• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
SJantzi said:
Today a recruiter informed me some may wait longer because selections are made in zones as well. The example given was; they may only choose to fill infantry from Manitoba. Can this be true?

NO and that's one I never heard before!

But come to think of it, that's not such a bad idea.  Infantry are required to build defensive positions from time to time and one would think that people from Manitoba would be pretty good at filling sandbags, so they might make good infantry soldiers.    ;)

DAA said:
NO and that's one I never heard before!

But come to think of it, that's not such a bad idea.  Infantry are required to build defensive positions from time to time and one would think that people from Manitoba would be pretty good at filling sandbags, so they might make good infantry soldiers.    ;)

I believe what they meant was, Manitoba only during one selection period. I still figured it to be bogus. I like your humor DAA :)

SJantzi said:
I believe what they meant was, Manitoba only during one selection period. I still figured it to be bogus. I like your humor DAA :)

Selections are now done on a national basis with no preference given to specific areas or regions.  So once you're merit listed, you are now competing for that job, against "all" applicants and not just the ones from your local area.

Drake.Kho said:
are you apply as a ROTP? or DEO?

Since first round for ROTP is in April I believe DEO is a safe assumption.

Edit to add: I also checked his post history :)

Hopefully I get a call for infantry this week ive waited so long!

GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE

I hope to get my call to do my medical/interview this week.

DeadEye229 said:
Hopefully I get a call for infantry this week ive waited so long!

GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE

Also how long is so long haha? I have been in the process for almost a year now.

J_M_J_D said:

Also how long is so long haha? I have been in the process for almost a year now.

For us waiting for meds/interview were probably not going to here until after April 1...., at which point I will be 9 days shy of a full year..

KerryBlue said:
For us waiting for meds/interview were probably not going to here until after April 1...., at which point I will be 9 days shy of a full year..

Very, very likely. I am only just hoping I get a call this week, I know it wont likely be until April for when we may get our meds/interview.

J_M_J_D said:
Very, very likely. I am only just hoping I get a call this week, I know it wont likely be until April for when we may get our meds/interview.

From what I heard calls for booking med/interviews won't be going out until the new fiscal year...so more likely may for everything we need..

KerryBlue said:
From what I heard calls for booking med/interviews won't be going out until the new fiscal year...so more likely may for everything we need..

I'm not sure when the deadline for ROPT applicants is, but i was told by CFRC Toronto that they will be focusing exclusively on interviewing and med testing ROTP applicants only till the deadline.

J_M_J_D said:

ive been in the process since june haha the recruiting process involves alot of waiting. keep in touch with ur file managers and let him know you're eager to continue on with the process thats what i did and he booked me my medical in January and my interview was in February. Just keep in touch and be patient thats all you could really do! For those wondering i applied for infantry soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back