• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sapper tab approval/denial

If you wanted one bad enough, you could have it made up in the embroidery shop on KAF.
...then again being the prima-donnas we were....

chunky said:
Just throwing this out there, but does anybody know if approval for the sapper tab has been sought through NDHQ and if so, if it was approved or denied?  I'm trying to find out if I can put it up like the Ranger tab or not.

We Sappers don't need a " Tab" our badge is our "Tab" .
The only other tab's we wear are Diver,E.O.D., Jumper,do we need any more?

NFLD Sapper said:
Well said Earl, our cap badge and slip ons are enough ;)

What I would like to see instead of the Brigade patch is our colours on our left shoulder.
Why?
We are the Corps Of Canadian Military Engineers, we belong to no one,we are always attached,.never mentioned by Unit when we have performed the impossible just the "Engineers" were there.

UBIQUE

Spr.Earl said:
What I would like to see instead of the Brigade patch is our colours on our left shoulder.
Why?
We are the Corps Of Canadian Military Engineers, we belong to no one,we are always attached,.never mentioned by Unit when we have performed the impossible just the "Engineers" were there.

UBIQUE

Again another good point(s)

Same argument applies to any other branch and trade.

MedTechs, Supply Techs, MatTechs, Int Ops, Int Os... list goes on...

MedTech said:

"MedTechs, Supply Techs, MatTechs, Int Ops, Int Os... list goes on..."

Are not a CORPS!

We Sappers are !!
I'm not going into a shit pump parade but there is quite a diff. between our coleclevtive task's

Spr.Earl said:
"MedTechs, Supply Techs, MatTechs, Int Ops, Int Os... list goes on..."

Are not a CORPS!

We Sappers are !!
I'm not going into a shit pump parade but there is quite a diff. between our coleclevtive task's

Easy Earl

Earl,

Sorry. You're right, not Corps. That's not what I meant. What I meant was that they too belong to no one, and is always attached.

Just clearing that up now.

MedTech said:

But MedTech I  can see where Spr Earl is going.

Which other parts of the forces are know as Corps? (besides Engineers and Armour)

BTW not trying to turn this into a d*** measuring contest.

Believe me Sapper so can I. I apologised for my earlier comment for being unclear.

However, that being said, before the RCAMC was disbanded and renamed, the medical branch was also designated as a Corps.

Interesting, but the RCAMC, even with the word Army in the name, provided coverage
to all three services. Not just the army. The Navy and Air Force medical services only existed
for a brief time. The Navy Medical service was created in 1939, and the RCAF service in
the closing days of 1940.  Both were merged back in the Corps in 1959. Any any other time,
in any service, it is the RCAMC that provided service.

http://www.dnd.ca/health/about_us/cfms_history/engraph/chapter1_e.asp?Lev1=5&Lev2=1&Lev3=2

<edit : fixed spelling>

We haven't been a Corps since forever ago.  We are a Branch.

Kat Stevens said:

As is the Armour Corps.  It is "Corps" in name only.  In reality, in this brave new world, it is the Armour Branch.

Kat Stevens said:

Yup and say's lot's for our history and culture.

By the swipe of a pen we lose all sence of history and tradition.

Nick.

UBIQUE

P_.S. I are still a F.E . !!

Spr.Earl said:
Yup and say's lot's for our history and culture.

By the swipe of a pen we lose all sence of history and tradition.

Nick.

UBIQUE

P_.S. I are still a F.E . !!

Yup, six munc ago I couldn't even spell Enginear.... Now I are one.......

Back to the original topic.... which was nearly a lifetime ago...

did we ever find out about the Sapper Tab?

Back