• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at RMC only : 2019 - 2020

Hey everyone, so I was told by my recruiter that there will be 2 rounds of selections... One in March and the other in April.

Hey everyone,
I saw some above posts that people were hoping to get the offers to attend ROTP at a civilian university. Well I found posted on the RMC information website that they have discontinued that program for this year.
https://www.rmc-cmr.ca/en/registrars-office/welcome-admissions

maddiewd said:
Hey everyone,
I saw some above posts that people were hoping to get the offers to attend ROTP at a civilian university. Well I found posted on the RMC information website that they have discontinued that program for this year.
https://www.rmc-cmr.ca/en/registrars-office/welcome-admissions

The civilian university option for ROTP has always been a second choice.  In other words, candidates first have to be accepted into the ROTP.  THEN, if there are not enough spaces at the military college(s) to meet that year's intake requirement, the overflow can be sent to civilian schools.  It was not uncommon in years past for individuals to initially be accepted into ROTP and told that they would be going to a civilian university, only to find out later that they would be sent to a military college.  It would appear that this year's intake requirement can be met by RMC.

Hey guys, I heard selections are happening this week (April 9). Also some early offers were sent out last month. Curious if anyone here has received any news?

Well I believe it is the appropriate time to say this... we are in the endgame game now  ;D

Anyone receive any offers yet?  If so, what did you get and when did you receive it?

You are all invited to join the Class of 2023 Facebook group!  (Even if you are not selected yet!)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2182940818411244/?ref=share

i'm waiting

Comp listed Pilot, ACSO and AERE

my friend go infantry offer in february, other got AEC in march.

i heard it has been a selection this week, but that offer might take 3-4 week to come !

good luck !

Good day everyone,

Got the call and accepted my offer for ROTP AEC today! Hopefully I'll see you guys at Basic (July 22nd start). Good luck to all.

Thank you to the forum for all of the help and advice through the years :)

Lumo2000 said:
Good day everyone,

Got the call and accepted my offer for ROTP AEC today! Hopefully I'll see you guys at Basic (July 22nd start). Good luck to all.

Thank you to the forum for all of the help and advice through the years :)

I got my offer for NWO today, same start day!
See ya!

Hi, I got my offer to attend RMC this coming school year.

Unfortunately I have not been in school for awhile and have definitely forgot the basic math / science / French / etc.

I was wonder what sort of classes/courses 1st year ARTs students would have to take.
i.e. What type of math? Algebra, calculus?, etc.
What type of science? Chemistry, bio, physics?
ETC.

I want to start going over stuff myself so that I am not completely lost when I start in the fall.

Thank you!

You didn’t mention which arts degree you’re taking, it will likely depend on the program.

https://www.rmc-cmr.ca/en/faculty-social-sciences-humanities

If you click on your program, then scroll to the bottom, you’ll see the course of study for each degree. 

Looks like precalculus is required, some programs have some computer classes.

My son is just finishing first year engineering and he’s mentioned that all the arts students have a math class (the engineering students have some English, psych and history). I assume that he’s talking about the precalculus class.

Edit to add:

French, you’ll do a placement test and get put in a class based on where you are. 

And here are the core courses for all arts programs:

https://www.rmc-cmr.ca/en/registrars-office/undergraduate-academic-programmes#ccap-tcpa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bentpaperclipz said:
Hi,

When did you have your interview? I had mine on April 8 and I didn't receive anything.

I had mine mid February. The selection was April 9 so an interview on the 8th probably hurt your chances of making it this month. They still do selections in May and the summer!

bentpaperclipz said:
Hi,

When did you have your interview? I had mine on April 8 and I didn't receive anything.

Assuming you only did the interview, you would still have to do the medical, pass any background checks, and any other additional testing other testing such as ACS, MOST, MPOAC  (for Pilot, NWO, MPO, Etc). Assuming you pass all of those, you will be competition listed. If you haven't done any of that I doubt you will be considered this year.

Sadly I wasn't selected in April. I hope they consider me in the May selections board. Apparently 80% out of 400 offers have been made to date (80 left + any offers that applicants may reject). As for the trades I applied for apparently there are 0 spots open for ENGR-O, and 1 spot for EME-O.  :/  I have contacted my recruiter and hopefully they can provide some insight or any other options.
Anyways, congrats to those that have been accepted!

Hi everyone, I am new here. I started my application to ROTP almost 3 years ago. My background is from south America so i knew that it was gonna take time until my reliability status were accepted. To make story short, I got my interview and medical appointments on April 18. ( my reliability status came all good). Since that i went to my CFRC almost every week to check my status. I was told that a decision was gonna be made on May 6/7. I don't have any answer, and I heard that if i didn't receive an answer by now, it means i was not accepted. I've been in this process for 3 years almost and I don't know if I wait, I'd get in. Should I wait for next year? Or does anyone know where is the last date for enrollment

Hi everyone,

I also have a question about a selection date. Last week, I have called my recruiting center and I knew that I was on the competition list for Int OP since June 20th but currently that there was no selection date entered at the system. It looks like the last one happened on June 5th. After research on the forum, I understood that selections happen twice a month minimum for each trade. Is there an exception for Int OP?

Thank you.

Jaay said:
Hi everyone,

I also have a question about a selection date. Last week, I have called my recruiting center and I knew that I was on the competition list for Int OP since June 20th but currently that there was no selection date entered at the system. It looks like the last one happened on June 5th. After research on the forum, I understood that selections happen twice a month minimum for each trade. Is there an exception for Int OP?

Thank you.

Jaay, in general, selections happen every other week. However, not every trade is selected for each time selections are held. In fact, many smaller trades are only selected for once or twice a year.

As for Int Op, there is currently 18 RegF positions remaining for this Fiscal Year, to be selected sometime before the end of April 2020. That probably doesn't help much, just trying to temper your expectations WRT timelines.

Back