• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Russia in the 21st Century [Superthread]

I forsee a virtual presence for VV at the next BRICS meeting, slated in South Africa, but who knows?
It's almost like how we got screwed for arresting Meng Wanzhou, only for her to be used as a bargaining chip by the US. South Africa might have to decide where its loyalties lie.

Hmmmmm .... interesting:

Ranked: The Top 20 Fastest Growing Cities in Europe​

If you were to select a random person in Europe, there’s a 75% chance that person lives in an urban area rather than a rural one.

In the coming decades, this region’s urban population figure is expected to rise even higher, from 75% to 84% by 2050.

Based on projected average annual population growth rates between 2020-2025, which are the fastest growing cities in Europe?

Russian Might​

Russia’s well-known for its expansive landmass, but the country is more than its vast terrain. In fact, it contains six of the top 20 fastest growing cities in Europe.

Fastest-Growing-Cities_Europe-MAIN-02.jpg

I like this guy's you channel. He has a lot of economic data in other posts.

I'm linking this here as he talks about three Russian military recruitment ads.

PS....The Grandfather likes car better than the grandson. :) As a grandfather myself (urgh i'm old now) I think I would eat dirt before having my grandkid join the Russian Army to give me money.

Russia engaging in colonialism while bemoaning “western imperialism“.

Russia in the 21st Century has not fundamentally changed its mindset since Ivan The Terrible was named the first Tsar.

The leadership is still dictatorial, and the peasants are still the peasants.

I expect things are changing ever so slowly.

Russia in the 21st Century has not fundamentally changed its mindset since Ivan The Terrible was named the first Tsar.

The leadership is still dictatorial, and the peasants are still the peasants.

I expect things are changing ever so slowly.
Once they start speaking Mandarin…

Careful there 'Foreign Policy Canada's...I seem to recall plenty of smart people getting cancelled due simply for them to suggest the MSM was being extremely myopic about COVID and were pushing a pre-planned narrative...

I also seem to notice we have a PM who - I kid you not, seems to f**k up big time with a new scandal each week - yet none of your reporters seem to ask the blunt, obvious questions...

The Kremlin isn't the 'only one' attacking independent media & free speech...

Up to their old tricks I see.
Yup. Albeit back in the days of the late unpleasantness it was usually Bulgarians in Europe doing the dirty work.
Now that they are a NATO member, the Russians have to get their own fingers dirty - and often leave fingerprints.

I kind of wish we’d just drop a present on Vlad’s bunker and call it a day.

One commentator I heard today suggests that this could potentially have a significant impact as international assets owned by the Wagner Group (apparently many of their "payments" from African countries where they operate are in the form of resource concessions) can now be subject to the same international sanctions imposed on Russia. Similarly, the Russian state can be held legally responsible for alleged war crimes perpetrated by the Wagner Group in various conflict areas.

Back