• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKF7 said:
Hi,

I just called and spoke with someone else, they let me know there are 49 positions to be filled as of today and the next selection date is May 31. I assume there was one on April 19th as well. If we dont hear back within the next 1-2 weeks then we were likely not selected for the April round. They did not know how many people are on the list but she said "things are looking good for you" so that is an encouraging sign.

FYI

Very very reassuring!! Thanks for that as I am also a DEO pilot applicant.

Cheers and good luck to us all!

awolfintdot said:
I believe that the selection board/committee has met sometime earlier this week to select MARS officers (Reg DEO) ? Do you have any information as to when that happened?
I haven't received any calls from my centre yet, and am afraid I wasn't competitive enough.

There was a selection last week; however it can take up to 10 business days for the detachment to notify individuals that they've been selected.  Please be patient and follow up with your detachment next week to find out the status of your file.

white-1 said:
Any idea when the next selection will occur for DEO Nursing Officer?

There was a selection last week; however it can take up to 10 business days for the detachment to notify individuals that they've been selected.  Please be patient and follow up with your detachment next week to find out the status of your file.  If all the positions are not filled on last weeks selection then the next selection is end May.

dshulga said:
This holds true in my case I believe as I received my offer for DEO MARS on April 12, 2017 which means I may have been selected on or around April 5th.

Congrats on your offer!

foster0223 said:
Woundering when next selection date is for vehicle tech as today is last day for April

There was a selection last week; however it can take up to 10 business days for the detachment to notify individuals that they've been selected.  Please be patient and follow up with your detachment next week to find out the status of your file.  The next selection scheduled dates for vehicle tech are 3-May & 17-May.

Geralt_O_Rvia said:
I was hoping to seek some information here. I'm in the application process for DEO Pilot and have just been told my name is finally (after over 2.5yrs of going through the application) in the competition list. I was wondering if anybody could elucidate on upcoming selection dates for pilots, the number of spots looking to be filled, etc, etc, etc.

There was a selection last week; however it can take up to 10 business days for the detachment to notify individuals that they've been selected.  The next selection scheduled dates for Pilot are end-May and end-June and there are plenty of spots remaining.

Armour8 said:
Hello Sir, You had posted that Armoured Officer and Infantry Officer projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017.
Does it mean that ROTP candidates (who were already in competition list) will be selected via selection boards on said dates?

Those were DEO dates.  The projected selection date for ROTP Inf & Armd Officer is 11-May-17.  Please note that it can take up to 10 business days after that date for detachments to give the offer of employments.

AKF7 said:
I am wondering the same thing. After just over 2 years in the application process, I was placed on the competition list about half way through March, 2017. I emailed the recruiting centre and they have not been much help. They told me they have no way of knowing when the selections will take place, other than it should be soon. Can anyone elaborate on this? Is it possible that I wont be selected at all?

There was a selection last week; however it can take up to 10 business days for the detachment to notify individuals that they've been selected.  The next selection scheduled dates for Pilot are end-May and end-June and there are plenty of spots remaining. There is always a possibility that someone may not been selected.  You should discuss your options with your detachment in regards to your competitiveness.

Hi,

I have completed my CFAT, my medical, my interview, and the security check. I was informed that I was going to be put onto the competition/merit list as of last week. I have a few questions as follows:

1) Would anyone know when the selection date(s) for Construction Engineering Officer under the DEO entry plan would occur?
2) How many positions are open for this trade for this fiscal year under the DEO entry plan?

Regards,
wnhan

wnhan said:
1) Would anyone know when the selection date(s) for Construction Engineering Officer under the DEO entry plan would occur?
2) How many positions are open for this trade for this fiscal year under the DEO entry plan?

The next planned selections for Construction Engineer DEO are 31-May-17 & 28-Jun-17; it can take up to 10 business days after those dates for the detachment to notify individuals that they've been selected.  The Intake Plan (subject to change) was 9 for this Occupation at the beginning of the fiscal year, and there are still positions remaining within that occupation at this time.

Buck_HRA,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Do you have any idea how many spots are currently open out of the nine positions for Construction Engineering Officer under the DEO entry plan for this fiscal year?

Kindest regards,
wnhan

Hey all, I have been waiting in the merit list now for about 1.5 months .  I know a selection date just passed yesterday and there is another one on the 17th of May. I applied as armoured Soldier.  And they said my file was doing good. That's always a promising sign. Another thing was wondering if anyone would know if there is a possible date I should expect to wait now! I'm just anxious and excited.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Hey Buck,
I've since cleared my medical, interview and aircrew medical and was told that my file was being processed to get on the merit list. I was told at this point that this needed to be seen by 3 different people before it could get there. I was wondering what the typical time frame for this step could be? I've already been waiting for 2.5 weeks since everything came back and up until now I didn't know this step existed. I'm trying to see if it's reasonable for my file to be on the pile by the time 31 May selection date comes around. 
Any information you could provide on this transitional step would be appreciated.

