• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to everyone who got an offer! I hope I make the 25th selections for infantry.
Is there another selection date after that, that anyone is aware of?

GraemeCaughill said:
Congrats to everyone who got an offer! I hope I make the 25th selections for infantry.
Is there another selection date after that, that anyone is aware of?

I believe the next ones are Nov.3 or 25th, maybe one more in between.

GraemeCaughill said:
Great, thanks for the response!
Positive thoughts.

If I were you I would call and make sure that you are merit listed if you haven't already done so.

Thank you all for the well wishes, with how competitive this process is we definitely don't take for granted the amazing opportunity he's been blessed with!
Good luck to all receiving and all awaiting that very special phone call,
Don't lose hope! :salute:

SJantzi said:
Haha thanks! The wait feels really long at times, but once you get "The Call" the wait feels 100% worth it! Just need to be patient, and not let it bother you ;)
:salute:

Yeah, good on you for waiting for sure! Congrats and best of luck!

I've been an applicant for 1.5 years now, and it'll probably be 2.5 once next selections happen (TDO 2015 selections predicted after new fiscal year). I'll keep you in mind through the process.

Anyone else over here have Weapons Tech Land as one of their occupation choices? Apparently selections are at the end of the month and was wondering  how many spots are still open.

Just got the call a few minutes ago, caught me still half-asleep. Needless to say, I am no longer.

Oct 25th BMQ.  :salute:

Very, very excited. Congratulations to everyone else as well.  :cdn:

KerryBlue said:
If I were you I would call and make sure that you are merit listed if you haven't already done so.
Found out that a piece of information for my medical was left out of my medical file so I have to wait another week to have my reference and name check completed. A bummer as it was out if my hands and the medical officer made a mistake. None the less I have an extremely competitive file (says my file manager) so with luck things will speed up again for me this next month.

The last cook selection date was June 21st but the hiring numbers weren't approved until July 30th I was offered a job on July 31st.

If you go to the center they have a list of the selection dates and about how many positions. I'm not sure what entry plan your doing but when i was there last i saw a selection date in September for cooks joining through the SEP I think there was around 11 positions (for our center).

Did you end up finishing your grade 12 math?

Well I just added it to my ongoing application which was for Steward, and changed it to my main trade. I know right now forces.ca says it's in-demand and hiring, but I also know take that with a grain of salt. I am likely going to be calling the recruiting center this upcoming week, and see if I can get scheduled for my medical and interview finally.

Next selection date for one of my trade choices is quickly approaching. Anyone else have a selection date "scheduled" for August 25? :)

I heard on here the July selection date for combat engineer did not happen, does anyone know if there is one between now and November? Is it even a possibility they can add selection dates for hiring trades or is it decided annually?

Looking at some of the more recent posts, it seems as though the selections for AVN Tech have recently been made. Does anyone know when the next dates for that particular trade might be? I'm still early in the application process but wanted to get an idea of how often they make selections for specific occupations.

ace1125 said:
I heard on here the July selection date for combat engineer did not happen, does anyone know if there is one between now and November? Is it even a possibility they can add selection dates for hiring trades or is it decided annually?

I think it did happen even though it wasn't scheduled.  Selection dates are only a "forecasting tool" which allow CFRC's sufficient notice/lead time to process applicants for their chosen occupations.  They can and do occur, at any time.

DAA said:
I think it did happen even though it wasn't scheduled.  Selection dates are only a "forecasting tool" which allow CFRC's sufficient notice/lead time to process applicants for their chosen occupations.  They can and do occur, at any time.

Thanks

I've been merit listed since the end of April for infantry and armoured, I've not been called for the last ten selection for my trade. Is it time to hang up the towel or is there still hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back