• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
FortYorkRifleman said:
Anyone know of any upcoming selection dates for Infantry?

Just missed them, next intake probably wont be till 2015. Selection dates for some other trades are in November though.

Just got the call for Combat Engineer! Swearing in on Oct 1st and flying out of Vancouver on Oct 18th. SO excited, best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Waiting to hear back about AVS. Maybe I missed the boat this round?

When were you merit listed? I also am waiting to hear something, I suppose end next week is when you will have a better idea of whether or not you'll be making the cut.

It might not be for a while, I was recently called for Armoured and start BMQ Oct. 20. Best of luck!

I'm looking for the dates for the next selection of officers for intelligence, armour and artillery. Also, will that likely be the last selection for these trades for this fiscal year, and if so, when in the new fiscal year does the first round of recruitment typically happen (April, May?). Last question, if you'll allow me: if I receive an offer for BMOQ for a selection round in the fall, can I ask to defer my BMOQ date until the summer instead of the January intake (for example, if you have a contractual obligation with my current job to work until early spring). Thanks mates!

benladimar said:
I'm looking for the dates for the next selection of officers for intelligence, armour and artillery. Also, will that likely be the last selection for these trades for this fiscal year, and if so, when in the new fiscal year does the first round of recruitment typically happen (April, May?). Last question, if you'll allow me: if I receive an offer for BMOQ for a selection round in the fall, can I ask to defer my BMOQ date until the summer instead of the January intake (for example, if you have a contractual obligation with my current job to work until early spring). Thanks mates!

No you cannot defer to take BMQ, especially since you want summer and not winter.. they'll eat you alive if you tell them that. When they offer it to you it's either take it or ask to remain on the waitlist.. which won't guarantee you getting in for the next round.

Treemoss said:
No you cannot defer to take BMQ, especially since you want summer and not winter.. they'll eat you alive if you tell them that. When they offer it to you it's either take it or ask to remain on the waitlist.. which won't guarantee you getting in for the next round.

No offence intended, I appreciate your taking the time to respond, but I'd like to get an answer from someone within the system already if possible. :) And its not that I want summer training - I'm the type of person who deals better with cold than with mosquitoes. Its that I won't be available to do training until March because of my current job. I saw in other forums that someone got an offer in August for BMOQ starting in January, so I'm wondering if there is some flexibility there.

benladimar said:

Should be sometime around the third week of November with the BMOQ starting the third of Jan 15.  Fiscal year doesn't apply to selections.  Next round after Nov 14 will probably be in Feb 15 or later for BMOQ's starting after 1 Apr 15.

If selected, you probably could ask for a deferral but it's not likely to be entertained this late in the year as you MUST be enrolled prior to 1 Apr.

Good luck!

Does anyone know when the next infantry or artillery selection is? Wasn't sure if the previous post was just for officers being selected third week in November thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is a ridiculously overasked question but can anyone (DAA?) verify how many DEO pilot slots remain open as of now/for the November selection?

Thanks,
Ryan

Jacksonovff said:
Does anyone know when the next infantry or artillery selection is? Wasn't sure if the previous post was just for officers being selected third week in November thanks in advance.

Nov 3 and 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back