• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Russell Williams charged in 2 x murders, confinement, sexual assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree... how could this man, in such high position in the CF commit all these crimes, keep a straight face and not get cought earlier? OMG!

The lingeray thing is so... only a sick person can do this! I can only put myself in these women's shoes who got home only to discover that their lingeray disapeared!  There is no other word. You just feel SCARED.

Hundreds of lingeray pieces hidden in is house??? I'm so surprised his wife never found out and wonder then again, we'll never now this.

Hummmm.... what else to say... nothing. What can you say about such a sad and scary story. It's only scary.

Alea

Journeyman said:
And did he return? No. So the police were correct.
And did she report the missing clothing to the police? No. Should the police be any more psychic than she was?
One assault does not make a "crime wave."

The bottom line is the 82 charges stem from the investigation since his arrest. Neither the police, nor the community, had any idea about Williams' activities.

So, is this an example of:
a) police bungling -- they couldn't foresee the future;
b) citizens obstructing the police -- of all these victimized women, apparently not one reported a pair of missing underwear to the police;
c) media hype -- preying on a victim's anguish to build a story where one doesn't or barely exists;
d) a victim setting the stage for a class-action suit, based on police "negligence"?

My personal response to all four options is the same:  ::)

JourneyMan :)

Let me tell you, as a woman, if one single piece of lingeray disapears from my drawer:
1) I'll know in a split second
2) I'll run to the police (this actually happened to me about 12 years ago. When my appartement got rubbed, I couldn't care less about the TV and jewelry... but my lingeray... to a woman this is very scary)
So I aggre with you... I don't understand why in all these women concerned, none raised the red flag!

Alea

Alea said:
JourneyMan :)

Let me tell you, as a woman, if one single piece of lingeray disapears from my drawer:
1) I'll know in a split second
2) I'll run to the police (this actually happened to me about 12 years ago. When my appartement got rubbed, I couldn't care less about the TV and jewelry... but my lingeray... to a woman this is very scary)
So I aggre with you... I don't understand why in all these women concerned, none raised the red flag!

Alea

That is a nettle in my drawers too, when people Rub my lingeray.  I find that Tucks helps, but only temporarily.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
That is a nettle in my drawers too, when people Rub my lingeray.  I find that Tucks helps, but only temporarily.

TMI!  ;D

I'm sure at least some of these women chalked up the missing lingerie to the sock monster!

Obviously, we need a national gun panties registry. That way when one turns up at a crime scene, we'll be able to track it back to the last legal owner.

the 48th regulator said:

Case keeps growing against accused sex-killer Russell Williams

By Gary Dimmock and Linda Nguyen , Canwest News Service - April 30, 2010 7:31 AM 

In a lengthy interview on a Sunday in February at Ottawa police headquarters, Williams allegedly directed detectives to so-called trophies at his new home at 473 Edison Ave. in Westboro, including photographic images and more than 500 pairs of women’s underwear taken in break-ins.

Gary Dimmock writes for the Citizen. Linda Nguyen writes for Canwest News Service. With a file from Global News

© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Case+keeps+growing+against+accused+killer+Russell+Williams/2966782/story.html#ixzz0maVviQtc

More than 500 pairs of women's underwear in 82 break-ins.... that is a lot of underwear to still per drawer!

Alea

Alea said:
More than 500 pairs of women's underwear in 82 break-ins.... that is a lot of underwear to still per drawer!

Alea

That's 82 break and enter charges that have been laid so far - there could be more that have not been linked to charges yet.

Michael O'Leary said:
That's 82 break and enter charges that have been laid so far - there could be more that have not been linked to charges yet.

Am I the only one doubting that this man only took 1 woman's underwear/house?
I still remain pretty surprised that no woman came up with this to the police.

Mr. O'Leary you're right. It is 82 break and enter so far... hopefully the police won't find any more in this case that is heavy enough as it is.

Alea

Alea said:
Am I the only one doubting that this man only took 1 woman's underwear/house?

No, you're the only one finding it worth getting worked up over in this thread.

82 break ins without getting caught. He must have had ninja training to go along with his creepy fetish.

Michael O'Leary said:
Obviously, we need a national gun panties registry. That way when one turns up at a crime scene, we'll be able to track it back to the last legal owner.

