• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Royal Air Force discriminated in opposition to white males throughout recruitment drive, inquiry finds

I think back to my application to join the RCMP where there was a check box for are you or do you identify as a woman, person of colour, visiblie minority, LGBTQ etc. on the initial application.

I wonder, if digging got done on Government of Canada hiring in the last decade, what might be found along the lines of the above article.

While the headline of the linked article does somewhat indicate what the story is about, the rest as written leaves me scratching my head and wondering what exactly were they talking about. Googling provided a few other outlets with the same story, but which may be better written.

And then there's straight from the horse's mouth.

With the report

I mean, I won't be surprised if it ever were revealed that Canadian recruiters were told not to recruit white males.

I mean, I won't be surprised if it ever were revealed that Canadian recruiters were told not to recruit white males.
I am sure there are quotas and that visible minorities are prioritized but that’s actually allowed in the Charter. May not be the case in the UK.

I am sure there are quotas and that visible minorities are prioritized but that’s actually allowed in the Charter.

For reference to the discussion,

14 pages.

The great institutional inequality in Canada is French vs. English of course.

It showed itself on Phase 2 & 3 Inf where, amazingly, over 90% of the Francos passed while over 50% of the Anglos failed.

I never saw such blatant and officially sanctioned discrimination in the British Army, ironically ;)

The great institutional inequality in Canada is French vs. English of course.

It showed itself on Phase 2 & 3 Inf where, amazingly, over 90% of the Francos passed while over 50% of the Anglos failed.

I never saw such blatant and officially sanctioned discrimination in the British Army, ironically ;)

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I think back to my application to join the RCMP where there was a check box for are you or do you identify as a woman, person of colour, visiblie minority, LGBTQ etc. on the initial application.

I wonder, if digging got done on Government of Canada hiring in the last decade, what might be found along the lines of the above article.
In the PS hiring process you were "Encouraged" by HR to consider various groups as they wanted to bump up their quota numbers. Thankfully our application test was technical enough to avoid people being picked purely on their sex/colour.

My friend worked for CBSA, she was told to also target old ladies and white guys to avoid having it look like they racially profiled other people.
Kinda like when Aunt May from Maple Creek SK gets “randomly” selected for secondary security screening at the airport?

You're not alone there Kat. Thee last time I had been reloading and shooting for a few days, before flying, when they decided it was a good time to swab my hands. What a shit show that turned out to be.
I got pulled because my backpack had GSR on it. While in uniform. On my way home from Afghanistan. With the rest of my 150 person chalk.

"Have you fired a weapon in the last month, Sir?"

"Ugh...I think so?"

Luckily their supervisor exercised some common fucking sense.

You're not alone there Kat. Thee last time I had been reloading and shooting for a few days, before flying, when they decided it was a good time to swab my hands. What a shit show that turned out to be.
I tell them I'm in the military every time they go to do that. I have also been present when blank rounds were found in someone's checked baggage. Needless to say, they didn't get on that flight.

I tell them I'm in the military every time they go to do that. I have also been present when blank rounds were found in someone's checked baggage. Needless to say, they didn't get on that flight.

Back in the day, being on the SIR list for the Army HQ was fun - and would sometimes lead to questions like "Why was he bringing his tac vest as his carry-on?" and "Didn't he notice that all the mag pouches were full. with the weight suggesting they were loaded?" and finally "Ah, Fredericton airport."

Back