PS: As a side note do you know the number of DEO slots open to AECO?

Thanks!

Hi All, I'm out of office on course right now but I'll get dates & info to you early next week.

AlwaysWaiting said:
Hey Buck,
I've since cleared my medical, interview and aircrew medical and was told that my file was being processed to get on the merit list. I was told at this point that this needed to be seen by 3 different people before it could get there. I was wondering what the typical time frame for this step could be? I've already been waiting for 2.5 weeks since everything came back and up until now I didn't know this step existed. I'm trying to see if it's reasonable for my file to be on the pile by the time 31 May selection date comes around. 
Any information you could provide on this transitional step would be appreciated.

Thanks!
If this helps, I cleared all the steps on March 2nd and never heard back about being placed on the competition list so I had to follow up. Got a reply April 19th saying I had been placed on the merit list but I don't know exactly when that happened.... could've been March 9th like it could've been April 18th.

Communication between CFRC and applicants should really be improved... automated emails being sent out once your file makes it to certain phases would be a start... to anyone listening.

[quote author=CPTGabeyP]

<snip>

Communication between CFRC and applicants should really be improved... automated emails being sent out once your file makes it to certain phases would be a start... to anyone listening.
[/quote]

Nobody is listening.

Read the small print on the bottom of every page:  Unofficial site, not associated with DND.
It is a happy coincidence there are a large number of informed current and retired members who volunteer to discuss topics on this private forum.

wnhan said:
Do you have any idea how many spots are currently open out of the nine positions for Construction Engineering Officer under the DEO entry plan for this fiscal year?

As of today's date 8 of the Construction Engineering positions remain open.

notyouraveragesailor said:
I was wondering when the selection dates for ROTP LogO and MARS are going to occur. Thanks.

There was a selection last week; however it can take up to 10 business days for the detachment to notify individuals that they've been selected.  There are no further selection dates in the system at this time.

Paulyduch said:
Hey all, I have been waiting in the merit list now for about 1.5 months .  I know a selection date just passed yesterday and there is another one on the 17th of May. I applied as armoured Soldier.  And they said my file was doing good. That's always a promising sign. Another thing was wondering if anyone would know if there is a possible date I should expect to wait now! I'm just anxious and excited.

Selections occur basically every other week for NCM occupations. It can take up to 10 business days for the detachment to notify individuals that they've been selected.  There is no set time that someone can be on the Competition List for, it depends on how competitive your file is in comparison to everyone else who is wanting to join the same occupation.

AlwaysWaiting said:
I was wondering what the typical time frame for this step could be?

There is no typical time frame; each persons file is different and there could be complications on your file that I'm not aware of so I can't give a specific time frame.  As of today's date there are over 20 positions remaining for AEC Officer (DEO).

CPTGabeyP said:

The new application system (still waiting for the release date) will have an improvement. The role out will happen in phases but once fully functional applicants will be able to log into the Application Portal to see where their file is whenever they want.

EpicBeardedMan said:
Any idea for selection dates for MP?

The projected dates are currently 24-May and 7-Jun (and will continue to occur every other week until all positions are filled); however it can take up to 10 business days for the detachment to notify individuals that they've been selected.

@Buck, cheers.

Appreciate all your information. Have my interview and medical on the 26th so was just looking to the future.

So just as I made my last post about 5 minutes later I got a job offer ! I leave for bmq August 5th ! Anyone else going as well ?! Sworn date in manitoba is July 17th. I'm not allowed any legal obligations till then like tickets etc I recemtly got a letter saying I owe tax money from last year . do they double check all that when I go to my ceremony ? Anyone ? @buck_HRA I'll have it all paid before my ceremony . I just want to stay in the clear. Anything I ask of : how hard is basic ? I try to train every day run. Do the physically test practise. My friend just graduated bmq and he said if your committed you can do it

Allo Buck
If you could tell me selection dates for nursing officer and the number of positions still open for this year, I'd be thankful

lpe2017 said:
Allo Buck
If you could tell me selection dates for nursing officer and the number of positions still open for this year, I'd be thankful

Have you searched the site? Have you read the topics?

http://navy.ca/forums/threads/125807.0.html
Has the answer for Nursing Officer DEO.

kratz said:
Have you searched the site? Have you read the topics?

http://navy.ca/forums/threads/125807.0.html
Has the answer for Nursing Officer DEO.

Did I ask for intake numbers?
No, I asked for selection dates and number of remaining spots

lpe2017 said:
Allo Buck
The next scheduled selection is 31-May, and there are 5 spots remaining for Nurse.  Processing is no longer occurring this FY for Nursing Officer, so depending where your file is at in the process it may not receive any further movement until the next Fiscal Year.

As a side note, this site is unofficial and everyone here is attempting to assist others - the Directing Staff don't get paid - it's volunteer driven to help out as best we can, in the future if the information given to you isn't what you're looking for simply say thank you and clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back