• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP Process - Getting considered/Accepted

23007 said:
Minimum RMCPPT scores for males:

Level 9.5 on the beep test
35 sit ups in 2 mins
28 pushups
1.96 m Standing long jump
a Timed agility run but I can`t remember the max time

The minimum time you are looking for is 17.8 i beileve. Also note that these scores are not a pass, you need 250 points aswell and these wont get you close.

About the ROTP reference forms:

I sent out for my application in September, and was told that i only needed 2 ROTP reference forms. Ifound out that I needed 3 so I called the up and got a third. Then in November, we had that University night at school and of course I went to the RMC presentation. There, the recruiter told me that I only needed 2 again. So I only have two and I'm just about to send in my application? How many do I need? And if I don't have three will they throw out my application?

Remember that the ROTP forms are in addition to the regular forms you need to apply to the CF.  Follow the recruiting website under how to join and how to apply.

For the medical part of the processing, is it true that people who wear glasses must do without them up to 72 hours before their medical exam? Or is that only for pilot hopefuls? Personally I aim for Air Nav. at RMC but any info would be appreciated. Kincanucks? :p

If you've been in to talk at your CFRC your recruiter will tell you everything you need to know. As far as I know it's 24-48 hours without contact lenses. Bring your glasses and perscription (if you can) with you. You'll be notified of any specifics by your recruiter.

Kyper said:
For the medical part of the processing, is it true that people who wear glasses must do without them up to 72 hours before their medical exam? Or is that only for pilot hopefuls? Personally I aim for Air Nav. at RMC but any info would be appreciated. Kincanucks? :p

It is 24 hours.

Or is that only for pilot hopefuls? What?

Marks is the FIRST thing. You can be army all the way but if your marks are below 80% good luck. To get in you're looking at at least 85% in your final year of high school.

Trying to become a pilot? That's the first MOC that gets filled so make sure your marks are high in your final year and make sure that you have real leadership experience (ie manager at McDonalds, hockey referee, etc).

Getting your pilot license before RMC is a really good idea as Aircrew Selection expects you to know how to fly a plane!

Back