• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security Clearance for people with prior service

secondchance

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there,
My first application was in 2009-2011 and I was in CAF in  till December 2011.
During my first application I had security clearance which took about 13 months.My trade required level II.
After  starting service in 2011 I VR-ed  in December, 2011 .I re-applied in 2012 and now my file  in Ottawa for security clearance.
My Prior Service Verification is already has been done.I did new TSD test last month.Now I am waiting for medical and interview.

Is  there any specificity in security clearance for people with prior service? or the same long way as for first-timer applicants ?
Thanks in advance.

It's all the same....whether it be a Reliability Screening or a Security Clearance.

DAA said:
It's all the same....whether it be a Reliability Screening or a Security Clearance.
Thanks.
I expected that they do only time after my VR  (2011) till now (2013) cause Security Clearance before my first enrolment in 2011 was already done.  :(
My first  security clearance  took about 13 months in 2010.

If this is being done by your local CFRC, then they are probably only doing a "Reliability Clearance".  Security clearances are not normally done until "after" enrolment.

My CRFC told me that file was sent to Ottawa for security clearance and they are waiting for answer. I also was told that may be they can ask me to fill form 330-60 http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/330-60-eng.pdf.  It will depend from Ottawa's decision.
But I was thinking that Ottawa has my previous security clearance what they did during my first application...

I'm guessing they will be doing a complete Clearance on you if you are an immigrant to Canada even if they have the initial clearance.  A Lot can happen to the people you associated with between the last one and now, which woudl mean they would do a complete work up on you.

This is pure speculation from my point of view and I have no inside information about it.

secondchance said:
My CRFC told me that file was sent to Ottawa for security clearance and they are waiting for answer. I also was told that may be they can ask me to fill form 330-60 http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/330-60-eng.pdf.  It will depend from Ottawa's decision.
But I was thinking that Ottawa has my previous security clearance what they did during my first application...

Hmmmmmm, sounds oh so much like a "Pre-Sec".  Which is not unusual if you meet any of the conditions on this form --->  http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/pre_secur_en.pdf

You needed a pre-screening when you joined before, if those expire then you need to do one again unless you no longer meet the conditions required of a pre-screening. You don't get to skip a step because of your prior service unless that pre-screening is still valid.

Just to clarify this:  You have left the CF with a VR and are now reenrolling.  You have "broken Service".  This means that you have to start your Security Clearance procedure all over again from the very start.

DAA said:
Hmmmmmm, sounds oh so much like a "Pre-Sec".  Which is not unusual if you meet any of the conditions on this form --->  http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/pre_secur_en.pdf
Yes, you are right. I live in Canada less then 10 years and I have mother-in-law who lives outside of Canada.I filled "Pre-Sec" during my first application in 2010 and I filled it now.

PuckChaser said:
You needed a pre-screening when you joined before, if those expire then you need to do one again unless you no longer meet the conditions required of a pre-screening. You don't get to skip a step because of your prior service unless that pre-screening is still valid.
Thanks

George Wallace said:
Just to clarify this:  You have left the CF with a VR and are now reenrolling.  You have "broken Service".  This means that you have to start your Security Clearance procedure all over again from the very start.
Thanks

Back