: what's the difference between a reference and a contact? Can a contact be a secretary at workplace, even if she doesn't know who you are? If I didn't use her, my contact would have to be the same as my reference.

Here's my situation: where I work, there is one full-time supervisor, who I'll be using as a reference. The rest of my co-workers are my age, and many are personal friends. I don't want to use them as contacts, but I have no one else to use. Help, please.

Got a call today, getting sworn in at CFRC Ottawa on the 16th! Really looking forward to it!

DAA said:
I am pretty sure you still won't be eligible but I will check first thing in the morning and update my post here with the results.

Generally, once you already possess an undergrad degree, the CF will not subsidize a second one at the time of enrolment, even if it involves a different area of study.

I was finally able to get in touch with my recruiting centre, and was told that I can actually apply to ROTP for Nursing! I'm really excited, but I just want to make sure this is correct before I start the process. Were you able to confirm by any chance?

OblivionKnight

One of the girls I was on Indoc with this summer has a degree in Kinesiology and got in ROTP for Nursing Officer and is doing a 2 year accelerated program through Dalhousie.  So go ahead and apply!

OblivionKnight said:
I was finally able to get in touch with my recruiting centre, and was told that I can actually apply to ROTP for Nursing! I'm really excited, but I just want to make sure this is correct before I start the process. Were you able to confirm by any chance?

I still haven't been able to obtain any specific "written" directive that prevents an applicant who already possesses an Under-Grad degree from applying for ROTP, so I would have to say that it is entirely possible to do so.  The only thing that I could find, is directly from the RMC Website itself  ( http://www.rmc.ca/aca/ac-pe/ug-apc/ar-rce/index-eng.php ) under Academic Regulations - Undergraduate, Article 4 which states.....

4. Second Degrees
4.1 The holder of an Undergraduate Degree from RMCC or from another university may complete a second Undergraduate Degree at RMCC, subject to the agreement of the Faculty and/or departments involved and to the following restrictions:

1.The holder of an Honours degree from RMCC or from another university may not apply to obtain from RMCC a Major or a General degree in the same discipline;
2.the student may not apply to register into a Programme of Study leading to a degree which has the same name as the first undergraduate degree he/she has obtained, except that the student may apply to be admitted to an Honours Programme of Study, if the first degree obtained is a
3.Major or a General degree or may apply to be admitted to a Major Programme of Study if the first degree obtained is a General degree;
4.the student has met the requirements for admission into the chosen Programme of Study, as determined by the Faculty and/or departments concerned.
4.2 To obtain a Second Degree, the holder of a first undergraduate degree, whether from RMCC or from another university, must complete at least half of the credits required by the chosen Programme of Study through RMCC and meet all the requirements of the chosen Programme of Study as specified in the RMCC Undergraduate Calendar.

So my suggestion, submit your application and see just what happens....it sure can't hurt to try!  I have not been able to locate anything what so ever, with regards to ROTP Applicants attending a Civilian Academic Institution.

I submitted the academic questionnaire through moodle :)
I guess I don't have to repeat every step of the application process since I completed it when I applied as DEO before.
Here's hoping I pass the suitability assessment!

OblivionKnight said:
I submitted the academic questionnaire through moodle :)
I guess I don't have to repeat every step of the application process since I completed it when I applied as DEO before.
Here's hoping I pass the suitability assessment!

Just make "sure" that your CFRC changed your enrolment plan on your file/application from DEO to ROTP...

how do they contact you to say if you got in or not?

is it by phone or email?

also if its by phone what kind of number would they use and what time would they call? because I've been getting calls in the middle of class from an 866 number and I'm concerned it might be them but at the same time I'm pretty sure its a telemarketer.

Sinha said:
how do they contact you to say if you got in or not?

is it by phone or email?

also if its by phone what kind of number would they use and what time would they call? because I've been getting calls in the middle of class from an 866 number and I'm concerned it might be them but at the same time I'm pretty sure its a telemarketer.

In my experience, it has been the local number of the CFRC.

After reading posts regarding peoples current progress I am starting to become concerned with the nature of my application. I was sent the RMC portal link on Nov 2 and sent my application in a week later. Then Dec 3 I received an automated, generic message notifying "if you don't send in your information through the portal...ect". I emailed the recruited and he replied saying that he'll put a note in my file saying that it is ready or what not, as RMC has already started sending out approval/denial letters.

It is now the end of December and I have not been contacted to take my CFAT exam and the rest. Should I contact my recruiter again? Or email someone at RMC? Hopefully my chances have not been sabatoged due to what appears to be an unfortunate delay. Thanks guys (this thread is really neat).

From prior experience with my two sons, you should definitely follow up.  If you can, go to the recruiting centre and talk to them. Make sure that your file is going forward, or if anything needed you can now secure.  (And that it is acted upon as required... this was the concern with both sons who both got into RMC)

While files are I am sure being sent to RMC for review, I doubt any acceptance letters at this time.  Sounds to me like being final scored and ranked for military potential etc.  Unless changed nothing definitive until late March or April.

You have to push the issue and make sure that your file is moving forward and will be there for first review board. 

God luck.

AirNavigator said:
After reading posts regarding peoples current progress I am starting to become concerned with the nature of my application. I was sent the RMC portal link on Nov 2 and sent my application in a week later. Then Dec 3 I received an automated, generic message notifying "if you don't send in your information through the portal...ect". I emailed the recruited and he replied saying that he'll put a note in my file saying that it is ready or what not, as RMC has already started sending out approval/denial letters.
It is now the end of December and I have not been contacted to take my CFAT exam and the rest. Should I contact my recruiter again? Or email someone at RMC? Hopefully my chances have not been sabatoged due to what appears to be an unfortunate delay. Thanks guys (this thread is really neat).

If you uploaded your documents as required through the RMC Portal and received confirmation of receipt, then chances are your file is still in the review process (ie; Academic Assessment).

Nevertheless, if your local CFRC already has your file, stay in touch with them.  If they don't have your file, then contact North Bay for confirmation and an update.

The turn around time from when you uploaded your documents to completion of the Academic Assessment, is roughly 30-45 days.

StudentPilot23 said:
Got the email for aircrew today! I'm on the Jan 13-15 course!

Nice! Have you already completed your interview and medical? I don`t do my interview/medical until the 20th and after that I was told I`ll probably do my aircrew selection in February.

t.robichaud said:
Nice! Have you already completed your interview and medical? I don`t do my interview/medical until the 20th and after that I was told I`ll probably do my aircrew selection in February.

Yeah! I did my medical and interview on the 24th of October, so about a month and a half ago. My file's been moving along pretty quickly! Although I'll have to wait longer between aircrew and "the call" (assuming I pass aircrew). Good luck on your interview!

Applicant for ROTP civvy U!

Choices are Infantry, Signals, and MARS, in that order.

I'll keep you guys (and girls) updated!

Anyone on here studying at Carleton U?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back