• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went down to the recruiting centre today and handed my application today, I already wrote my CFAT exam last year
so I am waiting on medical and interview.

Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Intelligence Officer
Trade Choice 2: Pilot
Trade Choice 3: 
Application Date: November 11, 2014
First Contact:
CFAT completed : December 22nd, 2013(PASSED)
Interview completed
Medical Completed:
Merit Listed:
Sworn in:

Hello.

I'm sorry for being a hassle but can someone please help me with the application? I'm currently stuck on the RMC Questionnaire part.  I'm confused on what I should put for the Mid-Term/Interim Mark section on the ROTP application because the high schools in my district follow a linear system, not a semester system. I'm assuming the Mid-Term mark in the linear system would be the first report card but students here don't get that until December. I also don't know my interim mark because my teachers won't calculate it until marks cut-off which is in in three week.  I'm concerned about this as it's advised to submit the application as soon as possible. I don't know if I should wait a month just so I can put the grades in the application or not.

Also what do I put for "Session" on the application?

Thank you very much.

Epelix said:
I'm sorry for being a hassle but can someone please help me with the application? I'm currently stuck on the RMC Questionnaire part.  I'm confused on what I should put for the Mid-Term/Interim Mark section on the ROTP application because the high schools in my district follow a linear system, not a semester system. I'm assuming the Mid-Term mark in the linear system would be the first report card but students here don't get that until December. I also don't know my interim mark because my teachers won't calculate it until marks cut-off which is in in three week.  I'm concerned about this as it's advised to submit the application as soon as possible. I don't know if I should wait a month just so I can put the grades in the application or not.

Also what do I put for "Session" on the application?

Put down what you think you are "reasonably" going to finish with.  If you think you will have an 85%, then put down 85%.  The mark listed, does not have to be an "official" mark, it is merely an indication of your current progress in that program and indicates a degree of success towards graduating.  For session, just put down Fall or Winter, first or second, etc.  It's not entirely critical at this point.

alllleeee said:
I went down to the recruiting centre today and handed my application today, I already wrote my CFAT exam last year
so I am waiting on medical and interview.

Did you also "redo" your RMC Academic Questionnaire online for this year as well?  I hope so........

When I submitted my questionnaire I too did not have my midterms. Is it possible to resubmit it now that I have my midterms?  :-\

MuddyCross said:
When I submitted my questionnaire I too did not have my midterms. Is it possible to resubmit it now that I have my midterms?  :-\

I wouldn't recommend doing that, it tends to play havoc with their databases.

I would, however, strongly recommend that you simply "Reply" back to the email that was previously sent to you, which had your Applicant ID # and the link to the RMC Portal and ask that question to them.  They will be able to provide you with proper guidance on how to proceed.

Hey guys just filling out the application and I came across something that I had to fill out called Applicant Number, No clue where to get this...Recruiting office hasn't picked up any of my calls so I'll try here!

In the email that provided the link to that application (titled Regular Officer Training Plan) there should be your applicant number in red. Should be item 5, or at least it was for me.

Hope that helps!

I never received the application as an email, I just found it here http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96...

Hi, I'm in the middle of the application process and was wondering if anyone has heard how many people they are hiring for 2015-2016? I read somewhere that about 7 people were hired last year.  Thanks!

gabrielgp said:
I never received the application as an email, I just found it here http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96...

My apologies I thought you were referring to the part of the application once RMC contacts you, not the initial application. I don't remember needing an applicant number for that part of the application.

Sorry!

Is anybody else getting the error saying "Please provide a file with an accepted extension." even though the files are in PDF format?

Thank you.

gabrielgp said:

You CAN'T apply directly to ROTP through that link.  You must first apply to the CF through this link ---->  http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

After you apply to the CF, they will provide you with further details, which will include your "Applicant ID".  Until you have applied and received notice, there is not much you can do.

Last year was "6" and this year the possibility exists to hire "7".  ROTP Nursing is a "highly" competitive entry plan and on average, receives upwards of 80+ applications a year if not more.

Good luck!

Epelix said:
Is anybody else getting the error saying "Please provide a file with an accepted extension." even though the files are in PDF format?

This appears to be a system "bug" while using Internet Explorer 10 or 11 and with computers running Windows 8.

In the interim until this issue is resolved, it is recommended that you make use of "FireFox" to complete and upload your RMC Academic Questionnaire and Academic Transcripts.

Epelix said:

Thank you.

Use chrome and you wont have any such issues.

OK, so I just did my CFAT and PT today. I had the impression that everything was great, I had no trouble and answer every question. The recruiter told us that only 1 out of 10 people were recruit and that on our group, 2 guys should be select. At the end, the recruiter asks everybody to leave except Mr. X and Mr. Y, is it because they are select and we weren't or could it be anything? Because I received an Email telling me that I pass the test and that I should receive the response in 2 two weeks... I am a little bit confuse... Oh, and by the way, when I was at the recruiting center, I spoke with others recruits and some of them didn't remember how to do multiplication/division on paper so I show them... I know it might look stupid right now but I didn't feel they were competitors, only potentials partners. Could this effect on anything my application or does the recruiter doesn't care?

Finally, thank you for reading and excuse me my approximate English.

Good luck everyone.

Submitted my application today, applied last year but after I submitted everything to RMC their email got sent to my junk mail and I never saw it until like 2 months later.

I'm going to apply for ACSO, And HCA. My College marks weren't too amazing but I have an 85% from highschool and all my EC's were from highschool :\

SJRubio said:
Submitted my application today, applied last year but after I submitted everything to RMC their email got sent to my junk mail and I never saw it until like 2 months later.

I'm going to apply for ACSO, And HCA. My College marks weren't too amazing but I have an 85% from highschool and all my EC's were from highschool :\

Are you talking about the initial application from the Forces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back