• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
vaprisk said:
If CFRC is not in yet, then waiting is the only option, right.

That's about all you can do for now.  If you do contact them, the best they could say is "We are waiting for the RMC results."  The review process shouldn't take more than 2 weeks from the time you upload the required documents to RMC.  After the review is completed, your local CFRC should be notified of the results and you should also receive another email instructing you to contact your local CFRC for further processing. 

But once you do complete the upload to RMC and receive the confirmation receipt.  I wouldn't wait any more than 25-30 days, after which, you need to contact your local CFRC to have them find out what is going on.

My NCM infantry file was just closed. So now im going to see if the forces will mold me into what there looking for at RMC (St. Jean first though for a prep year). I applied yesterday for infantry officer ROTP. My high school marks werent good due to endless bad teen choices. But I believe im a good leader and it doesnt always come down to academics. Hopefully they give me a shot.

"What you believe" is not one of the selection criteria.

Academics, on the other hand...

DAA said:
The review process shouldn't take more than 2 weeks from the time you upload the required documents to RMC.  After the review is completed, your local CFRC should be notified of the results and you should also receive another email instructing you to contact your local CFRC for further processing.

Thank you DAA for the clarification. It was 12 working days after uploading the application the questionnaire for the email to arrive asking to contact the local CFRC for further processing. The email arrived this week.  ;D One step at a time!

Yeah I second guessed myself and when I received the email this morning, I emailed the address that was there to change it from ROTP to NCM. If its as competitive as I've been reading I dont want to waste any more time. Its been long enough.

Hey guys. I'm very sorry for being a hassle but can someone please help me out how I'm supposed to apply for ROTP this year? I always had the intention of applying for ROTP but never got around finding out how to apply. I feel like I'm already behind schedule compared to most of you because I didn't get any paperwork ready or finished. I'll be phoning up the recruit centre to talk to a recruiter or e-mailing a recruiter as soon as possible but before that can someone please help me out with the process of applying for ROTP?

By the way, I'm currently a grade 12 student from BC and provincially the teachers were on strike so I was bound to be behind schedule to attain any information of applying to any university or college from the counselors.

Sorry and thanks guy.

Epelix said:
how I'm supposed to apply for ROTP this year? I'll be phoning up the recruit centre to talk to a recruiter or e-mailing a recruiter as soon as possible but before that can someone please help me out with the process of applying for ROTP?

Talking to a recruiter is your best first step. If after that you want to apply, you will need to apply online.
http://forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

To apply, you will need to consider what trade(s) you would be interested in. A trade description is available on the forces.ca web. Most officer trades (but not all) are available through the ROTP program.
One you decide your trades you will need to have available your; education transcripts, job history, extra curricular involvement , sports involvement, and a good understanding of why you are interested in a career with the CF ready to include in your application.

You will then be asked to complete an academic questionnaire that will be submitted to RMC with similar questions and also an essay component. The essay question will ask "why you would like to attend ROTP and have a career in the CF.

I hope that this helps with your initiation.
Good luck with your application.

Finally! I receive the Email asking me to contact my local recruiting center. Next step is the attitude test!

durhamcadet1 said:
Talking to a recruiter is your best first step. If after that you want to apply, you will need to apply online.
http://forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

To apply, you will need to consider what trade(s) you would be interested in. A trade description is available on the forces.ca web. Most officer trades (but not all) are available through the ROTP program.
One you decide your trades you will need to have available your; education transcripts, job history, extra curricular involvement , sports involvement, and a good understanding of why you are interested in a career with the CF ready to include in your application.

You will then be asked to complete an academic questionnaire that will be submitted to RMC with similar questions and also an essay component. The essay question will ask "why you would like to attend ROTP and have a career in the CF.

It's a relatively simple process but for the masses, I will lay it out.......if you want to join the CF through the ROTP program (ie; attend RMC/CMR), this is what you need to do.....

1.  Decide on a Military Occupation that you would like to pursue ----->  http://army.ca/forums/threads/116600/post-1332505.html#msg1332505

2.  Submit an application to the CF and select "ROTP" as your entry plan --->  http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

3.  You will received an "auto-generated" email which acknowledges receipt of your application by the server ONLY (it's not a real person).  Within 2-5 days you should receive a follow-up email asking you to submit further documentation to the RMC Portal and that 2nd email will contain both your "Applicant ID" and a link to upload the required documents.  Without your "Applicant ID", the upload is useless and will be disregarded. --->  http://army.ca/forums/threads/115702/post-1331483.html#msg1331483

4.  Provided you follow the above instructions, your upload to the RMC Link will then be assessed to ensure you meet the basic academic standards for entry into RMC.  If you meet the required academic standards (ie; 75% in the mandatory courses and 75% overall), you will then receive a 3rd email within 2-3 weeks instructing you to contact your local CFRC.

