• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIssac

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
kanataguy1 said:
I just talked to my recruiting center and the next round of calls for medical and interviews will be going out apr 1st
Music to my ears lol ;D
 

KerryBlue

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
kanataguy1 said:
I just talked to my recruiting center and the next round of calls for medical and interviews will be going out apr 1st

This must be from CFRC Ottawa, hallelujah only 6 months of waiting by the time I get the call....
 

Rohandro

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I feel like its a bit weird that barely anyone has heard anything and its the middle of the week
 

Winter727

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Rohandro said:
I feel like its a bit weird that barely anyone has heard anything and its the middle of the week

I'm betting on the fact that next week is probably when things will pick up. No worries
 

KerryBlue

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
Rohandro said:
I feel like its a bit weird that barely anyone has heard anything and its the middle of the week

Well part of it is also a lot of CFRC's for some reason are waiting until 1 Apr to even further process applicants, so compared to this time last year there are not as many people merit listed to be selected....
Winter727 said:
I'm betting on the fact that next week is probably when things will pick up. No worries

This is probably pretty on the money as to what is going to happen...
 

KerryBlue

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
Oh believe me, I've been dreaming for almost six months that I would get a medical and Interview booked someday soon....
 

Rohandro

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
MacIssac said:
It would be awesome if we all get in for may 5th bmq lol
Im pretty sure the may 5th date is BMOQ, April 26 or 28th or something like that is BMQ well the nearest date I know of atleast
 

KerryBlue

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
MacIssac said:
Yeah your probably right. I may have misread another post.

June or July is probably more realistic....hell even August is probably most likely for lots of us..
 

Rohandro

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
KerryBlue said:
June or July is probably more realistic....hell even August is probably most likely for lots of us..

Thank god Im merit listed Kerry, I feel so bad for you and others in your situation who got screwed over like you did. I really do hope you get through quickly
 

Goose15

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Jordan10 said:
Does anyone know if they will be making calls each day for ncm trades? For example I see some people have received a call today, does that mean the selections have been completed for this round, or will it be an ongoing process over the next few days? Thanks!

KerryBlue said:
It will be on going until all the spots for FY 2014-2015 are filled, and their are 441 for infantry. Relax if you are merit listed you are further ahead then most people hoping to get in for FY 2014-2015.

To expand on KB's post:

They will be continuing to make calls and selections until the FY numbers are met or as needs require. However, there are multiple "rounds" in the sense that not all trade selections occur at one singular time. Selections are made throughout the year on an ongoing basis. So, someone like myself or KB who are not merit listed now are still able to be selected once we are. We would not have to wait until the next FY began; as long as spots are still available, which there undoubtedly should be.
 

RectorCR

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
KerryBlue said:
It will be on going until all the spots for FY 2014-2015 are filled, and their are 441 for infantry. Relax if you are merit listed you are further ahead then most people hoping to get in for FY 2014-2015.

Where did you get that number from (441 for infantry)? You're file manager?
My recruiting centre won't tell me anything.
I was there yesterday and one person told me when I asked about selection "You know just as much as I do about selection..." FML

 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
RectorCR said:
Where did you get that number from (441 for infantry)? You're file manager?
My recruiting centre won't tell me anything.
I was there yesterday and one person told me when I asked about selection "You know just as much as I do about selection..." FML

"441", seems kind of low to me.  I think the CF might have hired close to 500 last year but still, it seems reasonable.
 

KerryBlue

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
RectorCR said:
Where did you get that number from (441 for infantry)? You're file manager?
My recruiting centre won't tell me anything.
I was there yesterday and one person told me when I asked about selection "You know just as much as I do about selection..." FML

Yep, well sometimes my RC is useless. Like when I ask the question when am I going to be further processed. Then there are times where they are actually very helpful, and have good information but most of that is post recruiting process stuff.
 

OdoyleRules

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey DAA, any news on your side of this? I thought the results from the selection on the 18th would of been out by now?

So far no one has comment on any NCM hiring.
 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
OdoyleRules said:
Hey DAA, any news on your side of this? I thought the results from the selection on the 18th would of been out by now?

So far no one has comment on any NCM hiring.

I think the 18th were for DEO occupations, so I think some of the people picked up were for DEO Pilot and have already posted here.  Other than that, not quite sure what to make of it.  Seems like pickings may have been rather slim.
 

Goose15

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
DAA said:
I think the 18th were for DEO occupations, so I think some of the people picked up were for DEO Pilot and have already posted here.  Other than that, not quite sure what to make of it.  Seems like pickings may have been rather slim.

Are there particular times in the year they would hire on more people out of the recruiting numbers than others?

Simply a question of interest since not all spots are given out on the first selection date. Or would that imply a method to the madness? :)
 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Goose15 said:
Are there particular times in the year they would hire on more people out of the recruiting numbers than others?

Simply a question of interest since not all spots are given out on the first selection date. Or would that imply a method to the madness? :)

There is a method to the "madness" but far more complicated than anyone could explain.  Generally, it's just a steady stream based on available applicants to available positions to available BMQ/BMOQ vacancies.

Nothing more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top