• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Russia in the 21st Century [Superthread]

Classic Russian strategy, they did it in WWI as well.

WWI they conscripted everyone of a certain age with no exemptions based off skill sets. The result was conscripting most the rifle manufacturers in the country greatly decreasing rifle production when they needed it most. By time they realized what they did most those workers were dead and couldn’t be returned to the factory.

Who knows, maybe they will put women in all these industries like we did in WWII. Bring back the Soviet gender reveal ‘It’s a worker’.
The way this is going, I think back to a line I heard that “Russia’s greatest export is women”…and not necessarily in a good way.

Man, who would have thought converting most of your eligible work force into corpses would be terrible for domestic production.....
This has me wondering how many casualties they've actually taken. I know theyre already in a demographic spiral but if their economy is starting to stall because of this war, their casualties must be in the hundreds of thousands.

This has me wondering how many casualties they've actually taken. I know theyre already in a demographic spiral but if their economy is starting to stall because of this war, their casualties must be in the hundreds of thousands.
I think I saw it in the Ukraine thread, but the Russians tipped their hand earlier this month when they released a budget document that showed the substantial growth in disability and survivor benefit claimants they had. Its north of 300K in survivor benefits alone.

Even if they aren’t dead or injured, having millions in uniform has a effect on available workers.

I think I saw it in the Ukraine thread, but the Russians tipped their hand earlier this month when they released a budget document that showed the substantial growth in disability and survivor benefit claimants they had. Its north of 300K in survivor benefits alone.
Jesus Christ Almighty. 300k dead. Maybe the same wounded, captured and missing? What a calamity this wasteful war has been.

Jesus Christ Almighty. 300k dead. Maybe the same wounded, captured and missing? What a calamity this wasteful war has been.
It’s a calamity and a wasteful war if you believe in things like “keeping your people alive” and “human decency”…

Hmmmm ....
Funny how these IT things work, eh?

Hmmmm ....
Funny how these IT things work, eh?
Could this be why? (RUS state media - archived link here)
Screenshot 2024-05-22 110740.jpg

That's the same number they suffered from combined disease and injury in a 10 year conflict in Afghanistan, along with 58,000 dead. this time I suspect the number of dead Russians is close to 100,000.

Back