After that, you are on your way for continued processing.

Good luck!!!

Just got an e-mail saying they weren't going through with my application  :(
I'm currently a 2nd year university student and this was my second time being rejected, will I be able to apply again for my 3rd year? Or will I have to wait till i graduate.

Pegula37 said:
            Just got an e-mail saying they weren't going through with my application  :(
I'm currently a 2nd year university student and this was my second time being rejected, will I be able to apply again for my 3rd year? Or will I have to wait till i graduate.

I would probably just wait till 4th year and apply for DEO. I tried twice, once in first year and once in second year and was rejected both times. There's nothing from stopping you in 3rd year for trying again, but I would guess its probably going to be rejected. 

Still behind despite being one of the first to send it in because I needed to take my subject SAT's. :/

I'm an international student from Texas so that's why I needed SAT scores. I'll be sending it in on the 28th since my scores post that day. I'll probably create a mini-guide on how to apply as in international student so Canadians outside the country can know the general gist of how to apply and have their documents ready.

After we've finished all our testing and interviews, when will the first batch of people know if they made it in to RMC?

Bradford_Maxwell said:
After we've finished all our testing and interviews, when will the first batch of people know if they made it in to RMC?

I believe the selections last year were made in early/middle April, and the first batch of applicants were informed by the end of April.

KerryBlue said:
I believe the selections last year were made in early/middle April, and the first batch of applicants were informed by the end of April.

Wow, that's quite late. Here in Texas, my girlfriend already got accepted for ROTC to be a Naval Officer.

Is it also possible to set up all the tests and interview in one single work week? I'll talk with my recruiter when the time comes but it would be good to know in advance.

Bradford_Maxwell said:
Wow, that's quite late. Here in Texas, my girlfriend already got accepted for ROTC to be a Naval Officer.

Is it also possible to set up all the tests and interview in one single work week? I'll talk with my recruiter when the time comes but it would be good to know in advance.

Because you are resident outside Canada, your processing "should" be negotiable.  Because there is no obligation on the part of the CF to pay for your travel back to Canada and if you are found suitable for continued processing, they will most likely ask you when would be a convenient time for you.  In which case, you will do "everything" on one day or within a couple of days, depending on your availability and just what occupations you have applied for.

Applying for any ROTP "aircrew" occupation (ie; Pilot, AEC or ACSO), may be a bit more involved.

DAA said:
Because you are resident outside Canada, your processing "should" be negotiable.  Because there is no obligation on the part of the CF to pay for your travel back to Canada and if you are found suitable for continued processing, they will most likely ask you when would be a convenient time for you.  In which case, you will do "everything" on one day or within a couple of days, depending on your availability and just what occupations you have applied for.

Applying for any ROTP "aircrew" occupation (ie; Pilot, AEC or ACSO), may be a bit more involved.

I applied for Infantry Officer, Pilot, and Armoured Officer. My main choice is Infantry Officer, though, Pilot and Armoured are just the two which interested me the most other than Infantry.
Would that mean I have to go through the more involved process? What other things will I need to do since Pilot is one of my occupations?

Bradford_Maxwell said:
I applied for Infantry Officer, Pilot, and Armoured Officer. My main choice is Infantry Officer, though, Pilot and Armoured are just the two which interested me the most other than Infantry.
Would that mean I have to go through the more involved process? What other things will I need to do since Pilot is one of my occupations?

After you have "uploaded" the required SAT scores, then you application to RMC will be assessed.  If found suitable for entry into RMC, you will be notified and then you can deal directly with your CFRC which will probably be Toronto, unless you wish to deal with a different CFRC where you have family, etc located for ease of processing.

Pilot "does" in fact require alot more time, so by selecting and pursuing that occupation, just might create some unique issues and require more than one visit.

That can be discussed, once you have passed the first and second level of review and your file is approved for continued processing.

I still have a residence in Calgary, so I'll see about getting it taken care of there if I make it through. My grades are in the high 80's and my SAT scores are competitive so I believe I will be okay in that regard.

Thanks, DAA, for the quick information when I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back