• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably has something to do with the new application process. It really seems to be messing everything up, as recruiters don't know how to process new applicants. When I called yesterday for an update the recruiter I spoke to said they have no idea when they are going to select people for further processing i.e. medicals and interviews. That may have something to do with things changing.

Rohandro said:
SO I called and asked for an update today because I had nothing better to do and I was informed by the person at the phone that they probably would not even receive the list for Infantry until April 1st, does this mean that selections are no longer on the 18th?

18th is still a go......for those who have completed their processing and are already Merit Listed and waiting for an offer of employment.

Good luck!

Rohandro said:
That would suck on so many different levels.. :mad:

At least you're merit listed. I've been waiting for close to 5 months now to be selected for further processing and the CFRC told me today it could be upwards of a few months to a few years before I hear anything.

KerryBlue said:
At least you're merit listed. I've been waiting for close to 5 months now to be selected for further processing and the CFRC told me today it could be upwards of a few months to a few years before I hear anything.

That's rough...I don't understand what on earth could hold you up so much.

KerryBlue said:

i think it's because you applied through the Toronto CFRC, they seem to process applicants slower then normal because they are overworked (too many applicants, too few counsellors). i've also been waiting about 4 months with no response since the CFAT. i personally know people who applied at other CFRC in january 2014 who have already completed their interviews and medicals.

BTW KerryBlue, what have you heard about the new application process, my recruiter mentioned it but didn't have much information about it, and since then i have been unable to reach him for about 2 months. the only thing i know about the new application process is that they now conduct the interviews BEFORE it is sent to Ottawa.

My file is in Ottawa, I only applied through Toronto because at the time I was home between school years.

What I have heard from DAA, and my recruiters is this. The new process for the most part as you see in the application process is that CFVRC no longer screens applications or takes source documents from applicants. Instead the files usually now within a week are transferred to the local CFRC. When you are called to come in and book your CFAT, or your initial contact you bring in your source documents i.e. birth certificate, transcripts etc. You then book your CFAT and once completed and you pass you are put into holding. What I mean by this is to lessen the administrative burden on CFRC's they only take the best CFAT scores/applicants. You need to be selected for further processing. So basically if you are not competitive my recruiter said you could be stuck in the system for a long long time. BUT, and that is a BIG BUT right now because of the transition a lot of CFRC's have no idea what to do with applicants. DAA can maybe pipe in and attest to this, but recruiters don't know how to proceed.
I hear your pain and trust me, I do!  The system is going through a transition and even I am struggling to figure out how this "new" thing works.  You think you're frustrated, well I am not much better.

At this point in time, I just don't know what to say or how to counsel you and the same goes for everyone else here on Army.ca.  The rule book has been thrown out the window and it's now a free for all. 

So some people end up like yourself and me who are stuck waiting and waiting because our CFRC's do no know how to proceed further while others are just operating under the old system and continuing to book people and process people etc.. It is frustrating when my recruiter is telling me they are now primarily relying on the CFAT, and myself knowing that my score was high enough for Pilot and other officer trades and here I am applying NCM.

I hope DAA doesn't get mad at me for posting that PM here  ::)

For those who have already completed the process and are waiting for job offers.  Happy Selection Date tomorrow and good luck.    :salute:

So the selection date is today then?

My recruiter advised the 16th but I thought it a little odd that selections would be done on a Sunday. 

I have been reading through this thread, and i am concerned i am doing something wrong;
I was merit listed in July, 2013, for Infantry , and was informed I was high on the merit list. Is there something i should be doing to ensure i pop out for selections?
Thx.

SJantzi said:
I have been reading through this thread, and i am concerned i am doing something wrong;
I was merit listed in July, 2013, for Infantry , and was informed I was high on the merit list. Is there something i should be doing to ensure i pop out for selections?
Thx.

If you haven't been in contact with your CFRC within the past little while, you should give them a call to find out what's up with your file.  If you were in fact Merit Listed back in Jul 13 and haven't heard anything since, then something is wrong.

DAA said:
If you haven't been in contact with your CFRC within the past little while, you should give them a call to find out what's up with your file.  If you were in fact Merit Listed back in Jul 13 and haven't heard anything since, then something is wrong.

Thanks, I had spoken with them and were surprised about the length as well, but I was informed Infantry is currently being selected. So hopefully I make the list and hear soon!

SJantzi said:
Thanks, I had spoken with them and were surprised about the length as well, but I was informed Infantry is currently being selected. So hopefully I make the list and hear soon!

Just try and maintain contact, at least once every 30 days.  Even if it is to say "Hello, I'm still alive."  But that's another story.......

Haha will do, many thanks DAA.
As well, to prevent sounding self-centered with my earlier post, best of luck to the rest of you merited for Infantry! Feel free to PM, I would like to share stories and excitement for BMQ.

Today a recruiter informed me some may wait longer because selections are made in zones as well. The example given was; they may only choose to fill infantry from Manitoba. Can this be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back