Albeit, that might seem like a good idea, by and large (emphasis on large) it would be a grim task.  However, the Lieberals could sink billions into it!  It would be flawless!!

I wonder if by pleading guilty to the whole thing the Crown is going to forego considering dangerous offender application?  I would hope that isn't the case.  It is also possible that since Williams makes decent money and has assets, he will have to pay his legal fees out of pocket.  If there is a remote shred of decency left in him (if there ever was) he'll plead to the whole thing, take the dangerous offender status, disappear forever and save his family the money and anguish. 

Dangerous offender status? Is there a remote chance he'll live long enough to get out?

Wouldn't the two charges of 2nd degree murder alone mean a minimum 20 years before he's eligible for parole? And then the sexual assault charge(s), confinement, burglaries...

He's already 47... I've never understood what happens with multiple sentences. He can't serve all those things at once can he? Especially not the two life sentences?

Oh boy... I'm going to go read, I guess I'll get back to you all if these haven't been answered.

You are talking about the difference of "concurrent" and "consecutive" sentencing.  I do not have a memory of any time during my career when I heard of anyone getting sentenced "consecutively".  Generally, everything is lumped together and is concurrent.  So where 82 residential break ins should mean a life sentence (the max for a residential break in is actually a life sentence, btw) it would probably all be one sentence.  Without a dangerous offender status, look to see Williams moving into a neighborhood near you in about 25 years. 

Because, to sentence him consectutively would be against his rights. 

Could they try him 82 separate times to get something like a 200 year sentence?

The pile on of charges seems a bit excessive, since it is highly improbable that anyone could do that many break-ins without getting caught or leaving a clue. I suspect that some of these cases don't have anything to do with him, and the Police are just thankful they can clear files and close cases.

Like a previous poster said; the guy would have had to be a Ninja to get away with so many crimes.

Thucydides said:
...since it is highly improbable that anyone could do that many break-ins without getting caught or leaving a clue...

I would grant you that it would be rare, but ask yourself if it were to happen, who would it have to be?  Someone the neighbours trusted and was likely extremely intelligent.

Also. I think the Police deserve more credit than you're giving them.  They don't just blanket charge people on a whim without having a relatively high likelihood that they have a case for a conviction.

Thucydides said:
The pile on of charges seems a bit excessive, since it is highly improbable that anyone could do that many break-ins without getting caught or leaving a clue. I suspect that some of these cases don't have anything to do with him, and the Police are just thankful they can clear files and close cases.

Like a previous poster said; the guy would have had to be a Ninja to get away with so many crimes.

Hey Thuc,  yeah man! I totally agree that is what lazy cops do to clear their reports. I mean it must be a way for those investigators to make more overtime to justify their existence.  I mean how busy can a Tweed area detachment be?..... :stop:

Before making a generalization and posting to the world the ignorance of your statement, read up on serial crime and review a thing called VICLAS http://sascwr.org/resources/pdfs/Legal/ViCLAS%20is%20the%20Violent%20Crime%20Linkage%20Analysis%20System.pdf

I'm pretty sure that investigator's would like to present the best case put forward to crown as possible to ensure the system carries through with dealing with individual appropriately.  82 cases could also suggest laying the framework for a dangerous offender status.  Bottom line free speech away but do it educated..

edit: correct link http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/tops-opst/viclas-salvac-eng.htm

Michael O'Leary said:
Perhaps his OCD was so intense that all his trophies were tagged with date-time groups and addresses, and that's how they've put so many together so quickly.

The Globe and Mail reported, "In the searches of his Ottawa home, police discovered stolen lingerie that was neatly stored, catalogued, and concealed."

They also report, "The automatic penalty for multiple first-degree murder convictions is life imprisonment with no chance of parole for at least 25 years."

Ohhh.... how very anal in his hobby.!!!!!      >:D      :rage:

Infanteer said:
Could they try him 82 separate times

Waste of time as it would just tie-up the courts.

to get something like a 200 year sentence?

As Zipperhead mentioned, in Canada you serve your sentences concurrentingly. The maxium sentence is "life" which is 25 years, unless you get labelled as a dangerous offender where you can be held indiffently. On the other hand you could be considered mentally incompetent and placed in a mental facility for the rest of your life. However, its unlikely that Williams would be considered mentally incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back