• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from my recruitment centre to just touch base and I was told by my recruiting officer "you can be selected at any time for infantry as it is the largest trade in numbers. The selection dates for infantry occur all the time and are not necessarily on specific dates" . So I guess that doesn't apply for all trades but those of you applying for infantry, it sounds to me like you can receive an offer at anytime if you have been merit listed. So keep your heads up it'll happen!

Jordan10 said:
I just got back from my recruitment centre to just touch base and I was told by my recruiting officer "you can be selected at any time for infantry as it is the largest trade in numbers. The selection dates for infantry occur all the time and are not necessarily on specific dates" . So I guess that doesn't apply for all trades but those of you applying for infantry, it sounds to me like you can receive an offer at anytime if you have been merit listed. So keep your heads up it'll happen!

Your "recruiting officer" has no control over selections and yes there are specific dates.  However, there can be occassions when onezies or twozies could be selected on short notice.

Mab163 said:
Any idea when is the next pilot selection?

Probably sometime around the first week of Jul.

DAA said:
Probably sometime around the first week of Jul.

Wow! Thank you DAA for your quick answer. I believed that another selection will take place before BMOQ in May...  :eek:

Called my CFRC today for an update on my application. Was told my references were called and that they're just waiting on some check to come back and I should be merit listed in the coming weeks, recommending that I should call in the next week and a half to see. Applied for ACISS and was wondering what the selections are like for this trade.

Mab163 said:
Wow! Thank you DAA for your quick answer. I believed that another selection will take place before BMOQ in May...  :eek:

That's entirely possible for BMOQ (DEO Serial).  There may very well be openings available that would definitely need to be filled.

So short notice or as required selections could very well take place.

DAA said:
That's entirely possible for BMOQ (DEO Serial).  There may very well be openings available that would definitely need to be filled.

So short notice or as required selections could very well take place.

Glad to hear that! Thank you once again DAA!

Reading around these past few days I feel that there's a lot of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) on the recruiting forums.  I've been sitting on the merit list for the past year, looking at getting passed up for another selection (because it's already happened apparently) and having to re-do my interview and medical, but what else is there?  Reading and discussing it online until my head explodes or just keep waiting?

Don't worry so much about selection dates, just keep everything current and keep waiting, because in the end worrying about it will not change anything.

Jordan10 said:
Anyone else excited it's finally April tomorrow? Let's hope the word on the street is in fact true, I know I sure am  ready both mentally and physically for the next step to BMQ! Any other infantry applicants out there??

Yes also waiting for infantry.. the told me to call them back the 2nd week of april to schedule my interview and medical so i'll call tomorrow hope to be with some of you guys this summer at st-jean.

Spoke to someone about the priority list today, they said infantry is 4th on the list and theres nothing even close in regards to infantry selections. Right now the biggest priority is ROTP, just thought I should let you guys know.

Rohandro said:
Spoke to someone about the priority list today, they said infantry is 4th on the list and theres nothing even close in regards to infantry selections. Right now the biggest priority is ROTP, just thought I should let you guys know.

Learned something new today.  The "priority list", never heard that one before.    :facepalm:

DAA said:
Learned something new today.  The "priority list", never heard that one before.    :facepalm:

tisk tisk to the recruiters making up fake lists then  ::)

DAA said:

The new selecting system they are running this year...?

Any word on when applicants merit list in April will be receiving a job offer or the selection time? Especially in regards to Infantry and NCM.

petercushing said:
Any word on when applicants merit list in April will be receiving a job offer or the selection time? Especially in regards to Infantry and NCM.

your guess is as good as anyone elses..The offer will come when it will come and there aint nothing we can do to speed up it up  :2c:

Had you looked back one measly page you would have come across this post by DAA

DAA said:
21 Apr,  there are no BMQ's scheduled to start in the month of May and the next one I think is like the first week of Jun.

KerryBlue said:
Had you looked back one measly page you would have come across this post by DAA

My mistake I did look through this thread but must have missed it.

petercushing said:

There are currently no scheduled time for Infantryman.  I "think" the only combat arms trade being selected (ie; 4 Apr and 21 Apr) is probably Artilleryman.  The rest are pretty much support occupations.

Calls for the 4 Apr selections should be going out this week.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back