• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at RMC only : 2019 - 2020

Hello Handouts!

I was going through the threads and I saw your post. It is from few months ago so I am not sure if my response is going to make it to you. I can sympathize with your situation because I was in the same boat as you a few years ago. I had applied to join the Forces in 2016, however, it was not until 2018 that I heard back from them about my application. I have not lived in Canada for the past ten years and my back ground is Pakistani. So I knew that security clearance would take a while before I hear anything back from them. So I went about my life and just waited which is what the military recommends. The reason for this is that you are never guaranteed a position in the Forces. I graduated university and got a job and lived my life. When the military called me with a job offer I decided to join, I could have very well said no thank you but that is the decision you make once you have an offer. I would never recommend anyone wait. Go do your thing live your life and when you have an offer decide what you want to do.

Now one of the things you have mentioned about your reliability status. I would like to bring to your attention that reliability status is the first step towards getting your security clearance. Call it unfair if you would like to but the rules are that if you have not lived in Canada for the past 10 years or if you have links to a non-NATO country you would have to get security clearance before you can join. That is what happened to me. I had to wait until I got my security clearance before I could join. For many other people security clearance is applied for during their BMQ or BMOQ. So you need to find out if that is the step where your file is stuck.

I would recommend that you go about living your life and wait until the military comes to you with an offer. Also keep checking with your recruiting office about the status of your application.

Hope it helps my friend!

Good day everyone,

I’ll try and keep this short and simple. I’m just wondering if anyone applying for ROTP 20-21 has received their ROTP paper work. I was told Sept. 1 was when they’d release the documents and begin processing applicants. I haven’t received any news yet other than “Capt so and so will get back to you ASAP” when i sent them a follow up email. This was 5 days ago, roughly.

Hello there,
I am a high school student attending at a HS in Ontario, and am applying to the RMC. Let me tell you what I have done so far.
1. Completed my profile and "validation" online.
2. Booked my initial appointment.(Which they say will just be an aptitude test)
My questions:
1.What should I have prepared for my initial appointment? I have done some research into the possible jobs in the CAF but I am trying to go into RMC and after that I'll serve right??
2. If I need/should research jobs and the training path to them, where do I find this information?
3. Dress code for the aptitude test?
4. They give you the practice aptitude test, but say that the real one is much harder. How much harder? And is there a realistic practice test or an old one I can use to prepare?
5. On a side note, how important are marks? They say at least a 70 average but that seems too low for how competitive I have heard it is.

I appreciate and answers/feedback!

slowe said:
Hello there,
I am a high school student attending at a HS in Ontario, and am applying to the RMC. Let me tell you what I have done so far.
1. Completed my profile and "validation" online.
2. Booked my initial appointment.(Which they say will just be an aptitude test)
My questions:
1.What should I have prepared for my initial appointment? I have done some research into the possible jobs in the CAF but I am trying to go into RMC and after that I'll serve right??
2. If I need/should research jobs and the training path to them, where do I find this information?
3. Dress code for the aptitude test?
4. They give you the practice aptitude test, but say that the real one is much harder. How much harder? And is there a realistic practice test or an old one I can use to prepare?
5. On a side note, how important are marks? They say at least a 70 average but that seems too low for how competitive I have heard it is.

I appreciate and answers/feedback!

slowe,

To answer your questions:

1. Bring your photo ID, birth certificate, and current transcripts. Just FYI, attending RMC is a part of your military service, after graduating you would be commissioned and start being gainfully employed though.

2. Look around on the Forces.ca and RMC websites. The link below will inform you which degrees are acceptable for each officer occupation.

https://www.rmc-cmr.ca/en/Registrars-office/academic-programmes-and-occupation-compatibility

3. Wear something clean that you will be comfortable writing your aptitude test in.

4. The new (this year) practice test found on the Forces.ca website is about as good as you'll find. To find it on the website, go to the section labelled "How to join", and follow the links for the CFAT. Focus your studying on the math skills required to complete the problem solving question. Take note of the time limits. You want to score as high as you can, it will have weight toward selection.

5. Marks are very important. Your transcript will be reviewed by the RMC admissions department to determine if you meet minimum admission requirements as well as given weight towards selections. Don't confuse the minimum requirements for admission with what is considered competitive for selection.

Good luck.

luttrellfan said:
Good day everyone,

I’ll try and keep this short and simple. I’m just wondering if anyone applying for ROTP 20-21 has received their ROTP paper work. I was told Sept. 1 was when they’d release the documents and begin processing applicants. I haven’t received any news yet other than “Capt so and so will get back to you ASAP” when i sent them a follow up email. This was 5 days ago, roughly.

luttrellfan,

I'm not sure what paperwork you are referring to. Your application to RMC/ROTP is essentially the same as applying to any other entry plan in the CAF with the exception that you will be provided a link to the "RMC portal", this will require you to upload your transcripts and answer a few questions. This information is sent directly to RMC to determine if you meet admission requirements. If you have not already done so go to the Forces.ca website and click on "Apply now" and fill out your online application. Also, order some current, official transcripts.

winds_13 said:
luttrellfan,

I'm not sure what paperwork you are referring to. Your application to RMC/ROTP is essentially the same as applying to any other entry plan in the CAF with the exception that you will be provided a link to the "RMC portal", this will require you to upload your transcripts and answer a few questions. This information is sent directly to RMC to determine if you meet admission requirements. If you have not already done so go to the Forces.ca website and click on "Apply now" and fill out your online application. Also, order some current, official transcripts.

In 2013 I applied for ROTP and when I did I received paperwork that asked me a few questions about hobbies and such along with post secondary info. Basically, it was a sell yourself to RMC type of paperwork. I was unsuccessful and am now in the reserves. I’ve recently put in for a CT and one of my trades is Officer related. I’ve been informed by the CT people that I’ll be under the ROTP group, but I haven’t received any news when I should have. I’ve checked “My Portal” (because I’m already a student there) but there is no mention of ROTP. I was supposed to here news from them and still nothing.

Back